• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire House Cat Renders Here!

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@mininessie really cute and love how you used the lantern prop here!! That is a fantastic idea for it!

Dragon Lizard
LizzardSM.jpg

Products Used:
HiveWire House Cat, Catula for the HiveWire House Cat, Arki's Malaik wings, Daz Dragon 3, Crystal Dragon for Daz Dragon 3 - custom textures, Lisa's Botanicals Daylilies, Autumn Elegance for Lisa's Botanicals Daylilies, Background image is from Nathies-Stock on Deviant Art Unrestricted use .

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
It occurred to me to take the fur off of my Tiny Furry cat and put it on my HW cat... this is a VERY QUICK & DIRTY test of the idea... I could put each group in place better, and then parent it! wooo hoo!!! I have all her cats and so I just might have a POSER fur HW cat!!!
FurCats.jpg

I just selected each group and did a quick calculation... I REALLY think this has possibilities... plus then each group is ACTIVE in the hair
room, allowing me to adjust length, etc. heeehhheeehehehee wow!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
PS it does take some scaling.... the HW cat is TINY when brought in, next to the old GIANT mil cat...so I scaled UP the HW cat, moved each piece/group of hair, and did some quick scaling of it... also personally I prefer a shorter hair cat, so I'm going to try Tiny's short hair, ADD more hairs to each group (seems I remember that one being a bit thin on the hair)... place it, parent it, and then be ready to go.... IF I use my Tiny Lyne cat's the fur texture will work...it is another learning curve to understand HOW the fur picks up the texture maps already made... this one above I had to 'trick' poser by changing the name of my Travis jpg to the name of a fur set Tiny had made for another Mil cat ..ie: substitute mine for the 'original'.... but I will be DEVEOTED to figuring this out. Of course I CAN'T SHARE IT, as it's not mine to share.... but I'm THAT SERIOUS in making a true haired HW cat for myself! Will take a long time.... but ! :)

It occurred to me to take the fur off of my Tiny Furry cat and put it on my HW cat... this is a VERY QUICK & DIRTY test of the idea... I could put each group in place better, and then parent it! wooo hoo!!! I have all her cats and so I just might have a POSER fur HW cat!!!
View attachment 32189
I just selected each group and did a quick calculation... I REALLY think this has possibilities... plus then each group is ACTIVE in the hair
room, allowing me to adjust length, etc. heeehhheeehehehee wow!

Actually, I would go in, create new guide hairs on the HW cat and then copy the settings from MilCat's fur over. Save it as base and then start fiddling with the hair length etc

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Nope... the point is, NONE of the hair group params show up when you create NEW hairs... I'm totally lost...so I will size the HW cat to the mil cat, move the hair group, reshape/size it, parent it...THEN with it's numerous dials active I can make hair thicker, fall more etc. I'm going to let Tiny's furred mil cats (short hair one- which actually looks good without calculating dynamics on all but the legs!) TEACH ME about the hair room. :) I'd like the hair a bit thicker on it. Just a quick look at my Travis with fur on that Tiny made me:
FurCat1.jpg

and now, I'm going to shush about this, as it will take me a LONG time, working as I feel like it between art image projects... AND this is the HW cat render thread...so in the future, I'll show this 'fur' on the HW cat with my Travis map... :)

AND in fact, @Alisa - feel free to move my posts about this project to the Fur thread or create a new thread?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Awwww from me too!

I had to give up on my Tiny fur to HW cat.... sigh...so REALLY hoping that Cliff's set of pythons will HELP me create a furred cat in Poser!!!