• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser Pro 11 to Include HiveWire Figures

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Chris, it's possible that some might worry that with the Poser versions of Dawn, Dusk, and Luna being included with Poser Pro, HiveWire plans to drop support for DAZ Studio. Mind you, I'd have been shocked if that were the case. So, I'm glad you confirmed HiveWire will continue to support both Poser and DAZ Studio.

But I wonder if the concern is that Dawn, Dusk, and Luna will be free for those who use Poser Pro, but not for those who use DAZ Studio.

Of course, DAZ Studio is free, while Poser Pro isn't.

Yes to a degree this concerns me. I have got the impression from what I have read that Rendo are planning on upgrading Poser in installments before bringing out a new version. Presumably if the Hivewire figures are included with Poser then they will be expected to be up to date with any new features. I'm concerned that the DS figures will end up taking a back seat as the Hivewire team is quite small and keeping up with regular updates may well be time consuming.

Hornet3d

Wise
Yes to a degree this concerns me. I have got the impression from what I have read that Rendo are planning on upgrading Poser in installments before bringing out a new version. Presumably if the Hivewire figures are included with Poser then they will be expected to be up to date with any new features. I'm concerned that the DS figures will end up taking a back seat as the Hivewire team is quite small and keeping up with regular updates may well be time consuming.

I understand the concern but it could go the other way, Hivewire becomes so successful and the team grows allowing updates to flow quicker for both Poser and DS users. Who knows what the future will bring. I hope so because, even as a Poser user, I would not like to see DS users be left behind.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
If I'm understanding you correctly tparo, you think the HW figures, most notably Dawn, will be updated for each 11.x installment of Poser Renderosity puts out to Poser users?

I don't know how often they plan to update the software before Poser 12 comes out, but considering Chris and Paul are deep into getting Dawn 2.0 out to the public, I can't believe they will abandon that just to update DawnSE, DuskSE and Luna for each of the 11.x upgrades. Those upgrades may very well come out every couple/three months. How can anyone assume the internal figures included will ALSO be updated for each of those upgrades? I'm more inclined to believe these will only be "software" upgrades each time, and not "content" upgrades as well each time.

I may very well be wrong, but I don't see any major content upgrades before Poser 12 is ready for public consumption.

AfroditeOhki

Contributing Artist
This is such exciting news! I'm so happy with the directions Poser has been taking lately, and I'm so happy with this partnership with HiveWire. The figures are excellent and they will only add to the Poser community. Cheers!

Hornet3d

Wise
As far as I can remember SM only updated the figures when each upgrade was launched, any changes to the figures between upgrades, if there were any, were bug fixes. Mind you I never used the Poser figures and if I was new to Poser today with the inclusions listed in the upcoming release that would remain the case

Then again, I am getting old so someone with a better memory will correct me if I am wrong.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, that certainly ought to raise your exposure by a factor of several. Should generate a fair bit more 3rd party support for the figures as well.

A pity it will be mostly Poser only content though. We Studio users are going to have to make a strong push to make sure that people know that there are Studio versions as well.

Or... it occurs to ask, will *both* versions be available in Poser? I'm assuming not.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Just for clarification purposes JOdel, are you talking about both versions of "content" for the HW figures?

I'm thinking content will still mostly be done by 3rd parties, so if those vendors have, up until now, been offering both versions, I can't see why they wouldn't continue to. There might be some who will go Poser only, but I just don't see DS users totally losing out just because the base characters are included with the software.

eclark1894

Visionary
I wouldn't concern myself too much. As I've read, this is mostly only a re-branding of Poser under the Renderosity/Bondware banner. And the update will mostly address issues of concern with Smith Micro's licensing. Very little if anything will be done to address any new features. This, then, is an opportune time to make the SE characters available to Poser users.

Plus, don't forget, that the Hivewire figures are rigged in DS first, so if anything, DS users would have the advantage if there was one.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE

I don't think DS users have any reason to worry about this.

These are still HIVEWIRE products, not POSER products - ie they are third party products that will be included in Poser.

Even if they weren't, I've been using Poser for a long time, and I don't recall seeing products in Poser updated for every update or version. Even if there are new features in Poser, the current products will still work (we're on Poser 11 and there's no problem using Poser 4 figures there).

It's no different than DAZ Studio. When a new version of DAZ Studio comes out, people might create NEW things that take advantage of the new technology, but they don't go back and update everything to take advantage of new features.

Ken's doing that with his birds for DS & Poser, but he's pretty unique in that ;).

Tiny

The real me
Contributing Artist
Fantastic news!
This will be extremely beneficial for Poser too. The previous characters were not keeping up the realism and development.
Am very happy for you guys. :happydance:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is definite proof that Poser is more at home with Rendo than it has ever been with SMS. Rendo can recognize the value of the HW figures, while SMS (software retailers) wouldn't understand why content was important to Poser, because they only wanted to sell it as any other software they sell at their store. Rendo obviously understands why content is important to Poser, and that is probably why this deal has worked with them, but not with SMS.

As for DS versions, I think CAs who included them before will keep doing it now. I don't see why this deal with Rendo would change or affect that. Right now I am working on a new body shape for DawnSE, and it will include a DS version as well - no matter if Dawn ships with Poser or not.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Surprise news but for once a very welcome and positive one. Congratulations all round and an extra well-done guy's to Hivewire! :wow:

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
This is really cool! Are these new models something we can download if we already have Poser Pro 11?

Yes, they will be included in the update to Poser 11.2 due out in a few days. I think they actually delayed the release for a couple of days so Hivewire can get the files ready for the release.

As will an "education" version of La Femme and some content for her.

All of the old, outdated content will be removed from Poser to make room for quality, updated content like this. The old content will be placed on an online file server for those who might wish to download and install it from zip files.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums Oldcode and Not Myself Lately. Always good to see new members here. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Welcome to the HiveWire forums Oldcode and Not Myself Lately. Always good to see new members here. :)

Yes welcome to both of you, I hope you stick around and have fun, it looks like things are going get interesting, even more that normal.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome to HiveWire, Oldcode and Not Myself Lately !

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
All of the old, outdated content will be removed from Poser to make room for quality, updated content like this. The old content will be placed on an online file server for those who might wish to download and install it from zip files.

That's good news, and what a coincidence - this is how people have been suggesting at the SMS forums for years! :p