• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Runtime DNA merges with DAZ 3D

quietrob

Extraordinary
I never attempted to log into the XCart page since I'd never registered with XCart. Consequently, I wasn't sure if it was legitimate or bogus.

But ... after Miss B logged in, I then attempted to login. Though it apparently had the wrong password, so I ended up having my account suspended. Once it was reinstated, I logged in with the correct password and was able to complete my free order.

In these days of compromised sites every time you blink, it seems a bit irresponsible to have a page that looks so bogus.

But ... I'm just a flighty customer, you know :wink:
I have to agree. It DOES look like those old scam sites from olden days. But at the very least you have access to their freebies. I guess we can list this problem as solved!

Kerya

Brilliant
XCart was/is the Runtimedna Cart software. Like Magento for here/Daz.
I am nowadays getting a login to the "Admin area" when logging in from the storefront there - makes me grin.
But it works just fine.

As for downloading everything from your RDNA downloads - there is a freeware:
Content Downloader for RDNA

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm currently using it to download a page or three a night, it's nice because I can start it and ignore it and not worry that I'm not keeping up with the downloads.

quietrob

Extraordinary
One can not have enough backups of installed content. I've been convinced and will try out the downloader tonight.

I am really annoyed. Windows 10 updated itself and reset all my saved passwords and settings and even erased serial numbers for some of my installed programs. So, I tried to go to Runtime DNA and download some files that I wanted to use. My userID and password are not saved. OK, I remember my userid but apparently not my password. It locks me out after three tries. *sigh* So I say ok, and I try to reset my password. It sends me a link and I type in a new password but no matter what I type in I cannot reset because there is only one field to enter a password and it keeps on telling me my passwords do not match... There is nowhere to enter a confirming password. Anyone else had this issue? I sent an ticket for help but who knows if they are still looking at them since most everything is transferred to DAZ. :confused:

Ha! Windows 10 thought of system restore, it deleted ALL my restore points and says I have ZERO updates installed so I cannot roll back the update even.

Hornet3d

Wise
Ha! Windows 10 thought of system restore, it deleted ALL my restore points and says I have ZERO updates installed so I cannot roll back the update even.

Now I am not saying this out of personal experience as I have so far avoided Win 10 but apparently the latest update is actually handled as an upgrade. This means there should be a 'windows.old' folder to allow you to revert. If you have already lost lots it might be worth a try..........assuming what I have heard is correct.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have upgraded to Win10 from the first beta version, and there was always a Windows.old folder to restore to. This is not something new. Remember Windows.old is not a restore point, but instead a separate method to go back to the previous Windows version. Check your C drive, and if you see this folder, you can go back to your previous Windows version. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
I have upgraded to Win10 from the first beta version, and there was always a Windows.old folder to restore to. This is not something new. Remember Windows.old is not a restore point, but instead a separate method to go back to the previous Windows version. Check your C drive, and if you see this folder, you can go back to your previous Windows version. :)

Agreed, windows.old is far from new when upgrading. The point this time is that the latest Windows 10 update creates an old file as though it were an upgrade, or so the theory goes on some of the tech blogs. Irrespective of this it is certainly not a restore point as you state.

From another point of view, if users do not need the windows.old folder they might want to delete it as it does take a sizable chunk of hard drive space.

I have an Windows Old folder on my HD that appeared when I did the most recent update. Prior to that there was never a Windows Old folder as I did a clean install from a thumb drive. I don't really see how to use it the windows old folder though. I know I can do the recovery option through the windows 10 settings menu, but when I select go back to an earlier build it doesn't tell me what build I am going back to so I was kind of scared to use it.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Even though I know what the Windows.old folder is for, I never had reasons to go back to a previous Windows version, so I don't know how to use it. However, I know that you don't use it directly, but instead you use some Windows feature to restore your PC to a previous Windows version. More recently I have read that Windows will DELETE this folder is not used after some time, not sure how long. Like Hornet3D said, that takes a chunk of disk space and it's a waste unless it gets used for what it was intended for. Microsoft understands that if a person hasn't rolled back after some time, the folder will never be used, and they get it removed. I think that makes sense.

On my Win10 tablet, though, the Windows.old was never deleted after a year, and I had to do it manually. We cannot delete it directly because it's a system protected asset, but there is a Disk Clean-up utility that removes it if needed.

You can check in the following link how to restore back to whatever Windows version is contained in Windows.old: --> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/933168

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Be warned however, that you may not find your missing passwords and usernames there if you go back to the older version. They expect you to have your passwords written down or stored somewhere safe.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Okay, Another way. You said you wished to get some files from RDNA. Assuming you don't have them backed up on some thumb drive or external drive, if you know what the product is, it just might be available at DAZ. They kept some files and didn't others. For instance, they kept my terra firma files but not Terra Dome 2 which the files are based on. It's pure hit and miss.