• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Satira Capriccio Products at HiveWire 3D

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Originally, I'd intended the clogs as smart props, but I wanted to be able to use poses where the toes are bent and the clogs would follow the bend rather than hiding the toes. As smart props, the back of the clogs couldn't handle some of the bent foot poses. So, conforming clogs it was!
Oh well okay.
But I have also been using an older set of Poser clogs more open in back than these . Mine look more like the wood sole clogs I used in school and they are just props. The toes do not need to bend and they parent to the feet or what I do is parent them to the toes so I can lift the foot up a but when posing for walking positions but I guess being open in the heel would take care of that better.
Just a thought!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Hi Carmen,

If you're asking if using Diva you can create teen characters for Dawn dial spinning the answer is yes.
Here are some images I did using Dawn with Diva at 50 percent. I can't remember if I dialed in some additional breast using Dawn's morphs but it is possible. Dialing larger is okay...dialing smaller tends to cause issues. No reason that you couldn't use Aine with Diva at 50% also.

View attachment 15191

View attachment 15192
View attachment 15193
View attachment 15194

Oh hey dear!
Thanks for the pics. explains better to me what is possible. Gotta track down my Dawn and Luna purchases and install them.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks Carmen. I usually don't go for freckles either, but I like them on her. For some reason kids with freckles are cute. It's the adults with freckles I'm not that big a fan of.

As for the ears, I don't usually do elf ear morphs at 100%, but I don't recall off-hand whether Satira's morph for Aine was that large and pointy as some I've seen on other products.

Zaarin

Brilliant
It's the adults with freckles I'm not that big a fan of.
I'm weird. There are a number of "not usually considered attractive" features that I find extremely attractive: freckles, small diastema (gap between the two front teeth), small buckteeth, sharp incisors...Actually, in general I find "perfect" teeth off-putting. :eek:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just a quick render of Diva and Aine at 50% in DS I stopped it before it finished rendering.
aine and diva 50%.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, that looks like a nice combination Pen. I'm going to have to try that out myself. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually, in general I find "perfect" teeth off-putting. :eek:
Funny you should mention that. I like nicely "formed" teeth, but the one thing that puts me off completely, is perfectly "white" teeth. Every time I see the commercial for whitening strips or toothpaste, I have to look the other way. I don't know ANYONE who has such naturally white (bright) teeth. ~sheesh~

Zaarin

Brilliant
Funny you should mention that. I like nicely "formed" teeth, but the one thing that puts me off completely, is perfectly "white" teeth. Every time I see the commercial for whitening strips or toothpaste, I have to look the other way. I don't know ANYONE who has such naturally white (bright) teeth. ~sheesh~
Too white teeth and too straight teeth just look unnatural...
Yep, especially when you're watching a movie and the actor very obviously has veneers or whatever they're called...and are playing a homeless person or someone else who should not have expensive dental accessories... :rolleyes:

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Or was the homeless recipient of some misguided well-off person's attempt at helping the homeless. Getting their teeth fixed, to the extreme.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Like ... dentures!

LOL... speaking of... (as I prepare for my oral sugery... shudder.... to have all my teeth taken out) NOT sure really where the conversation has wandered off to, I just keep checking your thread for news/pictures of your upcoming products!! I SO need wonderful inspiring distractions for my art right now! :)

PS but actually thought of asking my dentist that will make my dentures to make them look 'older, more yellow'! LOL!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Wellll, I don't know if I would pick "yellow" as a descriptive color. How about a light ivory, as it's not white, but I think would look more natural than yellow. Yellow teeth remind me of heavy smokers and coffee drinkers. Nicotine and caffeine are known to stain teeth.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Wellll, I don't know if I would pick "yellow" as a descriptive color. How about a light ivory, as it's not white, but I think would look more natural than yellow. Yellow teeth remind me of heavy smokers and coffee drinkers. Nicotine and caffeine are known to stain teeth.

oh well I meant that... not a true yellow... but yes... ask for 'not bright white'.... and ivory would be a nicer way to be clear ... who knows if they can color those teeth...

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't see why not. They color caps/crowns to match the teeth next to them. My old dentist had sample colors he used to choose from when he was sending an impression to the company that made his caps/crowns, so they'd know what to match them to.