• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Me195

Extraordinary
When the Rider Action Outfit dropped into store it went straight into my wishlist and, to be honest, the only reason it did not go straight to my shopping basket was I personally had limited use for it thanks to the mainly red material options. Not a criticism of the vendor just a personal dislike of red on my part. I kept going back though because the number of quality outfits of this type is pretty rare for Dawn, there were also 4 different outfit styles which gave flexibility and really it is a no brainer at the sale price. The corset part being separate also opens up a number of mix and match possibilities.

So yesterday it fell into my basket and this afternoon I had time to play. It is early days yet and there is so much I want to do with this suit but I can already see I am going to get a lot of renders out of my latest purchase.

View attachment 27369

Nice render. I'm definitely going to pick that one up especially after seeing it in your render.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hmmmmm, don't like Red huh? I'm not sure we'd get along in real life Hornet, as Red is my favorite color. :D

That is not necessarily the case as in real life the car I drive is a Honda and the official name for the colour is passion red. My other hobby is running miniature steam engines and my clear favorite engine is a maroon red. As is often the case with me, my likes and dislikes are not very clear cut. I don't hate red I just don't seem to use it in my renders very often. Perhaps I am just not skilled enough portray what I want using red and the dominate colour.

Hornet3d

Wise
Nice render. I'm definitely going to pick that one up especially after seeing it in your render.

That is one of the reasons I post some of my kit bashing, sort of saying 'this is what I have been able to do with my limited skills'. I often see one of complaints against Dawn is there is limited clothing and there is certainly not anywhere the number of outfits as there is for V4 but then you can say that about any figure.

When something like the Rider Action Outfit is available there is the opportunity add to the variation of Dawn's wardrobe. For a start the outfit is in four parts, the suit, corset, headset and helmet and each has four options so there a lot of potential already. Now considering each of the parts could be used with another outfit the options really begin to open up. I already have a corset for Dawn which is very different to this so by using this and tweaking the materials to make them look like they are the same outfit the number of outfits grows.

The examples I posted took me about two hours, so less than an hour each and I have ideas about other changes, I can think of about 20 outfits already that may or may not work.

Hope you are not disappointed if you do buy it, I seriously doubt you will be and I would love to see what you do with the product.

Great render by the way.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Discovering nature
Diva for Dawn with Maraki texture and Ken´s Nature wonders moths
Daz Iray render

quietrob

Extraordinary
This was just a test... leave it to me to post work a test render! LOL! I'm creating several Dawn's for my HUGE Molar Island scene I'm working on! :)
View attachment 21781
don't ask me what morph I used on Dawn... kept changing and she's sort of 'my' Elven character now... but with either Soraka or Face of Asia skin.. I forget which of that too.. (time to open P3do!) Anyway, thanks for the violin freebie in the store.... I did adjust the pose for it...combined it with IDG's sitting cross-legged pose... OH and before you ask, that is Murielle (spell?) hair for V4. :) and of course Lully's dress... and Maiden texture on it....
I love the wrinkles in this pose. It's the hardest thing to do properly and is often missing in this pieces of yesteryear. Excellent arm and finger pose. The finger pose is attention to detail which means you care. Very Nice!

Hornet3d

Wise
Well after a lot of help from people here I finally manged to get back into a more Positive mood and actually opened Poser. It is tentative steps but at least I am I have done a render.

As a lot of you will know I love playing with textures and doing a bit of mix and match. This is my take on a modern look for the Woodland Outfit for Dawn from NGArtplay.

Woodland Alt HW.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW, talk about attitude. Looking good Hornet, and I too like the new texturing. ;)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Fantastic Renders guys!!

@Ken1171 like that style!, Hornet that outfit with the short boots is totally rocking! Mininesse love the Diva image with the Maraki texture and the Evening Star bride image and textures! Lovely portrait Me195

The Undisputed Jr. Champs
The Undisputed Jr, Division ChampsII.jpg

Products Used:
Dawn SE, Diva for Dawn SE, Jungle Kids for Dawn SE and Diva with Dawn's skin mats, Thumbs up Pose is from Express your Dawn Poses by Ilona, Bathing Suits are from Dazzling Denim for Dawn, CeCe Veil Hair Diva, Basic Hair Daio, Dawn SE's Heroine Hair little sis Danica baby Luna, M4 Basic Wear Boxers Shorts, Yamaki Victory Lane Props Custom Textures on the Crowd Control Fence

Last edited: