• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire House Cat Renders Here!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Are the Catula ears on dials, or are they a preset? (They are in the cart, but I've not got them yet.) I would think that that would be a very useful morph to have control of.

Mininessie: Yup, that was exactly what I thought of. Perfectly done.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Are the Catula ears on dials, or are they a preset? (They are in the cart, but I've not got them yet.) I would think that that would be a very useful morph to have control of.

Mininessie: Yup, that was exactly what I thought of. Perfectly done.
It's a property ( much like a pose with scaling saved) you apply the property and the face and ears apply, but now that you mention it I probably should of made ear option properties for each of the ears like I did the eyes. Sorry, I don't know how to do the dial sliders, just the property morphs, but you can change them with the sliders in the property settings to make them as large or as small as you want different height and movement with them also using the property dials. I hope not a deal breaker for you. I also have revert to base poses for full body and head and you can mix and match the property morphs with the cat base. As per the above images. I have another one I'm cooking on that I will post soon.

I also did a cabbit, and think with a bit of work you could probably get a pretty decent Fennic fox. 2nd one is the extracted .cr2 in Poser with FK warm n soul lights.
short face 3 copy.jpgGreen copy.jpg

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@mininessie Tooo cute!! =)

Winged Forest Catula
Winged Forest Catula.jpg

Products Used:
HiveWire House Cat, CWRW's Orange Tabby Coat texture for the HW house cat, Catula for the Hivewire House Cat, Ultimate butterfly scatter (custom textures) Malaik wings (I used them because they had the preset texture colors that matched the coat texture) I probably need to fiddle with the winged horse ones and see if I can get an acceptable fit., BG image is a freebie from Renderoisty's freebie section.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Ah, well, not a deal-breaker, but it would have been nice. Where does one find the Properties morphs. Is that under the Shaping tab, or one of the list items in Parameters?

I did think of the Fennic fox when I saw some of the different options.

Ah yes, the Malaik wind. I've used those on a lot of critters. They are one of the few wing sets which are proportioned large enough to make flight plausible. Although they *really* don't fold well.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Ah, well, not a deal-breaker, but it would have been nice. Where does one find the Properties morphs. Is that under the Shaping tab, or one of the list items in Parameters?

I did think of the Fennic fox when I saw some of the different options.

Ah yes, the Malaik wind. I've used those on a lot of critters. They are one of the few wing sets which are proportioned large enough to make flight plausible. Although they *really* don't fold well.
A property is rather like a modified pose but also can contain textures, shapes, scaling, and poses. So, those will be in the pose folder. The dials in the properties tab that come with the HW HC.

True on the wings so need to find some time to work with the Winged horse ones.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
I've been neglecting my poor HiveWire kitten for a long time, so I thought I would post this one in this thread, even though the kitten is not the focus of the image...

View media item 3854
I've been experimenting with the new dForce feature in DAZ Studio (which I am liking a lot). Maybe now I can finally get some of my semi-dynamic projects put together in a release-able state. Don't hold your breath, though...