• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Cat Renders Here!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yup, just noticed that myself.

Love the support we're getting. Kind folks here showing up there, and then other reasonable folks that can see the light and are open to recognize quality.

Could you image just going feature by feature and comparing it all? Look at the eye blink on the DAZ cat and then look at ours. Look at the detail of our ear and look at theirs. I certainly believe it's much more then a marginal difference in every way.

Our Big Cat and House Cat to come, will NOT pale by any comparison, to old or new.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
FINALLY... after hours and hours of just PLAYING with all his wonderful dials, then choosing lights (I used a point at light for his face- eyes and tongue, in poser) and then all the constructing of the background/surroundings...adding Ken's wonderful critters to bring it to life:

Link to the HUGE original on my website, under my image here. My muse is already off and running with the next idea for the leopard!! Wow, talk about a great distraction for me at this time in my life!! :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I have been 'gone' into the world of our leopard... so have not commented on all the new art here... so will just say GREAT ART EVERYONE!!! Love just browsing through the pages and catching up!!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm digging this, very creative of you. Looks great!
Thanks, but that's almost all Lauries wonderful work, I just basically re-coloured her bump map :D
Love the support we're getting. Kind folks here showing up there, and then other reasonable folks that can see the light and are open to recognize quality.
Could you image just going feature by feature and comparing it all? Look at the eye blink on the DAZ cat and then look at ours. Look at the detail of our ear and look at theirs. I certainly believe it's much more then a marginal difference in every way.
Our Big Cat and House Cat to come, will NOT pale by any comparison, to old or new.
Even if it wasn't for all those (wonderful) little details Chris, that leg action alone is worth it :) Look at your baby S-T-R-E-T-C-H! (and that was just lifting the leg like I did for the DBC2, what a difference)
Leopard Back.jpg

View attachment 14301
Not happy with this thus far, The action is good thus far, but it doesn't "pop" yet
I love this, but I wonder Carey if you used the Silver option for the main Gorilla if that would make it pop more? (since he's so dark compared to Kitty)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Boy, don't get over to this thread for a half a day and WOW -

What great images, folks - apologies for not picking each and every one out, but I'm LOVING it..KITTY L:wub:VE!!

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Oh my I have kitty envy :p. Got to see if I can scare up some coin from some where fast lol.
Loving the renders guys they are all great

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
View attachment 14301
Not happy with this thus far, The action is good thus far, but it doesn't "pop" yet

I can't remember if you use Poser or Daz, but one option might be hiding the main characters and rendering the background then exporting it into PS or gimp and upping the saturation and/or brightness and contrast. Then, import the background into your render platform and switch on the main characters and render, or if you can find some light effects atmospherics ........ best example I can think of but it's for Daz is Dreamlight's for Stonemason's jungle but something like that.

I still think the action is wicked kewl !!!!

I need to think about doing Python Vs Black Panther or Jaguar at some point.

WOW!! that's stunning @Desertsilver love how you have composed this !!

Now off to pull down my images from Daz!! =( It appears the mods are not taking kindly to them in the thread at full size so I must put them as small attachments below the text. :(

Then off to work on a few things after dinner.

Last edited:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL images!

Breathtaking even!

I hope I can squeeze in some more time to play with the Big Cat.

Carey

Extraordinary
Thanks, but that's almost all Lauries wonderful work, I just basically re-coloured her bump map :D
Even if it wasn't for all those (wonderful) little details Chris, that leg action alone is worth it :) Look at your baby S-T-R-E-T-C-H! (and that was just lifting the leg like I did for the DBC2, what a difference)
View attachment 14304
I love this, but I wonder Carey if you used the Silver option for the main Gorilla if that would make it pop more? (since he's so dark compared to Kitty)

Thanks that is worth a try, some scenes come out and they appear quite natural, others like this just looked "stacked" like you just threw some things into the picture.. the larger the scene, the harder it is.. Really I think I should be doing this in Carrara so get better depth...

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Sooo digging these images. I'm definitely a fanboy!

Desertsilver this is a breathtaking image! Love this fantasy feel!!

Napalm and Rae... you guys (by that I mean gals) rock!!! Rae love how you're making your own snow leopard to make due until we create one for you.