• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do
Sci Fi Clothing For Dawn

Sci Fi Clothing For Dawn 2016-02-21

No permission to download

Rokket

Dances with Bees
That looks really nice!

You get poke through? I guess it's different in DS. IN Poser you can set the collision offset and depth. The whole reason I use dynamics is because of poke through. Hmmm.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I thought it was because I needed to up the thickness, that's why I want to do it on the boat computer, where I have the full plugin. I'll do that anyway cos that's how I've managed to use a couple of other dynamic items that tore.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
This just blows my mind. I've had dynamics fall apart before, but it was because they were poorly modeled. I guess the dynamics in DS are different. I should download it so I can learn it and be able to create stuff for DS as well.

So that plan is in play in 3 weeks when we get back in port and I can access WIFI again....

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I'd like to see a couple renders in brighter colors. Some pinks, blues, greens.... I know the original outfit is all earth tones, but I bet these clothes would look good in other colors.

I am going to play with it later. Right now it's almost 9:30pm and I better get to bed...

RedPhantom

You can get poke through with poser dynamics but it's rare. Usually it's either the collisions are too close or the mesh isn't high poly enough for a very small item. Like the cloth plane enlarged enough to be a blanket and then draped over fingers.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I've noticed that poke through fingers is very common, and has been since I started with Poser 8. But these items I made are not that low poly. I made them pretty heavy in that regard specifically for dynamic simulations.

I hope you solve the issue. I know you will when you get home!!! :D

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am thinking I will start a Lady Dead Pool outfit today. I saw a time lapse video of a girl doing body paint on herself as Lady Dead Pool and I liked how the costume looked.

Thoughts?

Lorraine

And...I have no idea what you are talking about there, Rokket, is that from the movie Deadpool? Was supposed to go and see it Monday night but it got cancelled.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
She's not in the movie, she is in the comics. But it's along those lines. It's just thinking out loud really. I don't know if anyone would want it. I will try to find a picture of her and post it.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That looks really nice!

You get poke through? I guess it's different in DS. IN Poser you can set the collision offset and depth. The whole reason I use dynamics is because of poke through. Hmmm.
In DS you can add a smoothing modifier which adds more collision options. Also you can use a push modifier which moves the outfit away from the body. The default setting is way too high and I always start it off at around .o1 and build up from their.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am definitely going to download the latest and greatest version of DS and see what I can do with it.

I will also see about getting that dynamic cloth plug in.

Lorraine

That will be an interesting time you'll have, Rokket! And your pals here will be right behind you if you need any help :)

Lorraine

In DS you can add a smoothing modifier which adds more collision options. Also you can use a push modifier which moves the outfit away from the body. The default setting is way too high and I always start it off at around .o1 and build up from their.

That I haven't come across yet. Smoothing modifier, yes, push modifier, no. Where will I find it, Pen?

Rokket

Dances with Bees
That will be an interesting time you'll have, Rokket! And your pals here will be right behind you if you need any help :)
I tried to use DS a few versions back and couldn't get much done due to the big differences in the UI compared to Poser. But I have a lot more patience for such things now, so I won't give it up and uninstall it like I did last time.

That I haven't come across yet. Smoothing modifier, yes, push modifier, no. Where will I find it, Pen?
I will need to know how to do those things too. I think I am going to have to download the DS version of Dawn SE also, so I can truly start creating content for her.

Lorraine

Yes, you will need the DS version if you want to load her into DS. The Poser version doesn't work but you prob knew that already ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...not actually in DS at the moment so this is strictly from memory.

You will find Push modifiers in the same place as a smoothing modifier via the scene tab. Under edit...

In the parameter's tab iirc it comes up as a mesh offset...initially it will make the outfit look like it has been blown up. In my opinion the default setting is way too high but I dial it back to .01 and work in increments from their until it looks right. I've used it a few times with conforming clothing also...especially where you get just the nipple showing sometimes and collision doesn't seem to fix it.