• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Reinstalling DS, converting things to Dawn and Diva and my experiments along the way

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That's what I've ended up doing. Putting it under Hivewire.
I'm leaving the pmd file in the geometries folder. If people want to move it they can. I know I've put injections in a morph folder in the past but it seems logical to me to keep it in the geometries as people don't really need to see it as they should be using the pose files.

I exported the dress from DS as a cr2 but poser keeps throwing up errors it doesn't like the cr2 from DS at all. And it's created an additional folder for some reason. I'm going to keep playing and see if I can work it out.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Doesn't poser have a zbrush bridge? I seem to remember that it does?
OK, I just opened Poser, and it doesn't have a ZBrush "bridge". What it has is the option to Import and/or Export in ZBrush format. IOW, if you click on the File menu in Poser, and go down to Import or Export, ZBrush is listed with FBX, Lightwave, OBJ, Collada, BVH motion (for animation) and several others. I wouldn't consider that a "bridge".

Miss B

CV-BEE
I exported the dress from DS as a cr2 but poser keeps throwing up errors it doesn't like the cr2 from DS at all. And it's created an additional folder for some reason. I'm going to keep playing and see if I can work it out.
Hmmmm, I know folks do that, so I wonder why you're getting errors. I don't think I ever did that back when I was using DS regularly, even though the majority of my DS Runtime was Poser compatible files.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So despite all the error messages it loaded and it seems to work complete with morphs showing up in the parameters tab.

It's probably some setting I used. I've pulled out Paul's video from Digital Art and I'll watch that it might be able to explain what I'm doing wrong.

Edited to add I just noticed the mesh seems to be pulling apart. Requires really careful navigating with pose. I wish it was ds so much easier.
Render 3.png

Fair enough Miss B. I know that when I go thru the options in Zbrush Poser comes up. I thought that maybe I just didn't have the bridge installed.

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
So despite all the error messages it loaded and it seems to work complete with morphs showing up in the parameters tab.

It's probably some setting I used. I've pulled out Paul's video from Digital Art and I'll watch that it might be able to explain what I'm doing wrong.
It's looking good, so it's working, just fussing. You might be right about a setting you used, OR forgot to use. I've done that more than once myself.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yeah...I think I'll watch the video from Paul first and see what it says.

It seems to break into pieces which it doesn't do in DS. I'd forgotten what it was like to play with bends and such at different levels to avoid poke thru.

Miss B

CV-BEE
According to this there was a goz bridge up to 2014 About GoZ | ZBrush Docs
Yes, supported by Smith Micro. Poser is now supported by RPublishing/Rederosity, so they may have changed it. I had P9, but not P2012 or P10/P2014, so don't know how it was set up in those versions. I went from P9 to P11, and eventually P12.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yes, it will depend on if it gets developed further obviously when 11 was updated it didn't get released.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Doesn't poser have a zbrush bridge? I seem to remember that it does?

Ram what do I do next with my injection files? Do I move the pz file to the Pose folder and create an icon?
Did you use the Export Injection file? Once you do that then you will save that out to the Pose folder, if it's a Character then create a directory for you, your character and then save it out to there. Once you get that done then you will need to move the INJ PMD file over to the Geometries folder.

To make things easier for me what I do is save out the INJ and PMD to the Geometries folder and then MOVE the INJ and add in a PNG. This script will not make a PNG so you will have to make one and add that in. BUT saving out to the Geometries folder will save you time and step of opening up the INJ file and changing the path of the PMD to reflect it living in the Geometries folder. I hope that makes sense.

Attachments

• INJ Export.png
    INJ Export.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 106

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
The pull apart issue is one of the reasons why I'm delaying making clothing for Poser right now. The regrouped OBJ that Poser creates makes this a bit harder to overcome. I wanted to make gloves for L'Homme and well, they all pulled apart at the grouped areas between the fingers when the fingers were posed. Maybe Cath could help with that.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
thanks Ram! Ken helped me via messages. I've got most done now except creating the rem files which he's given me instructions for.

In regards the dress I'm going to rewatch the video from digital arts which Paul did for converting to poser and see if I can follow it well enough to get it working. If not I won't be doing clothing for Poser. It's just too hard.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B! Yes there is quite a lot there I've already copied it into onenote...there are some areas I haven't used myself so I will need to experiment before finalising a pdf.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So I wanted to do this properly as a quick project.
I remeshed it in Zbrush and improved on the groups, uv mapped it in uv layout and then imported it to DS, created surfaces and applied some shaders I had. It currently is sitting where Dawn's hand would be and I'm thinking it would make a nice smart prop.
Sword.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I went off on a tangent again and did this little fellow's bodysuit.
I've managed to get it to work as a cr2 and a duf file in DS. Still need to test it in poser.

Additional news I've submitted the dforce sundress for Dawn to Fantasie Attics Halloween freebies. Llola Lane tested for me in DS as well as Lorraine and Llola is talking about making some textures for it.

bodysuitsurfacesshaders.jpg