• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these?????
1669670196014.png

unreal

Noteworthy
Remember this????? Gort, Klaatu, barada, nikto!
View attachment 76491
Do you remember that phrase in "Army of Darkness"? So many great lines in that silly movie.

"Klaatu...
Barada...
nik<cough>.

There. I said it."

"Did you say it exactly?"
"Well, maybe not every single syllable but yeah, pretty much."

"You told me you loved me."
<guilty look> "That was just pillow talk, baby."

unreal

Noteworthy
Okay, I thought Unreal was just joking, but seeing Dana take it seriously, I have to speak up. The title was and always has been Shazzan. I can't find a reason as to why Shazzan was used instead of Shazam except, the creator, Alex Toth, probably saw or was advised of legal problems. Also, Shazzan was the genie's name, while Shazam is a just a made up magical word.
I was thinking of this cartoon (which was watched by my brothers):

Which was Captain Marvel. Billy Batson (I think) became Captain Marvel by saying Shazam?

Not sure if it's the Marvel Comics Captain Marvel (maybe the names gives it away). I remember a Mary Marvel, too. In the cartoon?

During one of the umpteen reboots Marvel changed to a woman. Which is what the movie was based on. I think. I enjoyed the movie, though :)

I don't remember if it's the same. I gave up on comics during the "inner demons/dark tortured spirits/dysfunctional hero" years from the mid 80's on.

unreal

Noteworthy
I was thinking of this cartoon (which was watched by my brothers):

Which was Captain Marvel. Billy Batson (I think) became Captain Marvel by saying Shazam?

Not sure if it's the Marvel Comics Captain Marvel (maybe the names gives it away). I remember a Mary Marvel, too. In the cartoon?

During one of the umpteen reboots Marvel changed to a woman. Which is what the movie was based on. I think. I enjoyed the movie, though :)

I don't remember if it's the same. I gave up on comics during the "inner demons/dark tortured spirits/dysfunctional hero" years from the mid 80's on.
It looks like this one is DC. Shazam. Based on a live action TV show.

I wonder how many live action comic book heroes there were. Superman. Batman. Wonder Woman. Spiderman. The Hulk. Shazam.

Captain Marvel was Marvel (duh)

eclark1894

Visionary
It looks like this one is DC. Shazam. Based on a live action TV show.

I wonder how many live action comic book heroes there were. Superman. Batman. Wonder Woman. Spiderman. The Hulk. Shazam.

Captain Marvel was Marvel (duh)
There were, in fact, two Captain Marvels. The original was created by Fawcett Comics in 1939, a year after Superman was first introduced. DC, pissed, sued, and Fawcett ceased publication in 1953. DC acquired the Captain Marvel family from Fawcett, but did not publish any Captain Marvel comics until the 70s. By then, Marvel had created it's own Captain Marvel, and DC couldn't publish the comic under the name Captain Marvel. So they published under the name Shazam! So many people thought that Shazam was the character's name that DC just let Marvel have that one and renamed their Captain Marvel to Shazam!

Incidentally, DC's Captain Marvel appeared on tv first, as a live action hero, in the 70s, then as an animation in the 80's.

Marvel's Captain Marvel, to my knowledge, has never been on tv, animated or otherwise. And the movie made him a woman from the start, which originally, he was not.

Last edited: