• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Geek Dragon Girl! :D This is DawnSE with Acasia outfit. Wings, tail and Body Type-13 by me. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

GeekDragonGirl_1200.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks, I like that you knew that was what it was...I didn't do the fur shader it's one I bought for iray. Be interesting to see what strand hair looks like.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, I like that you knew that was what it was...I didn't do the fur shader it's one I bought for iray. Be interesting to see what strand hair looks like.

I used to make Christmas garlands like this in Firefly, but still absent in Superfly. I wonder if CyclesX will have it in unimesh Poser. I hope so.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'll consider it final release version when they have unimesh done. It's definitely a lot closer, that's for sure. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
They have closed up P12 development and moved on to unimesh Poser. So P12 will be the first version to go straight from early access to final version. Personally, I don't think they could make unimesh an update for P12 because it's a whole different code base from ground up. That was also why it was not worth investing time on fixing some issues, because they would have to redo them in unimesh Poser anyway, or in some cases, they would no longer be an issue once unimesh is in place.

I totally agree that they should close P12 as it is, and get into unimesh Poser, because it will take time, and patience is running thin. It was important that they have spent the time to fix all these issues with P12, so we have a more usable version until unimesh Poser comes up. Unimesh will open a lot of doors that have been closed to Poser until now. If they keep working on P12, it will never happen (not enough programmers). So AFAIK, unimesh Poser development has finally started. There was a lot of planning until now because this will significantly change how Poser works inside.

I had originally predicted unimesh Poser would be out this year, but I forgot they were still working in P12, and that a change of this magnitude would require substantial planning before they start doing it. Being a software developer myself, I know how important the planning phase is. So for now, it's P11 and 12.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That would make sense. Unimesh Poser development would have to be in a separate and independent pipeline, since once the core is changed, everything else will instantly stop working. They can't release a partial unimesh version until all these other parts start working again. So it's not just about Poser supporting unimesh internally, but also how to make everything else work with it. There is a good chance nearly everything will have to be redone, which might be a GOOD thing, since the code is decades old, and could benefit from a modern approach. From that alone, Poser could respond many times faster. I believe this could be the very first time when the Poser code is being modernized.

So yes, I believe it will be Poser 13. Even Larry Weinberg told me back in 2016 that this couldn't be just a patch - it would require a new version. Imagine the possibilities if they rewrite Poser from scratch. I am optimistic about it, BUT... the first version would likely be buggy.