• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this????? I don't. I know what it is, but never had any.
1648868487992.png

McGyver

Energetic
Remember it… I still use it… but I don’t think it comes in jars anymore.

It’s not bad… tastes good in coffee too.

41F02D3C-86D6-4017-895B-853C87D2A5BB.jpeg

McGyver

Energetic
Remember these?…

254AA3C1-52A4-4543-A579-87B52A7C9774.jpeg

CA456843-ACC8-437F-96F9-92BE3A11300C.jpeg

The first is easy… the second one, maybe not so much…

I’ll give you a hint… it’s half of Carrara.

Here is the kicker on the screenshots above… those are running on an iPad.

Via an online browser based emulator…

DanaTA

Distinguished
The other one, I don't know. Looks similar, but older...I mean, B&W? The Commodore 64 had a similar interface with the Geos add-ons to the Macs bac then.

Dana

McGyver

Energetic
The other one, I don't know. Looks similar, but older...I mean, B&W? The Commodore 64 had a similar interface with the Geos add-ons to the Macs bac then.

Dana
One more hint…

Before DAZ acquired Carrara from Eovia, the program in question was merged by MetaCreations with Ray Dream to create what we know as Carrara.

It starts with an “I” and ends with “D”

it was originally created by Specular International who sold it to MetaCreations, who sold it to Eovia, who sold it to DAZ

Last edited:

DanaTA

Distinguished
One more hint…

Before DAZ acquired Carrara from Eovia, the program in question was merged by MetaCreations with Ray Dream to create what we know as Carrara.

It starts with an “I” and ends with “D”

it was originally created by Specular International who sold it to MetaCreations, who sold it to Eovia, who sold it to DAZ
The only things I had by MetaCreations were SuperGoo and Kai's Power Tools...neither of which I actually ever used. :whistling: :rolleyes:

Dana

robert952

Brilliant
The only things I had by MetaCreations were SuperGoo and Kai's Power Tools...neither of which I actually ever used. :whistling: :rolleyes:

Dana
Kai Power Tools I remember. I got a free copy for coming up with the most creative caption to a cartoon. That software worked within an earlier version of PaintShop Pro. Some of the tools IIRC were included in the PSP scripts or brushes.

Another MetaCreations software was one called Dabbler. I have the CDs for both Kai and Dabbler. (Wonder if they work within the WIN10 framework as a backward compatible software?) IIRC Dabbler was like Painter in that the software mimicked traditional art media. I seem to recall they had a decent paint mixer that is used to create colors for use in PaintShop Pro (with their eyedropper tool).

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember him???? Actually growing up, there were a lot of shows for me to watch early in the morning. Bozo, the Mickey Mouse Club, Captain Kangaroo and a couple of local programs.
1648948991153.png