• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Runtime DNA merges with DAZ 3D

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
On the other hand, though. I think this has the potential to actually be very GOOD for a lot of other sites... like our HiveWire here, Dana's site, Fantasy Attic, etc... it might help all of these sites out as Poser-only vendors and Poser-only hobbyists are going to be looking for new pastures... so maybe in the long run this might actually be a good thing.

I'm just sad to see it come at the cost of Syyd and Traveler's years of hard work.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Hope Chris and all the Admin here write to the poser vendors to say they are more than welcome here!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Sure is a disaster, and not just for Poser users. What about all the HW Dawn, Dusk and Luna products there? Are they going to make the move too? I very much doubt it. I really hope those vendors make the move here along with any Poser only vendors who may get shut out. But very, VERY bad news, I feel ill :(

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm so glad Chris, Lisa and Ken got out of there when they did. I can only hope some of the popular Poser vendors at RDNA come here instead, but who knows. I guess time will tell.

I just dropped 14 things out of my RDNA wishlist, bought 1, and will see about the last 2 the beginning of next month, if they're still there.

Miss B

CV-BEE
What about all the HW Dawn, Dusk and Luna products there? Are they going to make the move too? I very much doubt it.
Yes, I doubt it too, as forum posts were deleted without warning, so I doubt store items will be welcome.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I just cleared my wishlist out...don't want anything from there anymore, I feel so bad.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I can't see DAZ welcoming the HiveWire products to their store. Much less all the Poser only products. They've more than proved that they have absolutely no interest in supporting Poser.

I'm very saddened by this news. I can't see this as being anything but a huge loss for the Poser community.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Yes, I doubt it too, as forum posts were deleted without warning, so I doubt store items will be welcome.

DAZ just trying to take control of everything....no doubt they hate the way HiveWire has succeeded and will do everything in it's power to stop it!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I just got off the phone with Charles at Smith Micro. He had asked me to call him wondering if I had heard the news. I had not, so he informed me. Wow! Surprise surprise... right?

Here's my brief take on recent events.

Poser sales are solid and doing very well. Lot's more cool things coming to Poser that will be of huge benefit to customers and content creators. I'm very confident that Poser has a bright and long future. We'll certainly be here to continue supporting it.

We at HiveWire still support Poser and Studio and don't plan on changing that.

We have our list of content that we're marching ahead to create, and we're in the thick of it with several projects.

We will always welcome newcomers to HiveWire, as forum members and or content creators. We're here, available and ready to support those that would wish to be a part of us and our way of thinking. Friendly and fair.

We march on, ever forward!

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Hope you don't mind Chris but I posted a copy of your post over at RDNA...Just wanting to let people know that Poser support is here!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Huge surprise Chris! RDNA has always been so supportive of Poser. I just can't see that continuing.

Granted, I've never spent that much money at RDNA. My DAZ budget moved to HiveWire and I've never regretted that. Until Genesis, the bulk of my 3D budget went to DAZ with a small part then split between RDNA and Renderosity. RDNA has had some rather incredible Poser products, and the Poser scripts and content creation products have been awesome. I rather hope we will find them migrating to HiveWire.

In fact, I hope that we see quite a few Poser vendors wander over this way. It will make me rather happy to be able to support them at the store I most love.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Satira, in a way, I actually think this will benefit the community as a whole. Once upon a time there was a bazillion places that had content, free, paid, both. Daz's site is what happened to all of that. It all got gathered up, gradually, to Rendo, RDNA, and Daz with only a few stubborn places inching along on willpower.

Maybe this will open things back up again. This actually has the potential to allow the community as a whole to return to doing what they got into the hobby to do in the first place.

I don't think it's good news for the RDNA vendors, but I think in the long run this can be VERY good for the entire community, rather than "just one site" or "just this program's users."

Does that make sense?

It's an opportunity. Let's use it.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hope you don't mind Chris but I posted a copy of your post over at RDNA...Just wanting to let people know that Poser support is here!

Thank you. Great idea. I've been reading some of what's being said there also.

frogimus

Adventurous
Huge surprise Chris! RDNA has always been so supportive of Poser. I just can't see that continuing.

Granted, I've never spent that much money at RDNA. My DAZ budget moved to HiveWire and I've never regretted that. Until Genesis, the bulk of my 3D budget went to DAZ with a small part then split between RDNA and Renderosity. RDNA has had some rather incredible Poser products, and the Poser scripts and content creation products have been awesome. I rather hope we will find them migrating to HiveWire.

In fact, I hope that we see quite a few Poser vendors wander over this way. It will make me rather happy to be able to support them at the store I most love.
I really hope they come here. I don't see giving Daz another penny and I'd hate to miss out on some of the great RDNA artists.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
It's already happening. Take a look at the Renerosity market. It's all DAZ figure support. There is literally nothing for Poser there except a few V4 items. And let's face it, She's DAZ too...
Hmmmm, I wonder if they've got the b*lls to try this with R'osity down the road. Hmmmmm . . .

One of the reason why I joined RDNA is their style. It's dark, gritty fantasy. The site is more liberal than other site. Daz is a bit more conservative, so is Hivewire. I hate to see that tradition being Dazimated. I know Hivewire has the same philosophy as Daz. Even if RDNA artists were to come here, it will be a water down version of what they used to be. I'm not against Hivewire's policy. I just feel that we've lost a great outlet of our art.
JV

Miss B

CV-BEE
The Gen4 characters, V4, A4, M4, Steph4, et al., are still my go-to characters when I'm not working with Dawn and Dusk. One of these days I'm going to do a render combing both sets of characters. ;)