• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Products moving from one store to another-discussion

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
You need to be a PA to have a proper support and deeper documentation / tutorials for content creation and additional content creation tools and plugin. It is all there .
Basic documentation how to operate DS are there and updated often , iray shader documentations are available at Nvidia .
That's how they set their model business and their choice .

Why everything need to be always compared to Blender ? don't you love when they compare Poser to Blender ?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
When I joined HW, I wanted to support DS, and for all I know, documentation was not available. I had only found out DAZ would require becoming a vendor there years later, but again, knowing that didn't help much, since I still had no access to documentation when I needed it, and I had no plans of becoming a DAZ vendor. In the end, I have figure it out on my own, with help from HW, and also from you if you remember it back then when I got stuck - and I did get stuck often. I have learned many different software over the years, but DS was the most painful due to how documentation is handled. I am not judging - just saying I had to learn it the hard way.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Sad when you read the title of the topic and you see ...

Products moving from one store to another dimension
I swear i read the topic title like that , now I checked and is is different ? did you changed that Satira ?
or it is Mandela Effect ? lol

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
When I joined HW, I wanted to support DS, and for all I know, documentation was not available. I had only found out DAZ would require becoming a vendor there years later, but again, knowing that didn't help much, since I still had no access to documentation when I needed it, and I had no plans of becoming a DAZ vendor. In the end, I have figure it out on my own, with help from HW, and also from you if you remember it back then when I got stuck - and I did get stuck often. I have learned many different software over the years, but DS was the most painful due to how documentation is handled. I am not judging - just saying I had to learn it the hard way.
I learned everything myself , trial and error , I never read one page of documentation because in that time there was none that can help me . Same with iray shaders, learned everything from Nvidia documentations .
I just informed you where the goodies really are for those that want to become PA.. but there is also a catch ..
I am not allowed to use anything from that for making assets for Dawn 2 to sell outside DAZ store .. still it is enough to make great assets anyway

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I just informed you where the goodies really are for those that want to become PA.. but there is also a catch ..

Yeah, I wish I knew that back in the beginning. When I finally found out, it didn't matter anymore. ;p

I am not allowed to use anything from that for making assets for Dawn 2 to sell outside DAZ store .. still it is enough to make great assets anyway

What exactly can't you use on Dawn2? Even though I didn't learn anything from DAZ, I still used the knowledge to make products for Dawn1. I assume they give you something else, and that's what you are referring to? Like resources or something?

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Yeah, I wish I knew that back in the beginning. When I finally found out, it didn't matter anymore. ;p

What exactly can't you use on Dawn2? Even though I didn't learn anything from DAZ, I still used the knowledge to make products for Dawn1. I assume they give you something else, and that's what you are referring to? Like resources or something?
As PA you have access to special and additional features of Daz Studio
Just additional and more advanced features for Daz Studio that regular users don't have . I am under NDA so not really can go into details.

I am not allowed to use any of the Advanced features for Dawn 2 , and if I do I can sell it only in DAZ store .

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
As PA you have access to special and additional features of Daz Studio
Just additional and more advanced features for Daz Studio that regular users don't have . I am under NDA so not really can go into details.

I am not allowed to use any of the Advanced features for Dawn 2 , and if I do I can sell it only in DAZ store .

Oh, I see! They seem overly protective about it. I have heard the only thing they give PAs would be an option to enable/disable all Genesis JCMs from a centralized place, but we can easily make that control as a Boolean ERC, which wouldn't be a big deal. That was years ago, so maybe they offer more nowadays.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Oh, I see! They seem overly protective about it. I have heard the only thing they give PAs would be an option to enable/disable all Genesis JCMs from a centralized place, but we can easily make that control as a Boolean ERC, which wouldn't be a big deal. That was years ago, so maybe they offer more nowadays.
You can compare it to Poser vs Poser Pro , plus you have internal support, tutorials and all other stuff for education that are prepared exclusive , the Genesis system is a different animal ,to approach it you need to forget the way you doing things in Poser to some degree as many things are just an automatic process , so if you approaching DS with Poser workflow you will never find a quick way. But with your knowledge in Poser you could master it in no time and score double . Youtube have a lot of tutorials now on any subject , I just made not long time ago 2 mini tutors on simple clothing and custom shapes rigging in 10 min .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
HD morphs is a PA only feature
Not only HD morphs , additional functions for Dynamic Clothing, Strand Hair and others, on top you getting all base assets like new shapes and characters DAZ produce to work with at no cost , it is called Publishing Partner Features that are strictly connected with your account , I am DAZ PA for over 20 years . HD morphs are strictly and only allowed to be sold at DAZ and not all people get it automatic , this plugin is given only on a special request and need to be approved and paper signed . And they do not kidding if you broke the NDA .
That is only the thing I wish I could use for Dawn2 , as it could give me so much extras as making automatic detailed skin folds when the wrist bending, or add physically every pore to the skin , without the need of any maps, just straight from Zbrush to the figure on the highest resolution. It is a super plugin . Sometimes make me thinking if it is not the pixol technology Zbrush is actually using , smart pixel technology .

