• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Refining Our Direction at HiveWire 3D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ken Gilliland is correct. Morphs are figure-specific and will not work on different geometries. New awesome morphs will be created for Dawn 2.0 when she comes out. :)
That said, however, I "think" Chris mentioned there will be a DawnSE morph included, so I'm wondering if your Body Types will work better that way with the new Dawn 2.0.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Not that I recall there being much in the store, but how long will we have to pick up Mil4 figure stuff before it is gone forever?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
There will be a last chance option for things that will be removed from the store, with notification, and you'll have plenty of time to grab them, so don't worry.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That said, however, I "think" Chris mentioned there will be a DawnSE morph included, so I'm wondering if your Body Types will work better that way with the new Dawn 2.0.

I have been thinking of ways to project Dawn 1 morphs over Dawn 2, but we will have to wait for the final mesh to put them to test. :)

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks for the heads up, LisaB & Chris. I have three questions, the last is borderline OT:
1) Will Ken1171's Body Type morphs be compatible with Dawn 2.0?
2) Will notification of upcoming product departures be sent via email?
3) Could you give OutOfTouch a free Harry in exchange for him creating a new mane & tail?

2) Yes they will be announced via our newsletter. There will also be a store category for the products.

3) Of course! If OutOfTouch would like to create a mane and tail for Harry we would certainly love to see how that goes.

By us gifting Harry to OOT, we would require first right of refusal on publishing the add-on product and that the add-on product be exclusive to HW for a period of time.

By OOT purchasing Harry, we hold no requirements for publishing add-on products.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
There is one thing I'd like to see more of at Hivewire. The presense of different races. I understand the idea of using Dawn as a base, but I'd like to see more skin textures and features for blacks, hispanics, and asians.

VirtualWorld has created several ethnicities with her Dawn and Dusk characters. The Face of Africa and Face of Asia morphs are gorgeous and the skin tones are quite beautiful.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I have her Face of Asia Sets 1 and 2, as well as her Brothers set for Dusk, which are 2 very nice looking black men. Not sure I have her Face of Africa Sets or not, so will definitely have to check that out.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm thinking you might be confused here. The post is referring to DAZ and Poser FIGURES (Genesis, Pauline, etc), not that products submitted must have both DAZ Studio and Poser versions.
Thanks Alisa as I was confused by this also and was going to ask.

Riccardo

Adventurous
Well, Earl, maybe it's just me, It looks like I am the only one here, but I do not like the direction that will be taken.
I like to play with old programs and models; I like when things work and are available for a broad range of devices/programs; old and new.
Maybe it comes from coding and web design, where I try to make things that work for the broadest audience possible.
So, when I see restrictions, programs not supported anymore and all this kind of stuff, I do not like it.
Everyone may do as they want, it may make sense (?) for HW3D and is perfectly legit, but I don't like it.

eclark1894

Visionary
So who says you have to give it up? V4 And M4 will still work in ten years. And even if the programs of the future stop supporting them, the programs of today still do. Keep using them.

Riccardo

Adventurous
So who says you have to give it up? V4 And M4 will still work in ten years. And even if the programs of the future stop supporting them, the programs of today still do. Keep using them.
Thanks Earl :) but do not doubt it: this is exactly what I intend to do. I will go on using my Bryce , Daz Studio (DS 3 Advanced, of course :p ), maybe a bit of Poser 9, and above all my beloved Carrara.
It's just that HW3D goes in different directions, so I feel less "at home" than I thought before, here. Not a big problem, though, don't worry ;-)

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Conversely, our community's sales run on two things: aesthetics and the _appearance_ of quality. And in today's tech centric world, newer is always seen as better. You put out a product for an old figure like V4, and it will automatically be seen as lower quality than one for G8, regardless of features or work. V4 and M4 products not only dilute HiveWire's brand, they make it look second hand. Like selling software for MacOS 9.x or accessories for a 2G flip phone.

Riccardo

Adventurous
I am aware of what you say @kobaltkween, and you are certainly right about the perception most people have about newer/older stuff. It's just that in a perfect world ;-) one thing should not necessarily exclude the other.
Other sites still sell old stuff. Of course, they especially push the new, polished products that make use of the latest technologies, but I like when they keep available also the old (and good) stuff.
You may be also right about the "dilution" of the brand, that's why I said this kind of move can make sense and is perfectly legit. But to me, it is bad news.