• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Share Your 3D Artwork In The HiveWire 3D Galleries

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
FL - up the top under the HW logo where there is Home/Forum/Media etc, go to Media and where it says albums you can create one there :)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I guess I'm not sure how this all works, there seems to be galleries everywhere! If I create my own album, will it be seen anywhere? If I post a picture in a thread, will it also go in an album? Do you have to post it to each individual thread to get it to places? I'm new, and trying to participate, but there's lots here that is hard to understand sometimes, and certainly hard to find! Like the Harry thread, I have to go back into another thread, find the link and then go there..(I know I should bookmark it! lol), So, maybe I'm just not seeing the right places? Or going to the right places. And if it's a HiveWire render, does everything have to be HiveWire in the render? Thanks for you answers!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, the galleries themselves are seen if you click on the Media tab and choose a gallery to view.

As far as having an image both in your gallery AND in a forum thread, your best bet would be to upload it to your gallery, and then link to the gallery in the thread. That way the same image is being used twice, instead of having to upload it to two different locations.

As far as threads with HiveWire products, such as Harry, you'll find all the appropriate threads for each of the products in the "It's About the Art" forum.

As far as your render only having HiveWire products, no I don't think it's necessary, I just think the main focus be the HiveWire product you used to create the render, such as Dawn, Dusk, Luna or Harry. If you scroll down the It's About the Art forum, there's a thread called "I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread", where you can post renders of any 3D character you purchased anywhere elsewhere, such as V4, M4, Genesis 1, 2 or 3, etc.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Dakorillon, it can be confusing at times. Let's see if I can remember the answers. Sorry just waking up over here.

If you create your own albums you can adjust the settings from memory. Yep...just checked. I have mine set so members can view the images and I can upload but you can set up albums that others can upload to as well.

If you want to post an image to a thread you need to choose the image button and insert the url. I did think that there was a way to choose from your albums but can't find it. So I'm not sure if that has changed since the forum was set up. I must admit I normally upload the file from the computer. I haven't added anything to my albums since we were beta testing the forum. Hopefully if there is a way that I'm missing someone will join in...

If you set it up so that you get alerts to threads that you're posting in you can get either an email or just use the alert box up the top to check on new posts. I personally just use the alert box. If you don't want to do that you will find that all the render threads are in the 'It's about art' section and the main threads for Harry, Dawn and Dusk are all stickies so they are easy to find.

You can also at the top of a thread choose to watch it. This will also give an alert if you have the alerts set up to do so in your account section.

Everything doesn't need to be Hivewire in a render that you put up in fact there is a thread called I just want to post and image for things that don't qualify for other threads. You'll see a variety of models in that thread from V4 or earlier right through to Genesis 3. The only criteria for images is the ones posted here and here and of course the TOS.

Hope this helps...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Waves at Miss B...you must have posted about the same time I did. Do you know a way to choose the media from your gallery? I thought that when we were beta testing we could select directly from the gallery?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
you both posted just as I was :)

Pen, if you upload a pic to your album, when you want to add it to a thread you just need to click the button that looks like a camera and it will bring up your images. That way you only upload once but can put it in multiple threads :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Waves at Miss B...you must have posted about the same time I did. Do you know a way to choose the media from your gallery? I thought that when we were beta testing we could select directly from the gallery?
~Waves back at Pen~ You just wrote more than I did, so it took a couple of minutes longer to get your response posted. :)

AHA! Rae to the rescue. I've only got maybe 3 images in my album, so I've never tried posting there, and then linking to the render in a thread. Thanks for that detail Rae. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Me too Miss B...I only uploaded during the Beta. I really need to rectify that and see if I can change the permissions on my Diva album so that others can upload also.
you both posted just as I was :)

Pen, if you upload a pic to your album, when you want to add it to a thread you just need to click the button that looks like a camera and it will bring up your images. That way you only upload once but can put it in multiple threads :)
thanks Rae...I knew there was some way to do it...just couldn't remember how. It's too early and I'm still drinking my coffee to wake up.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thank you so much for the info! I will set about doing that. I'm just starting to collect HiveWire content, so I don't have a lot, yet! But, look forward to building on it. First thing....a profile pic! Have a great day!

quietrob

Extraordinary
A couple of my non-HW renders

(Thumbnail size, click to view larger)

View attachment 1817 View attachment 1819 View attachment 1820 View attachment 1821

As much as I love Ororo, I have a special love for Vampirella! Formerly of Warren Comics. As a boy I wanted to draw for the company that has my name, plus the comics were more adult and that appealed to hormone filled teenage boy. All you really need is a cover Template and you could pass that for an "undiscovered" Vampirella cover!

naptime.jpg

Dog, cat and a couple of birds (Bewicks Wren) from the original Songbird Remix. The iPad is from Sam3D.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK Dani, I moved that other render to the proper thread in the It's About The Art forum. I can also move this new one you posted, but I'm not sure which thread you'd like it posted in. You mention the Songbird Remix birds, but you also have a dog and cat in the render, and was wondering if those are the HW Dog and HW House Cat. We have separate threads for each of those, so let me know which one you'd like me to move this render to.

The It's About The Art forum is where you should look to post any further renders, and I do hope you keeping posting, because your renders are top notch. ;)

Yes, it is both the HW dog and cat and the songbirds but they are just the background to the beautiful garden patio set from RPublishing. I'm confused now about what goes where...so I'm going back to lurking. If I can't figure out which forum to post to I think I'm probably too old to be posting. LOL Thank you so much for your help.