• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Pugman?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sorry to hear about your shoulder...moving is a pain...I hate to think what I'd do if I had to move. Just thinking about all our books gives me nightmares.

I'm sure your effort will be rewarded...things take time to come together which can be frustrating I know.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OUCH!! I don't know how else to say it better but . . . I feel your pain, even if not literally.

A very good friend of mine's husband injured his rotator cuff, and only recently went back to work on "light duty" after about 4 years on long-term disability. Take care of yourself Chris, and I hope the injury heals soon.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Pugsley does look happy! I'm happy to see you had some time for him too! His hut (and furnishings) are done and have been through beta. I expect to need to tweak his texture once we have a UV'd Pugsley. I've been debating reworking an outfit I made years ago for a V4 creature. It would suit a tribal Pugsley.

Does moist heat help ease your shoulder any?

Shoulder injuries are awful. Guess it's not all that difficult to injure your shoulder either. All I did was flip a light switch as I walked past, and apparently I injured my shoulder. It took forever to heal. Of course, I didn't think to see the doctor until a regular checkup ... which was like six months later, and he gave me my first ever (and only) cortisone shot. Unfortunately, I didn't get three days of relief. I got all of maybe three hours or so. Most of which was spent napping. However, my shoulder did start healing after that. So hopefully, this will be the case for you too Chris.

I've been dealing with a knee injury for two years now. It had finally got to the point where I could make it from the parking garage to work without it screaming. We're talking a whole 900ish feet! But two days of Mental Health First Aid training aggravated it (the chairs in our conference room are atrocious), so it's back to screaming at me if I move it wrong. I barely make it 200 feet from the parking garage before I have to rest my knee :(

But ... all this will pass. Eventually, right? Then we won't even remember the pain. But some days ... it sure doesn't seem like it will ever pass. At least with childbirth, it was only 12 hours of so of incredible pain ... but then it was pretty much over. Let me tell you though ... about the time I hit 40, I started wondering what the heck was I thinking when I decided I needed to give birth with no drugs! Though honestly, I'd probably have done it natural again if I'd ever gone through it again. I still believe it was the best for the baby. (And ... I'm not exactly very receptive to taking meds ... like ever.)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Too many injuries with all of us, right? I know you're taking care of that shoulder, Chris! Sending hugs!

Pug is looking great :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Take care of that shoulder Chris. That's no fun. Back in the day when I was into bodybuilding I was always screwing myself up and later in years I paid for it. Rest it but don't keep it immobile to keep from getting frozen shoulder. Gentle!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks for the added insights, and supportive comments. Looks like we're all dealing with something in our lives that brings us challenges.

My wife has one of those rice bags, I think it is? I put it in the microwave for about 3 minutes, and then lay it across my shoulder and the heat really feels good.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
My husband uses those for his neck and back when they play up which is frequent. I don't have the physical injuries that some of you are dealing with at the moment but I have been going through some stuff at work which has left me very emotionally rocky which is why I haven't been around much the last two weeks. Luckily it seems to me slowly improving and the counselor I saw today said that he thinks I'm doing really well which is great news...

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Oh that is good to hear then Pen, the fact that a professional has shared those positive thoughts. Perhaps things will continue to improve for you then, right?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...definitely good news...I can't talk about what happened but it left the staff involved feeling emotionally rocky.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I just found your news in this thread Chris! It's good you have time to do something you enjoy again, but darn - sorry to hear about your shoulder! Take care!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yep...definitely good news...I can't talk about what happened but it left the staff involved feeling emotionally rocky.
I can only guess, and no matter what happened, I'm sure it was hard to deal with. :grouphug:

I'm glad to hear things are improving. Sometimes, just talking to someone helps, so seeing the counselor will have a good effect in the long run.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
HUGS and

SnoopyKiss.jpg