Willowisp

Adventurous
Well, in Poser, anyone can make HD morphs directly in the program. Just subdivide and morph away with the morph brush. Supposed to be easy to save out as a morph as well, tho I never tried so don't quote me on that :p

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Well, in Poser, anyone can make HD morphs directly in the program. Just subdivide and morph away with the morph brush. Supposed to be easy to save out as a morph as well, tho I never tried so don't quote me on that :p
I don't think you can use 45 millions poly morphs in Poser on a figure, this is not the same thing
what you doing in DS you actually importing 45 millions poly subdivided model as morph, not just the low base resolution , it have nothing to do with sculpting and people confuse it because they never used it or know how it works , I heard that before Willowisp, and that is not correct.
If I import half billion of poly morphs , Poser would shut down in a second before error message appier.

When you work in Zbrush you don't work on the actual geometry , it use pixol smart pixel technology, it is 2.5 D , you thinking you sculpting a model, but actually you sculpting just vector displacement in 2.5D dimension .. that why Zbrush can handle so high subdivisions
By importing the 45 millions into DS what the plugin is doing, it extracting the deltas details and probably convert it to sort of seamless vector displacement maps to be rendered as technically it is not possible to use 45 millions poly morph or 100 of them on one figure.
And that is not what Poser is doing as I am not sure if it already support promised in January micro-displacement

Last edited:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I think that's another thing that Poser needs. Are tools SIMILAR to some of those PA only tools for this. I'm sure it's possible but then you have to someone that's totally gungho about doing scripts and plugins like that. Probably IN HOUSE since it would be at Renderosity's discretion to share them with their PA's! BUT wouldn't it be even better if tools like that worked across platforms? Just because Poser and DS do things differently the BASES are all the same, polygons and maps. So why not?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I know Ken, and I started using DS with version 2, and then versions 3 and 4, and the documentation was always pretty much non-existent.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
If I import half billion of poly morphs , Poser would shut down in a second before error message appier.

That is pretty much a given. Poser does not handle heavy models very well. I have learned this when I tried making contents for the PE figure, which would slow Poser down considerably with just the bare figure. Maybe this will improve in the future, but for now, that's how it is.

And that is not what Poser is doing as I am not sure if it already support promised in January micro-displacement

Still waiting for micro-poly displacement. We have it only for old school Firefly, but not for Cycles materials. In part, that's probably because Blender3D Cycles didn't have it when Poser adopted it. It only came later, and has remained in experimental beta for a long time.

I know Ken, and I started using DS with version 2, and then versions 3 and 4, and the documentation was always pretty much non-existent.

Years have passed, and documentation is still restricted to DAZ vendors only. I guess the bottom line is that I do not wish to anyone what I had to go through to learn DS content creation. If not for kind help from Paul and Cath, I wouldn't had gone very far. Like Cath said, both programs do basically the same things, but in very different ways - not the kind of things we could guess based on intuition. It was so different that I even got to like how some things are done in DS, but it was brutal to get there.

Willowisp

Adventurous
I guess I misunderstood how HD morphs works in Poser then, but it's definitely possible - La Femme has them.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I guess I misunderstood how HD morphs works in Poser then, but it's definitely possible - La Femme has them.

I have tried sculpting LF's body, and with its low poly mesh and lack of a more organic topology, HD morphs are the ONLY way to make morphs for her. I have tried sculpting at base resolution, and it has proven to be pointless. Not enough polys, and I found myself fighting her topology all the way in. Therefore, you have to subdivide to get anything done, but in my book, that should be optional, not mandatory. That's a figure design decision they went for with LF.

A while ago I made a new body sculpt for Dawn 2.0, and it was smooth as butter. Just the right amount of polys, where the mesh topology was helping me get the shapes where I needed them to be. No fighting the topology, which also means the figure poses well with the new shape. On my book, this is how a figure should be designed. After having made over a dozen body shapes for the original Dawn, I can attest Dawn 2 is superior in many ways, and gosh, the posing quality is rivers apart. I am glad I can finally say this in first hand experience. Kudos to Paul for the rigging quality, and it's not even finished yet. :)

Willowisp

Adventurous
Agree, I fiddled with LF for a while, but then I gave up and have no intention of trying again. Looking forward to Dawn2