• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Products moving from one store to another-discussion

Semicharm

Eager
BTW, the transfer from the old RDNA store to Daz took awhile to complete too. I believe they were able to transfer most items to customers, even the back catalogue that was no longer available for sale. It was quite an undertaking to say the least.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, I remember that, and yes eventually all my RDNA purchases showed up in my account at DAZ.

Leana

Enthusiast
Items not for sale anymore at RDNA were not transfered to your Daz account, only active ones from vendors who chose to sell them at Daz.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Some vendors refused to sell at DAZ, and of course, their products were not transferred.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I guess I was lucky in that respect, as all my RDNA purchases were transferred back then.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I believe Shaderworks and Netherworks didn't move, and basically all of their scripts were lost when RDNA shutdown. Netherworks also sold (a few) scripts at HW, but he didn't move them to Rendo. However, Rendo will bring some of Netherworks scripts back to live in Poser 12, so there is some hope.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually I believe Joe had some of his scripts at Renderosity as well as here at HW, though they weren't all the same in both stores. I had beta tested a few of his updates here in the HW store, so I remember looking to see if they were at Renderosity as well. Of course, that was quite a while ago, since he left to go work on a film, and didn't come back to creating 3D products.

As far as Shaderworks, I "think" he had some at DAZ for a very short time, and then removed them.

Willowisp

Adventurous
I bought one of Joes scripts at Rendo, so he sold at least some of them there as well. Semidieu wanted to retire completely, but since his freebie script 'advanced shaders' were necessary for so many other products, that one was moved over, but it was the only one. It disappeared in the purge that removed Semidieu as vendor. Shame, now there are plenty of products still at Daz (especially from Surreality) that won't work unless you already got the script..

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I just pulled this from the thread about transferring products from HiveWire to Renderosity, as it was taking on a life of its own separate from that topic ;). So the discussion can be continued here....

Miss B

CV-BEE
I bought one of Joes scripts at Rendo, so he sold at least some of them there as well. Semidieu wanted to retire completely, but since his freebie script 'advanced shaders' were necessary for so many other products, that one was moved over, but it was the only one. It disappeared in the purge that removed Semidieu as vendor. Shame, now there are plenty of products still at Daz (especially from Surreality) that won't work unless you already got the script..
Thanks Willow, you just reminded me he wanted to retire. I have the Advanced Shaders, but didn't realize they were necessary for so many other products.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I believe Shaderworks and Netherworks didn't move, and basically all of their scripts were lost when RDNA shutdown. Netherworks also sold (a few) scripts at HW, but he didn't move them to Rendo. However, Rendo will bring some of Netherworks scripts back to live in Poser 12, so there is some hope.
Do you know if the Shaderworks Library Manager works for Poser 11?

Dana

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Do you know if the Shaderworks Library Manager works for Poser 11?

Dana

It does, for the most part. For once, DSON has been abandoned, so we can no longer use Shaderworks Library Manager to load DS contents into Poser anymore. I sometimes get errors at Poser 11 launch because of it, but in general, it is still usable.

DanaTA

Distinguished
It does, for the most part. For once, DSON has been abandoned, so we can no longer use Shaderworks Library Manager to load DS contents into Poser anymore. I sometimes get errors at Poser 11 launch because of it, but in general, it is still usable.
Thanks, Ken! I never did use DSON. I don't see why. I'll use Genesis generations in DS.

Dana

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Ken! I never did use DSON. I don't see why. I'll use Genesis generations in DS.

Dana

I didn't use DSON either, at least not for using Genesis in Poser, but it was convenient for using DS props and hair in Poser.

Semicharm

Eager
I didn't use DSON either, at least not for using Genesis in Poser, but it was convenient for using DS props and hair in Poser.
I use it occasionally for figures and stuff in P11. While I prefer DS in general, I've grown accustomed to doing custom shaders in Poser. DS prefab shaders are nice and easier to use overall, but beyond that forget about it... At least Poser bothered to document their shader builder.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
At least Poser bothered to document their shader builder.

That's why it was so hard for me to learn DS - the lack of proper documentation for content creators. They claim DS is updated faster than they can keep up with documentation, so even for the little we have, it's likely to be already outdated. Keeping documentation updated usually requires hiring another person, and it might not pay off for DAZ since DS is given away for free. Being a paid product, Poser usually got much better documentation - most of what I know came from reading the PDF manual. That seems to be a trend between free vs paid software.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's why it was so hard for me to learn DS - the lack of proper documentation for content creators. They claim DS is updated faster than they can keep up with documentation, so even for the little we have, it's likely to be already outdated. Keeping documentation updated usually requires hiring another person, and it might not pay off for DAZ since DS is given away for free. Being a paid product, Poser usually got much better documentation - most of what I know came from reading the PDF manual. That seems to be a trend between free vs paid software.
It depends on the software, because Blender has always been free, and their manual gets updated with each version. Then again Blender has a huge community that's active in it's development, so there's probably more than one person keeping a check on the manuals.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It depends on the software, because Blender has always been free, and their manual gets updated with each version. Then again Blender has a huge community that's active in it's development, so there's probably more than one person keeping a check on the manuals.

That is true in all accounts. Blender is free, BUT it is also open source and maintained by multiple people. DS is the opposite of that - it is close-sourced, and only they can document it.