• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Gorilla Renders!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I just watched my new Tarzan DVD again.... and then I had my beta tester confirm that my POSE to make the gorilla shape into a Great Ape shape works - and stays even when using any of the poses made for the gorilla... any interest in this as a freebie? Again it's a POSE file that locks in my idea of the look of the Great Apes of the Tarzan stories....
Gorilla default on the left, Great Ape on the right -

GorillaApe.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I used to play the games with my kids some of the time. It was how I first got into computer games...

D

Deleted member 325

I could use some tips on rendering the gorilla in Poser. Mine keep coming out with a red/brown tint to them, and in some lighting just start to look like Chocolate Monkeys. It's driving me mad. I can't seem to get the displacement too look right, or get the lighting to look right.

Me195

Extraordinary
I could use some tips on rendering the gorilla in Poser. Mine keep coming out with a red/brown tint to them, and in some lighting just start to look like Chocolate Monkeys. It's driving me mad. I can't seem to get the displacement too look right, or get the lighting to look right.

The red/brown tint sounds like it's being caused by the ambient color on the poser surface node. It's probably red. Change it to black and set the ambient value to 0. That would also make your displacement look weird. Also if you're using Superfly then the issue with the displacement problem might be caused by the fact that superfly does not have micropoly displacement yet, so you'll have to subdivide the model. I've had to change the freak 4 to subdivision level 3 to get certain vascularity maps to work right. As far as lighting goes I'm still learning that part myself, but you should yield better results once you set the ambient color to the fur black and set the ambient value to 0. Let me know how it turns out.

D

Deleted member 325

The red/brown tint sounds like it's being caused by the ambient color on the poser surface node. It's probably red. Change it to black and set the ambient value to 0. That would also make your displacement look weird.
Thank you so very much! This was the lion's share of the problem. I hadn't even noticed that Ambient was on (I generally only use it for Glowy things...never considered it for the Gorilla so never looked close enough). I have been changing and tweaking almost every other setting and somehow never even spotted this.

Me195

Extraordinary
Thank you so very much! This was the lion's share of the problem. I hadn't even noticed that Ambient was on (I generally only use it for Glowy things...never considered it for the Gorilla so never looked close enough). I have been changing and tweaking almost every other setting and somehow never even spotted this.

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help out.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Also make sure you have the latest update Kage, that was happening early on and I thought the settings were updated

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes they were Rae. I'm pretty sure Laurie (CWRW) redid the textures, as I was seeing the wrong skin color when I rendered him as well.