• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

xyer0

Brilliant
Remember her???? You may remember her as CoCo Hernandez from the movie Fame, or Sparkle Williams from the movie Sparkle. She just passed on November 25, the day after Thanksgiving at age 63.
View attachment 76523
Irene Cara "You Were Made for Me" is one of my all-time favorites, though it wasn't a big hit. I used to listen to it and dream of meeting the one I could say that to.

eclark1894

Visionary
Irene Cara "You Were Made for Me" is one of my all-time favorites, though it wasn't a big hit. I used to listen to it and dream of meeting the one I could say that to.
Well, I remember three of her songs and after that she just kind of disappeared. Fame, Flashdance and Out Here On Our Own wer actually big songs at the time. She also had a minor hit with the Theme from her movie, "Sparkle".

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember them?????
1670032248685.png

unreal

Noteworthy
There were, in fact, two Captain Marvels. The original was created by Fawcett Comics in 1939, a year after Superman was first introduced. DC, pissed, sued, and Fawcett ceased publication in 1953. DC acquired the Captain Marvel family from Fawcett, but did not publish any Captain Marvel comics until the 70s. By then, Marvel had created it's own Captain Marvel, and DC couldn't publish the comic under the name Captain Marvel. So they published under the name Shazam! So many people thought that Shazam was the character's name that DC just let Marvel have that one and renamed their Captain Marvel to Shazam!

Incidentally, DC's Captain Marvel appeared on tv first, as a live action hero, in the 70s, then as an animation in the 80's.

Marvel's Captain Marvel, to my knowledge, has never been on tv, animated or otherwise. And the movie made him a woman from the start, which originally, he was not.
Your comic-fu is good! When you can snatch this pebble from my hand, you will be ready O.O

The Live action TV. Was is prime time or Saturday morning? I can't remember (I was never a big DC fan, growing up). And by the 80's, I had moved on to Heavy Metal and Epic Illustrated.

The Marvel movie was fun, though. It was a more pleasant "80's background" movie, rather than the over the top campy stuff. I know Guardians of the Galaxy was supposed to start in the 80's, but the music (awesome0 was 70's (as far as I remember).

unreal

Noteworthy
Sounds like maybe a double Whopper. But yes, they're the ones with the special sauce.

Dana
I still like the whopper over Mickey D's. But Mickey's fries are better. I used to combine bits from Mickey's, Taco Bell, and Wendy's (all next to each other): Fries, Beef Mexi-melt, Frosty. Nearby trail ride on my bike with a book to a little island in the woods... That was my lunch break every day, first job out of uni, as an engineer. Ahh..... Austin in the late 80's. Cooler than the coolest. And then some. Good times!

And now I'm hungry for that junk.

unreal

Noteworthy
I loved that movie!!!

Dana
That movie is kind of like watching Spirited Away. It's so trippy that watching it while sleepy and the next day you can't tell if you dreamed all that weirdness. Cheap trip.

Not trick. My momma's alright.