• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Pugman?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Isn't he a total sweetheart?

upload_2017-7-23_1-33-7.png

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks all.

Those eyes rendered amazingly. When I loaded the texture, all I could see was those EYES, they were so shocking.

I thought I'd have to tweak the texture once I got it on Pugsley. But, I don't think I'll touch it. Other than to work on the teeth more maybe. It's supposed to look somewhat mottled, but it seems to have rendered rather greyish.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Isn't he a total sweetheart?

View attachment 27955
And I will wuv you, and pet you, and give you sloppy wet pugsley kisses and promise not to eat you or sacrifice you to the angry volcano totem!

Those eyes are a little freaky !! I can imaging falling asleep and then be suddenly awakened and having those eyes staring back at you in the dark !! LOL!! Totally awesome textures Satira !!

Last edited:

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
And I will wuv you, and pet you, and give you sloppy wet pugsley kisses and promise not to eat you or sacrifice you to the angry volcano totem!

Those eyes are a little freaky !! I can imaging falling asleep and then be suddenly awakened and having those eyes staring back at you in the dark !! LOL!! Totally awesome textures Satira !!

ROFL!! :love:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
He's looking so cool, Satira!

Those are the LESS freaky eyes??? Actually, I think that freaky effect is because they're so wide open ...see below....

And I will wuv you, and pet you, and give you sloppy wet pugsley kisses and promise not to eat you or sacrifice you to the angry volcano totem!Dunno NA - I'm not getting the "promise not to eat you or sacrifice you to the angry volcano totem"

Dunno, NA - I'm not sure I'm believing that promise, LOL. I think he lures you in with his hypnotic eyes and then BOOM!!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks. I'm glad y'all like him!

He has less freaky eyes ...
View attachment 28026
Here he is without his paint and with his pretty blue Gollum eyes.
Are the bumpy scales obvious? It may be most obvious in that light area under his jaw.
View attachment 28027

I really like the green combo, and the blue eyes make him look very calming in a way and not nearly as threatening when the face paint and eyeliner are gone. I would say freakishly cute on the last image!

Of course, then again there is the Invasion of the Body Snatchers the 70's version that could still be freakishly creepy. He's a good mix of cute and creepy for sure and your textures really bring him to life !!

He's looking so cool, Satira!

Those are the LESS freaky eyes??? Actually, I think that freaky effect is because they're so wide open ...see below....

Dunno, NA - I'm not sure I'm believing that promise, LOL. I think he lures you in with his hypnotic eyes and then BOOM!!

Could be quite possible !! ......... and then you end up like Han Solo in Return of the Jedi with the Teddy Bears ...........*cough* Ewoks!