• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Redistributing Poser Dynamic Hair without the base figure - a solution

eclark1894

Visionary
One problem I have with TrueHair is that I find it easier to test out ideas than to document it, or to use the standard Hair Room to test out the same concepts. I like this beard, but I'd rather return to the original moustache (I could work on it more, but other tasks demand my attention).

View attachment 35915
I know two or three people who work here with me that have beards just like that.

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
So, maybe more like this... argh! Getting... sucked... in... to..... playing!

_Kinky2.jpg

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
What about the actual interface? What does it look like?

Very VERY similar to the first images and video captures I was showing. It's essentially got no interface, to the best of my ability. Or you could say the Pose Library is it's User Interface. To do 80% of what you can do with TrueHair you should not need to open the manual or even learn anything new (IMO) because "it's just there in front of you". Want the hair longer? Click Length+. Want it shorter? Click Length-.

I usually hate people who say that. Back in the 1980's there was a salesman - lovely guy called Keith, actually - who used to say "You don't need a manual, it's menu driven". Well, that annoyed me then but it's a design goal now - to make it so that you don't need to refer to a manual to do as many things as possible.

Here's a quote which I hope will repeat some images and a video from long ago...

OK. Right. Well.

I've just uploaded a video of:

which shows some basic workflow of the first few controls in the TrueHair library.

Please bear in mind this is not meant to REPLACE the Hair Room, but it is intended to make certain laborious aspects of using the Hair Room in a full-on project easier. It's meant to ease you in to using the Hair Room by taming the most boring bits. In the video I show covering a figure in hair/fur, saving hair, deleting hair, reloading the hair and spreading one material across all the hair on the body.

This is all working, right now. But there's STILL a lot to do

View attachment 32571

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Make that last beard about 3 times as long and ... believe it or not ... even thicker, and that would be close to the beard I saw yesterday.

It was one long incredibly matted beard.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Satira's not the only one who'll read the ReadMe Cliff. I learned my lesson years ago with a product I purchased at DAZ. I emailed the vendor with a question, and he responded the answer's in the ReadMe. Turns out, he used the ReadMe file to include a tutorial. Go know! ~shrugs~

eclark1894

Visionary
Satira's not the only one who'll read the ReadMe Cliff. I learned my lesson years ago with a product I purchased at DAZ. I emailed the vendor with a question, and he responded the answer's in the ReadMe. Turns out, he used the ReadMe file to include a tutorial. Go know! ~shrugs~
Yeah, but some people write terrible readMe's and tutorials. Others are just difficult to remember. I still haven't figured out how to use Netherwork's Auto group editor.

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
So, we've identified two of the three who will at least open the ReadMe. Looking for the third. I'm doing my best to make sure it's not TOO hidden...

Cheers,

Cliff "subtlety is not my middle name" Bowman

readme.jpg

PS Digital I used to hide some good and interesting info in readme files for prehistoric critters. Sneaky!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yeah, but some people write terrible readMe's and tutorials. Others are just difficult to remember. I still haven't figured out how to use Netherwork's Auto group editor.
Uhhh, are you talking about markdc's Auto Group Editor over at Renderosity? I don't have it, so can't check out its ReadMe, but I've always found ReadMe's helpful, even when all they have are a couple/three "NOTES" for their products.

I also keep a list of notes for every piece of software I use, even those that aren't 3D apps. That way I can find the info again without having to figure out where I originally found it.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I always read the ReadMe of a product. And, have spent a good bit of time with Cliff's User Manual on TrueHair as well already.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I'll at lest glance at a readme to see if I need to put it in the manuals folder or not :)
BTW I am soooooo looking forward to this, so meany things I want to do that need hair/fur

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees

That's not a Netherworks product, and I wrote you out a step by step. Did you not see the post?

Markus has some really unusual navigation tools that are consistent, at least, across his products. Perhaps it's the navigation that has you stumped:

In AGE, it's Shift+MMB (middle mouse button) to move the model up/down on the screen.
MMB to rotate the model
MMB to zoom in and out with a scroll wheel as the MMB. Without the scroll wheel, it's Ctrl+MMB

Ed Burke

Inspired
I usually glance at the Read Me before I buy content (when possible) to be very clear about what it is that I'm getting (the skin is SSS for example). I also look for the created date to get an idea how old the content is.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Me, me! I'm reading the Manual!
And LOL that beard reminds me of the hermit in the desert- Terry Jones, in "Life of Brian" :-D

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
What a literary bunch we are here! Oh - and any resemblance that any of my images, animations, words, models, textures, materials or scripts (in Python, no less) have to any British comedic icons, their lives, works, playthings or garden ornaments is entirely co-incidental. It may, or may not, have entered my subconscious and had an undetectable influence on me had I seen any of their works, but as I have not done so then even that is an impossibility, and my works are entirely my own work, needing no outside influence or inspiration.

Sometimes life just looks odd. Like the other week, when I was writing a Python script to write .TH files, Python Scripts, and .PZ2 pose files. Writing a Python script whose job was, in part, to write Python scripts initially had my brain trying to stretch out of my head (metaphorically) just so that it could look back at itself incredulously. Fortunately, once it saw the results it all made a lot more sense.

Cheers,

Cliff