• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

unreal

Noteworthy
Actually, practice shoes don't. Toe shoes are indeed quite different. Littlefox did a lovely series of ballet gear for V4, both practice and performance-wear, back on RDNA. Didn't include toe shoes though. But very nice shoes like the ones that kids who take ballet, or dancers who are not going on point use.
True. And Littlefox's ballet gear is epic! I've ported it to LaFemme and Dawn (for my own use, of course). One version of "gym slippers" I made actually have a UV mapping that could take her textures; they hold up so well even in close. I've seen photo realistic renders with those shoes.

I model'd the slippers on a ballet slipper (non toe) but then the gym shoes are a bit different. The model was too low resolution to do the "sock fit" morph so I've gone back to add the resolution in the toe. I should also be able to morph a toe box.

I'm not sure how to model. ballet slippers I've seen have one continuous sole and gym shoes I've seen have 2 patches: ball and heel. Hmm. Maybe the area in between can morph up into shoe and leave 2 patches.

unreal

Noteworthy
Dawn's foot!

Untitled 20.jpg

Tweaked the geometry of the shoe to give better morph options. It's still relatively low polygon. UV mapped it so I could add a stitch bump map. Other than that, it's using just a single mat: satin from the supershaders. I added poly's about the toes and right where the ribbon connects, so I could sculpt a little interaction between the ribbon and body of the shoe, to give it more realism. I think I'm getting there with it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Looking good @unreal. Did you do the pose, or is that part of a pack of poses out there somewhere I haven't seen, and are they for Poser?

Oh, and I'm liking the exercise beam. It looks very realistic.

unreal

Noteworthy
Looking good @unreal. Did you do the pose, or is that part of a pack of poses out there somewhere I haven't seen, and are they for Poser?

Oh, and I'm liking the exercise beam. It looks very realistic.
Thank you ^.^

It's a set of gymnastic poses for V4 by roogna at rendo. For Poser. (Not sure on the policy for linking to products.)

Dawn, of course, takes V4 poses very well. Actually better since Dawn bends a lot better than V4. Not a single joint was changed in the pose. :)

The beam started as a crude thing that looked like "my first 3d project". Then I did an image search and found actual beams. The model is a hodge-podge of the beams I found. The dimensions (relative to a Poser figure) are to a "spec" for a real beam.

In a weird way, I find that playing with an "in my mind only" model and *then* go looking for reference images is more... enlightening?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks for the gym poses info, and no don't do live links to other stores here on the forum.

I think the beam looks pretty realistic, so you did a good job with the references. :)

unreal

Noteworthy
Untitled 31.jpg

More balance beam. Finally figured out how to make good edging on the leotard model and an easy to work with uvmap. Needed to completely redo the edge roll, which blew my previous uvmap all to pieces. But, it gave me a chance to learn some convenient UV add-ons in Blender. Which is kind of fun ^.^

Untitled 30.jpg

And it's still a relatively low poly model. Also has supporting mat zones to make morphing easier (needed for a smooth tight fit in these more extreme poses). I'm assuming everyone knows the narrow mat zone between two smooth zones trick. Wish I had know it a long time ago o_O

unreal

Noteworthy
A trifle, if you will. I was porting FK's Magic Sense outfit (Fabianahhhhh) to Dawn. No reason, I just wanted to see if I could. it looked so cute I had to toss a quick scene together and render something. This is the result.

I haven't done a fairy picture in... a decade, maybe? o_O

Had to search heaps o'runtimes for this stuff. But wow... I'm a bit stunned by what I've acquired over 2 decades of Posering! O.O

Untitled 7.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Fabiana has always done quality work. Still doing it, too.
I agree, though until La Femme appeared, she hadn't been doing much for Poser anymore. Hopefully Dawn 2, when she makes her debut, will inspire Fabi to do some more Poser versions of her products.

unreal

Noteworthy
I agree, though until La Femme appeared, she hadn't been doing much for Poser anymore. Hopefully Dawn 2, when she makes her debut, will inspire Fabi to do some more Poser versions of her products.
Yes. Yes yes yes yes! I hope so too! ^.^

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Let's hope so Miss B. I miss her on this side of the heart of our little cottage industry!

Last edited:

unreal

Noteworthy
I had shorts, boots, and top. It was natural to toss them all into a scene. Thus:
Untitled 4.jpg

Credits: bits and pieces of all sorts of stuff I rummaged from runtimes so large as to be embarrassing.

This is me, trying to keep myself distracted while waiting for Dawn 2. It's either this, coding, the gym, or the 2 page double column list of "things to do around the house". My list velocity is about 1 thing checked off every few days. But 1 thing new added every 2 days. You can see my problem. Not too long ago, is one 1 column on 1 page.

unreal

Noteworthy
I finally packaged and released this little character over at rendo (freebies). I think I did it right ^.^
It's been a while since I've done it. Not sure I remember how. I had to dust off PMDEdit, which meant updating wine (mac).

A stylised (essentially a very skinny Dawn) character. I dunno... sorta dolly, kinda fairy. Maybe.

It's always a relief to release something. Anything. Even something as simple as this. I can only imagine the relief the D2 team will feel. Any day now <taps foot, looks at watch, looks up (expectantly)>

Or is that just me? o_O

Anyway... back to Bladerunner. The 2049 one.
Erin for Dawn.png

Untitled 6.png

unreal

Noteworthy
I've done this one before, but this is the new Alexa morph, derived from the just released Erin freebie. Key thing about these later morphs was learning Blender's loop tools. Those help me clean up the rings after freehand sculpting. I find morphs that only move verts along a normal yield much better joint movements and clothing fits without much distortion and subsequent morph brushing ^.^

Untitled 8.jpg

unreal

Noteworthy
More Alexa. Almost ready to package up and post. More doll-like now (silly-big eyes). Had to adjust face so verts would move correctly when using facial expression morphs. This was sort of a random "where the runtime took me" composition. Essentially lazy (ahem) which means "things that would fit the figure with minimum effort". I don't have much Dawn stuff so I have to port V4 stuff. For all the crazy deep runtime I have for gen4, some of it's made of meshes that port a lot easier than others (generally later dated stuff - v4 lasted a looooong time). FK's meshes port with no fuss. Which is great because they're so pretty ^.^

Uhm... credits. Everyone will know the ballet costume. catarina hair. hair ribbons from red viper's platinum (prev post). alexa (coincidental) eye colour with asia medium skin texture. Ghostship's eyes, hair, and ezskin for shaders (maximal results with minimum effort... a theme here :D ). Key from Victorian Innocence (ticket girl expansion, I think). vbsupershader for the brass metal and satin on the ribbons. a real grab-bag.

Untitled 3.jpg