• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Runtime DNA merges with DAZ 3D

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I can't say I'm surprised at this. I predicted it just about exactly a year ago in a private email to a friend. I'm surprised RDNA lasted this long.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Thank you. Great idea. I've been reading some of what's being said there also.

I wanted to let the vendors and buyers know that HiveWire are here and that the support for poser is still strong!

jan19

Enthusiast
Surprise, surprise -- I was not expecting that announcement. Will HW be the official Poser forum, now?

This is a repeat of what I said at DNA, but -- I surely hope Poser and DS will continue to be owned by separate companies.

frogimus

Adventurous
Welcome, @jan19

We can only hope that Chuck was correct with what he told Chris about Poser being strong. I imagine, if Daz ever got ahold of it, they'd suffocate it like all the other software they've acquired.

There are a lot of Poser users that will never buy from Daz. Hopefully, this means a lot of Poser CC's will never sell via Daz either and will boost the sites like HW.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I can't say I'm surprised at this. I predicted it just about exactly a year ago in a private email to a friend. I'm surprised RDNA lasted this long.

I gotta say that I'm not TOTALLY surprised either after a call I had with Syyd last spring. Soon after, they started supporting more Studio content on their site.

jan19

Enthusiast
Thanks, frogimus and sanbie. :) Nice to see you.

To stay On T -- again, one whale of a surprise for me. Why do I never see these things coming?

frogimus

Adventurous
Any chance of this becoming the new home for Poser's official forums? Or would that be too much chaos in this peaceful hive?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hey, Jan - welcome back!

Wow...Color me shocked....Despite seeing more and more DAZ Studio products at RDNA.

I hope we'll get to welcome a whole lot of new products, forum members here, and CAs for both Poser and DS!

McGyver

Energetic
Damn... It was foretold in the ancient inscriptions on that hippopotamus statue I bought from the one armed man at the flea market, yet I refused to believe it... it took me twelve years to decipher and it was only last night after dinner that if finished... But this is one of the fourteen signs of the apoopalypse... Well, I'm making sure my locust insurance is paid up...
I think despite the upbeat tone of the announcement, I feel bad for them.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I think it's been in the works for a few months. As I tend to log in frequently there, they have been offering more and more Daz items and even set up a Daz section, but then again Rendo is still plugging both. Hey, I like being able to work both programs! Even though it can totally be a headache at times. BTW: Hey Jan!! Good to see you again!!

Last edited:

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Color me very sad. I know I said it before but it really is sad.

Apparently DAZ is saying that they will keep RDNA's current Poser content (the older and newer stuff) and will accept their newer stuff going forward. Buuut... I hope they keep to this, as it would be a shame to lose all of the great scripts and Poser environments that RDNA makes.

The deep freeze is gone from over there, and the Real Deals, even the new ones are all 5 bucks.

Zaarin

Brilliant
Believe me, the Poser/Gen4 oriented vendors at RDNA have our concerns as well. I at least am as surprised as you are. Given DAZ's anti-Poser history, many of us have some real concerns about this transition, despite the assurances we've been given that DAZ is interested in our Poser-only/Gen4 products.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Damn... It was foretold in the ancient inscriptions on that hippopotamus statue I bought from the one armed man at the flea market, yet I refused to believe it... it took me twelve years to decipher and it was only last night after dinner that if finished... But this is one of the fourteen signs of the apoopalypse... Well, I'm making sure my locust insurance is paid up...
I think despite the upbeat tone of the announcement, I feel bad for them.
You forget meteorite coverage is a must too!