• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Really sick

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
i hope you will be in full health very soon...really this kind of illness weak us a lot!
take care dear!! big hugs! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Hornet3d

Wise
Hope your health continues to improve. I have not input much here of late and I think it must be about three weeks since I did a render of any sort. Tooth extraction is still giving me some discomfort nearly two weeks on but it does get a bit better each day and the pain killers do work when it gets a bit too much.

Other than that I have been very busy putting up what the supplier called a summerhouse but it really a shed with windows, at least one end as because it is a summerhouse with attached shed. Can't say it went smoothly and it needed a great deal of work getting the panels to fit and line up. The suggested eight to ten hours build time turned out to be the best part of a week, as I modified and strengthened as I went along. That should heave been the end of it but I went on to revamp the whole back garden with new paths, steps and raised flower beds thanks to railway sleepers. So how does this fit in with this thread, well, although self inflicted, I feel really rough. I have been crawling into bed in the early evening for almost three weeks. I have somehow damaged my writs so typing and even using the mouse is painful and I can only bear it for short periods. I have aches in muscles I never knew I had but the good news it the heavy work is over so with just planting now left to do I am hoping my body will repair soon as Poser is quite out of the question at the moment.

DanaTA

Distinguished
If the pain in the wrists continues, you should see a doctor about it. I hope they heal up quickly, though! You may have just overworked them doing things you never normally do.

Dana

Hornet3d

Wise
If the pain in the wrists continues, you should see a doctor about it. I hope they heal up quickly, though! You may have just overworked them doing things you never normally do.

Dana

My guess is that I overworked them, at least that is what I hope. There was a lot of lifting heavy panels for the shed all of which needed to be screwed together. It is not obvious until it starts to hurt that the only reason the drill does not spin around the head of the screws is the force applied by your hand and wrist. Nailing roof felt around the edges only added to the pressure on the wrists and then, when the shed was finished, there was the lifting of large bags of ballast, decorative chippings and compost for the garden. As the cheapest way top buy these were in 100L + bags which made them they all very heavy. Of course it would have been even cheaper to have it delivered loose but we had only just had the front drive way block paved and, as there is no rear access, any building materials need to come through the house. Not having rear access is a real pain at times like this but adds to the security of the house generally.

DanaTA

Distinguished
That was a lot of work. Depending on the angle you held the drill when using it could make a difference, too. Get rested!

Dana

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Better but still some recovery to do.
Trying to do just one or two things at a time on the computer.
Janet made me some nice promos so will do one more check on my stomach to be sure I didn't overlook something and then submit.
If I can sell enough products real soon, need 200.00 dollars more and I can get my automatic adjustable bedframe.
Hoping the next set is as popular as the first was. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm glad to hear you're feeling better FL, and I'm sure this next set will be as big a hit as the first one. You do good work. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Thank you all for the comments and support.
It looks like cold weather is moving out do maybe now I can get out for some sunshine. :)

DanaTA

Distinguished
Sunshine is good. Except for needing sunscreen. But I like being warm. I always say, I'd rather sweat than freeze!

Dana

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I've never had to use sunscreen, more dark skinned like Asians when younger.
Now my skin has lightened up a lot and I do burn if I'm not careful.

Felt good to be outside a bit even if the wind was a bit nippy...lol.

Terre

Renowned
Glad you were feeling up to getting out for a bit. Hopefully you'll keep improving a bit each day.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Even dark-skinned people can burn. It just doesn't show as much. Burn or not, UV rays are very harmful, and unfortunately we weren't aware of that years ago. My mom has had some skin cancers as a result of bad sunburns when she was young. I am concerned, because I had some bad ones when I was young. Blisters the size of half dollars bad. I haven't been much of a beach person most of my life. I'd go once or twice per summer and end up like that. Eventually, as I got to my late pre-teen years, I just stopped going.

Dana