• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Products moving from one store to another-discussion

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
A while ago I made a new body sculpt for Dawn 2.0, and it was smooth as butter. Just the right amount of polys, where the mesh topology was helping me get the shapes where I needed them to be. No fighting the topology, which also means the figure poses well with the new shape. On my book, this is how a figure should be designed. After having made over a dozen body shapes for the original Dawn, I can attest Dawn 2 is superior in many ways, and gosh, the posing quality is rivers apart. I am glad I can finally say this in first hand experience. Kudos to Paul for the rigging quality, and it's not even finished yet. :)
I am on the same page here , it is something else this time , I always disliked how the original Genesis rigging was changed , the first one was so good to work with like now Dawn 2 , clothing rigging was a breeze then it was changed and I lost interest , Paul did amazing job so far, it is gonna be perfect !
And talking about the topology , anything can be sculpted from that , I did so many base shapes using just the base without subdivision in Zbrush what was almost not possible with G.
I did not go into L'F as people told me to not waste my time .

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am on the same page here , it is something else this time , I always disliked how the original Genesis rigging was changed , the first one was so good to work with like now Dawn 2 , clothing rigging was a breeze then it was changed and I lost interest,

OMG, you are the FIRST one to ever agree with me on that specific point - how the great original G rigging was lost when they changed it. Whenever people commission me to sculpt the newer Gs, I instantly miss how better the first two were, to include topology. On that aspect, D2 leaves nothing to be desired. I have found sculpting D2 easier than it was with D1, and especially the newer Gs, D2 is raising the bar.

I did not go into L'F as people told me to not waste my time .

I wish somebody would had warned me too. I have wasted days trying to get her a new shape, but... I was fighting the grid-like topology the whole time. It doesn't want to go where human features go - unless we subdivide it to oblivion, which makes that mandatory. LF cannot even pose properly without subdivision. Not for me - I expect more from a figure design.

And then I sculpted the new D2 at base resolution... it just works with very little effort. The topology helps both the sculpting AND the posing to work together. Even with my more radical body shapes, D2 didn't even need JCM pose corrections afterwards. It had been so long I wanted something like this, I almost cried.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
And then I sculpted the new D2 at base resolution... it just works with very little effort. The topology helps both the sculpting AND the posing to work together. Even with my more radical body shapes, D2 didn't even need JCM pose corrections afterwards. It had been so long I wanted something like this, I almost cried.
That why people was surprised how in the world I could do so many shapes so quickly , that is the secret ! My chimp need some JCM because some of the joints positions do not exactly are human but still could pose it to some degree without using any JCM and that was a huge surprise, I did not tried it yet on the last rig ..
I am just thinking now about animation with the Chimp and the eyes movement :whistling: it is gonna be a killer ..

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I guess I'm the odd man out. I don't find L'Homme all that hard to morph into new shapes. Conforming clothing had me cussing but then Jenn explained that I need to have his scaling set to zero, basically La'Femme's default size, then do the conforming and then scale him back up. They very much handled the creation of L'Homme as an afterthought and didn't follow through with getting his default shape, scale and rigging set up properly. He STILL has a hip rotation of a female. I made a little fix for that and have it over at the Freebie section at 'Rosity!

I'm chomping for a base rig for Dusk 2. No interest in supporting Dawn, she's already got a load of folks like you two, making stuff for her already. The boys always get left out and I know Cath has her small LIBRARY for him already LOL but can't wait to see what others do when playing in the Dusk sandbox!