• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
I was just thumbing through our 1975 school yearbook. Unfortunately, Classmates doesn't have my graduation Yearbook from 1976. But I found this picture of a guy I went to school with. His name was Bret Stell. He was the quarterback on the Junior Varsity football team. Now, don't get me wrong, Bret was a nice guy and I did like him. But he was one of the major reasons I never played football even though the coach tried to get me to try out. See, every time I saw Brett, he was in a cast, a sling or on crutches. Either for his arm or a leg. And when I say every time, I mean every time!:D
1642889929730.png

Stezza

Dances with Bees
modelled this yesterday .. my recreation of a laser gun from a movie which was released years ago..

any guesses as to what movie it was?

Laser Gun.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's looking good Stezza. It doesn't look familiar, so can't guess what movie it's from.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmm, still doesn't help. I used to go to the movies a lot back then, but it just doesn't remind me of anything I might have seen back then.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
My gut us saying Fantastic Voyage, but I am uncertain as it has been more than 3 decades since I last saw it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
The name of the song, "I'll Take You There" sounds familiar, but I don't recall the Staple Singers, or the record company's label.

eclark1894

Visionary
The name of the song, "I'll Take You There" sounds familiar, but I don't recall the Staple Singers, or the record company's label.
Okay, fair enough. I have to remember that people my age who are not black, don't all share my experience. It was a popular song though, so you may remember it if you heard it. The group and label had several hits, including one from the movie by Sidney Poitier, Bill Cosby, and Jimmie JJ Walker (GoodTimes) Called Let's Do It Again.

eclark1894

Visionary
Growing up, I used to see these growing wild everywhere. I just came to the realization that I haven't seen a wild patch of bamboo around here in decades. My brother and I would always cut a pole down, with the intention of making a fishing pole out of it. We never did though. They're also tougher to cut than you might have thought. We'd always end up just grabbing one that was already on the ground.
1643124554448.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
Okay, fair enough. I have to remember that people my age who are not black, don't all share my experience.
Well I'm older than you are, and I liked a lot of the black singing groups, but I don't always remember the group names.

That said, yes, that's the song I was thinking of when you first posted it.