• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmmm, the only things I need to adjust some times are having Dawn's yTran raised a bit more, because Drop to Floor doesn't get all of the thick wedge on top of the ground/floor of my scene. Other than that, I usually lower, or turn off, the spec, as I find the Sphere Map usually creates too much gloss. I like the look of patent leather shoes, but sometimes those shoes wind up too shiny. I especially don't like it in a SuperFly render, because SuperFly doesn't need the added spec.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
When I apply morphs, like Body Type-8 here, the shoes won't stay with the feet. May be related to how the end-joints were setup when rigged. The straps also fit and deform poorly when feet is posed - but apparently Rendo QAV doesn't mind. Quite a few of Dawn products I've bought from Rendo wouldn't pass HW QAV. They want to make things for V4 that "also works with Dawn", like an afterthought, and perhaps that's why they didn't work so well. When I was a Rendo vendor, QAV used to be better than this.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, those shoes aren't a new product, even Dawn's set, so your Body Type products were't considered. I've never had a problem with poses, but then I haven't tried the Body Type products I have with those shoes, so I'll see if I have the same issue when I do.

Danie and Marforno are not slouches when it comes to their products, so I find it hard to believe they just "threw together" the V4 version for Dawn.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
With these particular shoes, the top straps only look good when the feet is posed to the right angles. They tend to deform badly in any other angle, and that's easy to fix, especially on shoes. It's like the weight maps were only tested for the regular feet pose. On my shoes, I test for way more than that - so I guess I end up expecting other vendors to do the same.

When it comes to rigging, I take in consideration both the joint origins and end points. In these particular shoes, the end points were ignored, which produces poor fitting results in body morphs that use animatable joints - like basically all of mine do.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, OK, that makes sense.

By top straps you mean those that go around the ankles? If so, then that's why I haven't seen much in the way of problems with poses. I usually "hide" them, even if the ladies are wearing slacks. Now I'm going to have to play with them to check this out.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yup, she wears sunglasses at night. Used "Body Type-5", rendered in Poser with Superfly.

BatBlonde_1024.jpg

Michele

Eager
So I did a little shopping in the current Feel the Love sale and used some of my new loot here:

Faces of Africa for DS texture set, Go Go Boots, Hands for Dawn and Dusk, and Perfect Pelvis. Though you can't see the last one on account of her wearing a skirt.

I bought some other things too, so I might be back with another "lookit all of my new stuff!!" render. :D

I've been on a retro kick lately.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
So I did a little shopping in the current Feel the Love sale and used some of my new loot here:
Faces of Africa for DS texture set, Go Go Boots, Hands for Dawn and Dusk, and Perfect Pelvis. Though you can't see the last one on account of her wearing a skirt.
I bought some other things too, so I might be back with another "lookit all of my new stuff!!" render. :D

Lovely render! Indeed, Perfect Pelvis will have no visible effect when wearing dresses. But it does on the render I did today! ^___^
Dawn with my "Body Type-8" and kit-bashing some of my custom outfits. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

SeaBreeze_1024.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise

Like the render. I also made a few purchases in the sale, most of what you have is already in my runtime and are well used but there was still enough for me to grab my credit card.

Michele

Eager
Thanks! I still have a lot of Dawn/Dusk/Luna products in my wishlist. I always want more than my budget will allow, so it takes a while to acquire stuff. But I'm working on it.

The Perfect Pelvis is a great utility add-on. Thanks for making it available to DAZ Studio too. Here it is on the dial morph I made last night for the Dawn character in the above render:

I have a couple of your Body Type morphs as well, and more in the wishlist. I just haven't gotten around to dialing up a character with them yet. This one uses only the Dawn body morph set.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Great renders Michele, and I too went on a shopping spree, and have a couple more I want to get before the sale's over.

BTW, if you don't already have it, consider getting Ken's Narrow Shoulders goodie as well. I've used it several times, and I like it a lot. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks! I still have a lot of Dawn/Dusk/Luna products in my wishlist. I always want more than my budget will allow, so it takes a while to acquire stuff. But I'm working on it.

The Perfect Pelvis is a great utility add-on. Thanks for making it available to DAZ Studio too. Here it is on the dial morph I made last night for the Dawn character in the above render:

I have a couple of your Body Type morphs as well, and more in the wishlist. I just haven't gotten around to dialing up a character with them yet. This one uses only the Dawn body morph set.

I think you will find that wish lists much bigger than your budget is almost the norm in 3D art circles, it has been for me for all the years I have been playing. On the other hand it drives you on to better things as you acquire more and then see what is possible with the acquired products. Once again I think this is a great render.

Hornet3d

Wise
Great renders Michele, and I too went on a shopping spree, and have a couple more I want to get before the sale's over.

BTW, if you don't already have it, consider getting Ken's Narrow Shoulders goodie as well. I've used it several times, and I like it a lot. ;)

I would second that, I purchased Narrow Shoulders almost on the day of release and it is incorporated with my main Dawn based character. As I gain more characters I also add narrow shoulders and then play with the settings to get the look I think best suits the new character.

Michele

Eager
I bought the Narrow Shoulders utility not long after it was released. Love it!

I did a little more shopping, so another render featuring newly acquired goodies, namely Willow, Comfy Ballerina Flats, Body Type-5 (just a little added to Willow), and the dirty texture option from Janet, which I bought the other day. Janet's morphs don't work in DAZ Studio, but the textures do. Also used Heroine Hair -- it fit nicely under the acorn cap helmet. :)

Grrrr!!

Render run through Topaz Lab's Clean filter, 50% layered over the original render.

Gisela

Eager
Lovely renders.
This is a simple render I made with Dawn:
Dawn SE. Drees is Dawn Dress by Halcione. Texture are Fever Dawn Dress by Kaleya. Hair is Dawn Hair Files (Kyra) by Fabiana. Pd-Tri-Knot Earrings V4-Dawn-Genesis2 by parrotdolphin .