• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Rae's WIP for Dawn

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks FL!

I think I might use this one as one of the promo's as it shows the eye/lip colours as well as the skins.
Kitty4Dawn MU.jpg

Think I'm ready for Beta for the Poser, now I have to start the DS Mats.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Looks real good. Just curious, are you using an existing morph for the ears? Or will it have it's own morph?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry GG, it will only be textures as I don't know anything about the other stuff (I kinda wish I did for this, it would be cool to have a Character to go with). Those ears are an existing morph from "Dawn Starter Morphs" (Feline Ears I think they are called).

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Sorry GG, it will only be textures as I don't know anything about the other stuff (I kinda wish I did for this, it would be cool to have a Character to go with). Those ears are an existing morph from "Dawn Starter Morphs" (Feline Ears I think they are called).

Oh that's just fine. I was simply curious if you had made you're own morph or was using one of the many fantasy ears for Dawn out there. Actually, I kind of like the regular ears better, but that also could be the coy pose you have on those.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums TheArtisticHermit. I hope you enjoy your stay here, and yes, Rae's done a great job on this project. ;)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Great job!
So, Poser is working but, DAZ is not? Sounds like that might be a DS problem, not a computer problem. As Poser is supposedly more RAM and CPU/GPU intensive.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I always find that Poser is slower than DS except with renders where I've loaded heaps of things into the scene. I haven't done much of that with Poser though...but just loading stuff in Poser drives me insane. I think Rae has said in another thread that she's having problems with rendering at the moment.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My computer just doesn't like to render in Daz anymore. It started with problems with Iray but now its not doing 3DL as well (trying to render a 300x300 pixel and it might do one but then it will crash on the next and wont render after restart). I even when back to earlier DS's that I never had problems with and it still does it. It overheats easily and shutdowns are common, its not just DS that does this I can just have chrome open and if I scroll too fast that can shut it down too. I can only render really simple stuff in Superfly, Firefly handles things a bit better but it will still cause shut downs if I let the computer get too hot.

I've done 3 makeup options for each body colour but I've also done mats for the lips so you can change the lipstick/natural lip colours easily (some will look better with certain colours). I've also done eye mats so you can change to what you prefer (eg: the pink tiger texture has pink eyes as default, but you might want to do green to stand out)
This is the Blue Tiger skin with makeup option 3, with pale blue eyes (the default eye texture for the Pale Pink Tiger texture, this blue texture has darker blue eyes by default) and Orange Lipstick (default is a dark blue with this MU option).

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hey Rae, have you looked at how much you have on the hard disk? If you're relying on using paging at all it can slow right down if your discs get too full. I'm having that problem at the moment as my main drive is in the red. I need a bigger drive but I have paging files set up on all my drives at the moment. Also clean out your temporary files with something like Crap cleaner might help.