• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Share your Sora for Dawn renders here.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Those are just Gorgeous!! I love how he does the flowing twisting cloth and the muted color pallets and a rather unique composition to the pieces!! Thanks for the heads up on those!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Great link Rob, thanks. I found 3 of the ones I have there, all of which are Posters, namely Waverly Cycles, Salon des Cent 20th Exhibit, and Bières de la Meuse, which is my favorite. IIRC, I got the Waverly Cycles in a museum gift shop, because it's mounted on a block of wood. I've been living here since 1981, and I got them within a year or two of moving here, so I've had them a long time. I have a couple of others, but don't recall the names at the minute.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is Dawn + Sora + CatsEyes + my Stylized body + Tenacity outfit, rendered in Poser with Superfly. I didn't know this, but EZDome can be made invisible in renders, so I can add my own backdrops. Now I can [almost] do everything I do in Octane HDRI rendering in Superfly, except for shadow catcher. ^^

PinkAndBlue_1200.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Playing around with Zan and Taji mats and Sora.
Little Surfer Girl - Waiting on the Next Set
Island Girl28351000 copy.jpg

Products Used: Sora for Dawn, CWRW Taji dirty mats from Jungle Kids, Easter Island Totem, Ron Deviney waves brushes, Lisa's Botanicals palm trees,Lisa's Botanicals Asiatic Lily, Jungle Heat for Lisa's Botanicals Asiatic Lily, Dusk's Loin Cloth re-textured to match Dawn's Bikni top textures, Hot Chili Hair, BG image from Creative Market
Island Girl - Finding the Perfect Shell
Island Girl2831000 copy.jpg

Me195

Extraordinary
This is Dawn + Sora + CatsEyes + my Stylized body + Tenacity outfit, rendered in Poser with Superfly. I didn't know this, but EZDome can be made invisible in renders, so I can add my own backdrops. Now I can [almost] do everything I do in Octane HDRI rendering in Superfly, except for shadow catcher. ^^

View attachment 23370

I love the elements of realism mixed with with the toonish styling. It's very unique and enjoyable. I looked at EZDome for about 0.4 seconds and couldn't figure it out so next time will look at it longer. I would love to see shadow catcher and micropoly displacement in superfly.

Playing around with Zan and Taji mats and Sora.
Little Surfer Girl - Waiting on the Next Set
View attachment 23416
Products Used: Sora for Dawn, CWRW Taji dirty mats from Jungle Kids, Easter Island Totem, Ron Deviney waves brushes, Lisa's Botanicals palm trees,Lisa's Botanicals Asiatic Lily, Jungle Heat for Lisa's Botanicals Asiatic Lily, Dusk's Loin Cloth re-textured to match Dawn's Bikni top textures, Hot Chili Hair, BG image from Creative Market
Island Girl - Finding the Perfect Shell
View attachment 23417

Wow, that's a lot of pretty for one render. Pretty sky, pretty trees, pretty flowers, pretty Easter Island head thingy, not to mention the pretty girl. That is a great character design for Dawn.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Me195 Thanks! I have tried HDRI rendering with Superfly using the provided Poser 11 props, but EZDome has automated the controls and provides a library of HDRI images to play with. I still haven't figured out the inner and outer layers, like what are they for. But everything else makes sense and is easy to use. ^__^

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Ah, yes, Mucha. One of my favorites, as well. Great graphics sense. I did one one my early Publication projects in Art Nouveau style, with the source materials heavily drawn from Mucha's designs (from Dover source books mostly.) a few other artists as well, but mostly Mucha. It was some years before I wandered into the Poserverse. So everything is Photoshop.

Red Hen Publications — Publications: The Prefext’s Portrait

Me195

Extraordinary
@Me195 Thanks! I have tried HDRI rendering with Superfly using the provided Poser 11 props, but EZDome has automated the controls and provides a library of HDRI images to play with. I still haven't figured out the inner and outer layers, like what are they for. But everything else makes sense and is easy to use. ^__^

You're welcome. The provided props with Poser 11 never really worked for me with HDRI. I got some good results with HDRI using the cycles environmental node attached to the background node after I removed the construct, but there are some strange limitations on the image file size that are wonky. I agree EZDome is much easier to use. I got a much better render than I have ever done the first time I used it (yesterday). The inner layer is for making adjustments to the image you see in the background, and the outer layer is to for making adjustments to the light provided by the dome. So if you had a cityscape HDRI image as the background and you wanted to make it Matrix like. You could add a little green to the inner layer to make the city have that slight green tint and little green to the outer layer so the lights will match the picture. The sun can also be adjusted individually in the exposure tab. I've been scared to mess with the exposure tab thus far, but like a caveman seeing fire for the first time I will come around eventually. I owe you guys a big thanks because if I didn't see all the awesome renders done here with EZDome I wouldn't have tried it.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Ah, yes, Mucha. One of my favorites, as well. Great graphics sense. I did one one my early Publication projects in Art Nouveau style, with the source materials heavily drawn from Mucha's designs (from Dover source books mostly.) a few other artists as well, but mostly Mucha. It was some years before I wandered into the Poserverse. So everything is Photoshop.

Red Hen Publications — Publications: The Prefext’s Portrait
Thanks a nice image and I think I know the one you sort of drew from.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Me195 Ooh, so the inner sphere is for backgrounds, and the outer is for lighting? I was using the inner one for both! Since one sphere is inside the other, I thought the inner one would block the light from the other, which is what would happen in Octane. Unless we could use that "cast shadow" checkbox from the prop properties, but I was told that would be impossible, because nothing could be excluded from the scene lighting when rendering with PBR. In theory, the inner sphere should completely block the light from the outer one. I have to do some testing and check this.

Octane resolves this by offering a separate input for lighting and backgrounds, so one doesn't affect the other. Octane ALWAYS has a sphere around the scene, even if we don't see or use it. It's built into it, and we can manipulate it through the environment materials. Having a sphere to contain the scene speeds up the renders because it gives casted rays something to bounce at, and material surfaces something to reflect. People found it funny when I mentioned that I added a sphere to cast IBL lights in Octane, and the whole scene went black. It's already built in - we don't have to add anything.

Conversely, Cycles/Superfly doesn't have this, and rendering takes way longer than it should. I am always adding the EZDome spheres now, even if just to speed it up.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@phdubrov Thanks for the info! I've suspected that. In my last render I realized I could still get HDRI light from EZDome even if it's not visible by the camera. I prefer it that way in some renders, since Cycles doesn't support shadow caster yet. :)