• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't have any examples but its usually if the neck has a twist and bend the mane sometimes doesn't want to behave :p

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Harry (the Beast) with Roan textures and Dusk, rendered in P11 Superfly.
HarryBeast.jpg

luannemarie

Busy Bee
Thanks Pendraia. Its Warrior Wet Hair for genesis 3 male over at Daz, one of their new releases. Real versatile with lots and lots of morphs and colors.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Luanne, I thought it might be one of the genesis 3 ones...it looks really good. They've had some really good releases for the male figure recently.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah, some of the later tech seems to be trickling down into the hair models finally. Hair rigging does seem to be getting to a promising state.
A tremendous lot of the older models look really great -- but you can't actually *pose* them.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well in all fairness about hair, in this day and age folks use so much product in their hair (I should know) that all these demands or desires to have medium short hair doing stuff that long hair does is a bit strange to me. I understand needing to rig ponytails and longer hair bits but for shorter hair, bang morphs to move them and lengthen them a puff option here and there for around the crown of the head and fullness on the sides is really kind of the norm for what medium short or short hair can do, esp with product and hair spray on it. As I slowly move towards doing my own hair products I'm observing and listening but from a professional hairdresser of 35 years + point of view.

luannemarie

Busy Bee
I personally, when doing my pics, like a more "messy" look. I think it looks a bit more natural and make the pic looke more like a candid shot rather than posed.