• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Reinstalling DS, converting things to Dawn and Diva and my experiments along the way

DanaTA

Distinguished
Thanks Miss B. I'm finding it really difficult at the moment to focus on one thing and just get it finished I seem to be jumping from one thing to the next.
Have you checked out the freebies at Fantasies Attic for Halloween yet? 2022 Fantasy Attic's Annual Halloween Gifts
That page is blocked by Norton! Says it's a known dangerous page! That's nonsense, of course, but it's been saying that about pfdlives as well. I can get there on my FireHD tablet, even though I have Norton on that, too. Very strange!

Dana

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So in the process of testing the suit and yes it does need some corrective morphs it's still a wip, I made some poses to aid in testing. DS dufs at the moment but they work with the cr2 in ds. Any interest if I package them up? Theres a zero pose as well...
Arms down pose.jpgarms forward.jpgdejected.jpgsitting.jpgsitting2.jpgwave.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That page is blocked by Norton! Says it's a known dangerous page! That's nonsense, of course, but it's been saying that about pfdlives as well. I can get there on my FireHD tablet, even though I have Norton on that, too. Very strange!
I have Norton, and haven't had any issues.

Edited to Add: I tried PFDlives as well, and got no warning, but all I got was a blank page.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So I discovered something messing around with GruggleMonk.

I discovered that triax weightmapped clothing seems to work on cr2 legacy figures. Look at the printscreen below...if you look at the bottom of the scene tab it says dzlegacy which is because it's a cr2 the bodysuit is mine that is saved in a duf file and used the transfer utility to rig it.
dufbodysuit on cr2figure.jpg

DanaTA

Distinguished
I have Norton, and haven't had any issues.

Edited to Add: I tried PFDlives as well, and got no warning, but all I got was a blank page.
They're on a different server now, you may need to do a hard refresh.

I don't understand why I'm getting blocked, then. I was thinking that it's not protected by an SSL certificate. Plus, it has such a small userbase, probably nobody is in the Norton community.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
If I click to go to the site anyway, it loads. But when I download anything, it just vanishes into the ether. Even the files are being blocked. I give up.

Dana

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I won't have either Nortons or Mcafee on my computer I tried them, don't like them. I've been using Kaspersky for years. I pay somewhere in Ireland.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I won't have either Nortons or Mcafee on my computer I tried them, don't like them. I've been using Kaspersky for years. I pay somewhere in Ireland.
did a simple search in Google...

"Kaspersky, one of the world's largest privately held cybersecurity companies, was founded in Russia in 1997 by Eugene Kaspersky. For the last 20 years, Kaspersky has been consistently ranked as a strong antivirus product. The company is headquartered in Moscow, Russia, with offices around the world.Apr 8, 2022"

Mr. Kaspersky is a former intelligence officer. Hmmm...I think it's safe to say that any business in Moscow, especially a big money business, is not safe from Mr. Putin's influence.

Dana

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Personally I use the default that comes with Windows. I've had stealth readings when testing the viability of these built in antivirus softwares. I've never liked Norton or Mcafee and like Dana, I don't trust Kaspersky.

DanaTA

Distinguished
And who would I change it to?
Well, I couldn't say. I like Norton 360. It's really fast on my computer, and I've had no issues. And I use several of the items, like the password manager, password generator. But, I just keep my computer safe by not clicking on links in emails unless I trust the source, and I always look at the true address of the senders, and hover over links to be sure they're going to where the text of the link indicates.

I don't want to keep derailing this thread, so I think this should be it. It can always be discussed elsewhere (start another thread if need be).

Dana

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So Parkdale Gardener has kindly tested my poses in Poser and that version is ready for release.

Waiting on feedback from my ds tester on the gruggle monk poses and the camisole set.

Aim for today to finish the icons for the Poser version of the camisole set so I can get it packaged.

Am I correct in thinking that I need to include

Geometry object for morphs.
PMD file
INJ and REM files for morph
Material files and Icons.

Am I missing anything?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Just the PMD for the morphs, all that info is taken and recorded into that file so you shouldn't need to include the OBJ's, just the main OBJ for the camisole. INJ and REM files for sure and of course the material files and their pngs