• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Reinstalling DS, converting things to Dawn and Diva and my experiments along the way

DanaTA

Distinguished
Genesis 9 starter essentials have just hit. You probably won't see many posts on this thread of her though...as it wouldn't be fair so I'll probably post in the thread I just started over at Daz.
Wow! Usually, starter essentials come free. At least, that's my experience. It just shows up in DIM for download. Haven't checked DIM yet, but if we have to pay, I won't be getting G9 for a while! And the V9 stuff is outrageously priced! It was even in the pre-order sale.

Dana

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
They are but they're listed in the stores as well for some reason.
Glad you found the robe it's fun to play with.
The prices look fairly standard to me.
I've bought a few things. I bought Victoria because in my opinon the female base is very masculine.
I also got a couple of outfits OOT's 10 in 1 and Mango movement, plus the emotions and the character essentials.
I'm a bit disappointed in the clothing as there is some pokethru on some items even in zero pose.

Poses that come with genesis 9, there are 3 sets all pretty much the same and imo the poses are too feminine for the male.

DanaTA

Distinguished
They are but they're listed in the stores as well for some reason.
Glad you found the robe it's fun to play with.
The prices look fairly standard to me.
I've bought a few things. I bought Victoria because in my opinon the female base is very masculine.
I also got a couple of outfits OOT's 10 in 1 and Mango movement, plus the emotions and the character essentials.
I'm a bit disappointed in the clothing as there is some pokethru on some items even in zero pose.

Poses that come with genesis 9, there are 3 sets all pretty much the same and imo the poses are too feminine for the male.
I saw a post by someone else that said that, too. Or was it you over there? Not surprised, though. I think it would be pretty hard for a single mesh to look precisely non-committal. It's bound to lean one way or another. But, I remember the original genesis, and they made either gender look pretty good. We'll see. But, for me, the stuff is way too expensive.

Dana

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Might have been me. I'm not talking about the base mesh but when the base woman slider is used. I think the base mesh is okay, the woman though still has too many muscular looking features in the chest area for my taste.
I'm wondering if they expect people to use Victoria 8 as a base more than the base woman or just encourage them to buy Victoria.

I've rejoined Daz+ for 3 months. It cost $24 for the 3 months. I already saved a fair amount plus got a free product for rejoining worth up to $20.

Add into that I've spent much in the last 3 years so I have enough there at the moment but I won't be buying a huge amount.

I want the morphs and also some decent poses.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sorry I haven't posted much...had a few days where I wasn't on my computer as my mum had a fall last Sunday and was busy with my parents most of the week. Good thing is she's okay but she gave us all a scare.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Sorry I haven't posted much...had a few days where I wasn't on my computer as my mum had a fall last Sunday and was busy with my parents most of the week. Good thing is she's okay but she gave us all a scare.
Glad to hear she is OK. My mom never fully recovered from her fall.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm also glad she's OK. Caring for an aging parent is NOT easy by any means.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the comments. She seems ok from the fall. Spending a lot of time trying to help make things easier for them to be independent. Cleared out her pantry as she had been overbuying and recently realised it. So to make it less overwhelming I cleared out the older stuff and left her with 2 of each item. Thing is it all takes time to do. I often feel like I need another 24 hours in each day at the minute.

Daz has a sale on tutorials at the moment and I bought one on geoshells which had Ken as one of the tutors.

Playing with geoshells this morning on Dawn. Still needs work it's just a texture using superbladepro...
geoshellmaskdawn.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
It's too bad that DAZ hasn't come up with a way to allow a border to be dialed in on the Geoshell's as this would have made the mask even cooler. The border could have it's own surface option to colorize or add in more textures to make things like cowls, masks and other facial elements stand out more.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It would probably be easy to do as a texture but I'm wondering if I can set up surfaces on it. I'll have look when I get chance.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sorry I've been missing in action over the Christmas period I've been busy looking after my parents. Mum has reached the stage where she needs assistance with taking her meds as she gets confused. So I've been going over there a couple of times a day to look after her meds and also been busy organising some assistance for them. As she now has a nurse doing the meds I have got a bit more free time and I'm hoping to get some more work done and will hopefully post more frequently to this thread.

cheers

Pen

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So it's been a busy few months. I had to have a biopsy and lots of tests but looks like it was benign. Still looking after mum and dad. Trying to organise additional care for them in the home.

Hopefully I'll get chance to work on some of this soon.