• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
How many times does the rifleman fire the rifle in the opening scene? :)
12. I've counted.
I know most people classify Daniel Boone as a western, and it does mostly fit the genre, but I have a problem with it. I classify it more along the adventure genre like Tarzan.
1635072860404.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Chuck Conners, of Rifleman fame...soldier in the Civil War, falsely accused of abandoning his post and fellow soldiers during a battle.
Hmmm, doesn't sound familiar, but I just watched the video Earl posted, and that scene does look familiar, so I may have watched it, but not necessarily regularly every week.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I remember watching every one of those series growing up. My dad's family had a ranch on the Idaho side of the Snake River and a house in town on the Oregon side, so he worked on a ranch until he left at 19 to go to university. Needless to say, all these western was his thing. His favorite author was Louis L'Amour.

Bonanza came on Sunday night after our bedtime. We'd sneak out of bed and lay on the floor outside the bathroom where we could see the tv. We learned years later, mom and dad knew we were there. So ... why not change bedtime for that one night?

There were so many in the late 50s and early 60s. Gunsmoke, The Rifle Man, The Big Valley, Bonanza, The Virginian, Paladin (Have Gun, Will Travel), The Real McCoys, Daniel Boone, Davey Crocket, Wagon Train, Rawhide, Branded, The Wild, Wild West...it goes on and on!

Dana

Stezza

Dances with Bees
12. I've counted.
I know most people classify Daniel Boone as a western, and it does mostly fit the genre, but I have a problem with it. I classify it more along the adventure genre like Tarzan.
View attachment 71277

from the interwebs

Chuck explained that, "What you see and hear on the screen are eleven shots; what the weapon actually holds are eight shot. That was a camera trick so that the shooting would match the music—called dramatic license."
This was taken from Chuck Connors..... "The Man Behind the Rifle" by David Fury, Artist's Press and from 1991 interview with Roy Firestone.​

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh my goodness, I totally forgot about F Troop, though I don't recall if I watched it regularly. I found it more on the humorous side, rather than a true western.

Miss B

CV-BEE
To me the best western ever made was The Magnificent Seven, but it was a full length feature film, and not a TV show.

The cast alone was a triple winner, and the story line was great.

eclark1894

Visionary
O Mighty Isis! Sadly, I've just learned that my Saturday Mornings crush, Joanna Cameron passed away about two days ago of a stroke. She was 70 years old, and played Andrea Thomas, school teacher, who was also privy to The Secrets of Isis. It was announced by Joanna Pang Atkins, who played Cindy Lee on The Secrets of Isis, that Cameron died due to complications from a stroke on October 22, 2021.
1635130368855.png

eclark1894

Visionary
from the interwebs

Chuck explained that, "What you see and hear on the screen are eleven shots; what the weapon actually holds are eight shot. That was a camera trick so that the shooting would match the music—called dramatic license."​

This was taken from Chuck Connors..... "The Man Behind the Rifle" by David Fury, Artist's Press and from 1991 interview with Roy Firestone.​

I won't disagree with Mr. Connors, but here is the Wikipedia excerpt:
"McCain fires 12 shots from his rifle during the opening credits - seven shots in the first close-up and five more as the camera switches to another view. The blank cartridges are shorter than standard cartridges, so the magazine can hold more of the blanks. The soundtrack contained a dubbed 13th shot, to allow the firing to end with a section of the theme music." Close enough. :sneaky:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Cabbage Patch and Garbage Patch dolls/cards came out after I was an adult. Since I only had a son, neither was of any importance to him.

eclark1894

Visionary
Cabbage Patch and Garbage Patch dolls/cards came out after I was an adult. Since I only had a son, neither was of any importance to him.
Being an adult (more or less) myself and a male, I had little interest in the Cabbage Patch kids myself. But I remember my girlfriend at the time and some guys going gaga over Beanie Babies in the 90s.