• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Project Dogwaffle Howler and Artist Sales

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I thought it would be easier for folks to follow this if there was a singular thread for when PD Howler and PD Artist go on sale at various outlets. That way I could update as I saw a sale for those who are interested, but don't want to pay full price. By the way, there is no affiliate program, so I don't get anything from doing this, I just want to see this wonderful little program gain some traction.

So to start, for the weekend:

It's just about Black Friday, but we're starting right now on the savings through the weekend.

Howler 2019 is 60% off this weekend. Please do us a kindness, and let everyone on your forums and social media know about us. We're a tiny little group of artists trying to help people get there films made and art imagined. Don't keep Howler a secret! Thanks a lot!

What's new in Howler 2019
Whats new in Project Dogwaffle Howler

Get it now
Buy Howler Digital Painter

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
PD Howler 2019 reg. $49 | PD Artist 2019 reg. $27
Still think you can't afford it? It gets even better:
YES! you can!
Year End Holiday Sale! 33% off!
This sale is automatic, no coupon needed, the coupon is applied automagically.
If you have a coupon for better discount such as for upgrading from a prior version, use it.
Click here to select the edition and version you want
https://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/sales/index.html

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well, not sure where to post this, so I'll probably cross post in my Howler thread, too.

I'm doing a webinar this Saturday, 2 March 2019, sponsored by Digital Art Live, called Tinkering with Textures. It's basically a quick and dirty way to extend your runtime resources. It is geared towards Daz Studio, although the concepts are usable in Poser. And it is going to be pointed more towards the beginner to kinda intermediate user. Basically someone who can't afford a lot of content, or want to get more uses out of they content they have, without just relying on Shaders, but are not content producers, themselves.

If you know someone who might be interested, they can register right up through Saturday!
DAZ Studio : Tinkering with Textures | Digital Art Live

I will be using PD Howler for some of the textures, but am going to try to use GIMP or PS, as well. I'm not very good with them, but for basic work, I should be okay!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well, not sure where to post this, so I'll probably cross post in my Howler thread, too.

I'm doing a webinar this Saturday, 2 March 2019, sponsored by Digital Art Live, called Tinkering with Textures. It's basically a quick and dirty way to extend your runtime resources. It is geared towards Daz Studio, although the concepts are usable in Poser. And it is going to be pointed more towards the beginner to kinda intermediate user. Basically someone who can't afford a lot of content, or want to get more uses out of they content they have, without just relying on Shaders, but are not content producers, themselves.

If you know someone who might be interested, they can register right up through Saturday!
DAZ Studio : Tinkering with Textures | Digital Art Live

I will be using PD Howler for some of the textures, but am going to try to use GIMP or PS, as well. I'm not very good with them, but for basic work, I should be okay!
The webinar when great! Lots of fun and lots of ideas explored.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Sheer Madness - the March promotion

=================================================================================

If you're not using v12 yet, you may want to upgrade now.

Use this discount code: MMXIXL - 50% off through end of March only. Hurry!

(Crazy? yeah we thought so too)

Order here: https://thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/sales
And if you have Howler 2019 (PD Howler 12) there is a free update.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
If you missed the free day, the Lite version is $22. It doesn't have any animation and a number of filters are cut out.

Personally, I'd go straight for the Artist version or the Full version, They aren't that much more expensive and the use you get out of them more than makes up for it.

Planning to add more free videos on YouTube soon to cover some of the new and very exciting additions to PD Howler 2019 (v12)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
We have an update to Howler 2021.2, build 70, with some usability changes. Please take a moment now to let your friends and social contacts know about us and remind them we're still around at our new address onhttp://www.pdhowler.com

As always, if you are a 2021 user, you can get the update by replying to this email. If you are a user of any other versions, we have upgrades available at Buy Howler Digital Painter

New in this version

• Attach one or more sounds to any specific frame of animation.
  • Reworked animation control panel
  • Invert r,g,b channels independently
  • New filter for rendering particle spark like effects
  • New non-overlapping box fitting filter
  • New lorenz attractor filter
  • Optimized post fx to speed up painting on larger images
  • Create a new layer from stored images
  • Multiple selection in the file dialog

That is the new website. The old one: thebest3d.com also still works.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Big Sale!

"Special promotion for Thanksgiving / CyberMonday
We're offering a 45% discount, automatically when you order now through end of November 2020.

Order PD Howler 14 or PD Artist 14 here:
Project Dogwaffle - because every dog likes waffles

No coupon needed, the discount is automatic. If you have an earlier version you can save an extra 5% by using the discount code available to all prior users, on Steam, Daz or other. Contact us if you need your code."

Now's a good time!