• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RAMWorks Upcoming & Live Products at Renderosity

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here the mix ...Tina , Sora and Diva for Dawn :laugh:

eclark1894

Visionary
If I ever get better at using Poser or someone makes some amazing script that can export mats and morphs from DAZ Studio to Poser I'll update my products to reflect that but for now... just DAZ Studio folks. So sorry!
For the record, I am adding more Poser video tutorials to the directory for people like you, Richard. The videos will be categorized to whatever you subject you want to know more about like Lighting, SuperFly, The Material Room etc. To be honest, even though it is a POSER directory, I did have a fleeting impulse to do a similar tutorial page for Studio, but I'd have to watch several video tutorials before I could even attempt something like that.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
SO SO CUTE Nessie.

I thank you Earl. I still wish someone would just come up with a set of scripts for DAZ Studio users to export stuff out. One for 3Delight to Firefly and then one for iRAY to Superfly. I know it's possible but for what ever reason it's not been looked into more seriously! It's actually pretty easy to get SHAPES set up in Poser from what I remember esp in the current version of Poser *older versions it's more work and frustration*

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
for what ever reason it's not been looked into more seriously!
Time and money. Demand. That's all. Slightly better than RGB curves situation discussed on the SM forum, but near. Who are ready to sponsor 100-200 hrs at least? (for Iray-SF conversion). Before you say "Poser already has PhysicalSurface, it should be easy!": continuous specter dispersion, thin layer diffraction, retroreflection, recalibrating glossy models, recalibrating bump and normal maps... Volumetric SSS model vs BSSRDF...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
So this is an OLD thread but I'm bringing it back. Not sure how far this will go but I've been getting into Poser more and more. I'm still spoiled by DAZ Studio in allot of ways but I'm doing OK in Poser. So last night and today I've spent getting Tommy set up in Poser.

I used the base Dusk skin for Superfly to get things set up. Not entirely happy with the skin set up so I'll probably redo it but for now it's nice to have Tommy Toon inside of Poser.

Now the steps to get the morph over to Poser was a royal pain in the tush to be sure. Since I save all my stuff in Cinema 4D size format which is really ZBrush's as well getting the morph over to Poser was NOT WORKING. Sending Dusk to ZBrush and loading in the morph told me the story I needed to finally make the right decision. So what I did was load up Dusk in DAZ Studio, applied the Head and Body morph (two dials, which I now need to figure out how to separate out again in Poser! So if anyone knows please help me with that). I exported the whole thing as a FBM in Poser format after making some adjustments in ZBrush and hid those ** "Fantasy Lashes" and then updated via GOZ to DAZ Studio.

The next thing I did was load up the Poser version of Timeless Hair which if you look at my promos they feature that hair on Tommy as I LOVE that hair still to this day! IT's simple but it's also very nice looking on most characters with it's gentle waves flowing back.... lovely! So after some back and forths getting all the little niggly things ironed out I had a nice fit morph for Tommy (pretty sure it will mostly fit default Dusk as well). Exported that to the TommyT for Poser folder in my GoZ folder for Hivewire figures and both loaded up fine in Poser. So here's Tommy T posed with one of my old poses (tweaked to look more natural and resaved out along with it's mirror) and Timeless Hair and the Dusk Briefs recolored to my liking.

** The Fantasy Lashes in the version of Dusk I have been using loads to the back of his head but in Poser it's still sort of visible when you mouse over the head. I don't like that sort of distraction. So in ZBrush I masked the lashes, then unhide all the rest of Dusk, invert the mask and used the resize and translation tool in ZBrush to shrink down the lashes and move them inside of Dusks head, about right over the ears. No more annoyances with those wicked things in the way. They were even casting shadows on the back of Dusk's head in Poser! Really weird as they were completely set to fully transparent. WEIRD!

Attachments

• TommyT in Poser.png
    TommyT in Poser.png
    768.5 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
As far as I understand, bringing morphs from DS to Poser should be rather quick and easy. Materials are a different story, but morphs should be fairly easy. It's typically harder to do it from Poser to DS, mostly because Poser doesn't support unimesh geometry, so morph targets exported from Poser will not work anywhere. In addition, Poser does not offer any help matching the figure scale in DS.

However, from DS to Poser it should be a rather straight forward process, like exporting your morph targets from DS using the included Poser scale preset, and then loading it back in Poser. You won't need zBrush or anything else. You can also export to CR2 from DS, and use that to create a morph injection in Poser.