• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser Pro 11 to Include HiveWire Figures

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I am waiting on the upgrade and hoping it will be better.
It does sound as if it will have some added plugins and features that will b great.
Nice that some Hivewire figures will be included, like Dusk SE and the Gorilla.
I still don't have them. :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Chris, it's possible that some might worry that with the Poser versions of Dawn, Dusk, and Luna being included with Poser Pro, HiveWire plans to drop support for DAZ Studio. Mind you, I'd have been shocked if that were the case. So, I'm glad you confirmed HiveWire will continue to support both Poser and DAZ Studio.

But I wonder if the concern is that Dawn, Dusk, and Luna will be free for those who use Poser Pro, but not for those who use DAZ Studio.

Of course, DAZ Studio is free, while Poser Pro isn't.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Chris, it's possible that some might worry that with the Poser versions of Dawn, Dusk, and Luna being included with Poser Pro, HiveWire plans to drop support for DAZ Studio. Mind you, I'd have been shocked if that were the case. So, I'm glad you confirmed HiveWire will continue to support both Poser and DAZ Studio.

But I wonder if the concern is that Dawn, Dusk, and Luna will be free for those who use Poser Pro, but not for those who use DAZ Studio.

Of course, DAZ Studio is free, while Poser Pro isn't.

Poser users will get our HiveWire content as mentioned free with Poser Pro 11.2, and in exchange we will be marketed within the app and potentially gain new customers and more support for our base figures. Which is a solid deal.

We've dont have the relationship with DAZ to include our content with them, and I'm certain they have no interest.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Absolutely!

It's a fabulous opportunity for HiveWire, and it will make Poser included content just a wee bit more valuable.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I think it will be great exposure for Hivewire products.
There were a lot of people who did not shop here, or Renderosity either.
The shopped mostly at Contentparadise.

Michele

Eager

I can't speak for any other DAZ Studio users, but I always figured there was more future growth potential for the HW figures in the Poser marketplace than in the DS one, since DS has a huge stable of Genesis figures and regularly roll out new ones.

Add-on content drives this market. All the Genesis base figures are free, but buying content for those free figures is where all the fun (and budget wrecking) is at. :)

I'm glad there will be continued support for DS users, and I'm hoping Dawn 2.0 will either be free for DS users for a limited time or released with a friendly upgrade price. It's been a while, but I remember the original Dawn and Dusk were free for a while after release, and the SE editions had a nice discount.

Honestly, the only concern I have is there'd be less new content produced that would work in DS -- though there already isn't much DS-friendly content outside of the HiveWire store itself, so I guess it would be pretty much the same situation for me. But who knows? There could be surprises!

eclark1894

Visionary
Honestly, the only concern I have is there'd be less new content produced that would work in DS -- though there already isn't much DS-friendly content outside of the HiveWire store itself, so I guess it would be pretty much the same situation for me. But who knows? There could be surprises!

I'll say it again.... "whaaaaaaa?" Working on my Poser Directory, I can tell you that is definitely NOT the case. Without a doubt DAZ is the biggest, but just about every other store has loads of Genesis content. Your biggest worry would be what NUMBER Genesis.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm so curious to see the new Poser! Will they have a set up similar to Daz where you can search for new products right from the program?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I'm so curious to see the new Poser! Will they have a set up similar to Daz where you can search for new products right from the program?

I don't know about "like DAZ" because I don't use it, but there IS a search feature included in Poser 11.2 directly to the Renderosity store. On the search tab, you can now search locally (on your hard drive) or on Renderosity with the click of an icon.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't always need to use the search feature, but when I do, I can usually find what I'm looking for with it.

It's simple to use.
Click the Search tab
Enter search term
Select Category. In this case, I searched Props. You can also filter the results by tags.

Once located, click the thumbnail to load from the Search results, or right click the thumbnail and select Show in Explorer or Locate.
  • Show in Explorer opens (in Windows 10 case) File Explorer with the result highlighted
  • Locate switches back to the Library and opens the folder for the file.

1568348064043.png

Michele

Eager
I'll say it again.... "whaaaaaaa?" Working on my Poser Directory, I can tell you that is definitely NOT the case. Without a doubt DAZ is the biggest, but just about every other store has loads of Genesis content. Your biggest worry would be what NUMBER Genesis.

Sorry for the confusion! I was referring specifically to content for the HiveWire figures, and the store here has been very good about supporting its DS users.

I wish there was more support for Dawn, Dusk, and Luna in general. It's great when there are both DS and Poser versions of a product, but of course that's not always going to be possible.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I don't always need to use the search feature, but when I do, I can usually find what I'm looking for with it.

It's simple to use.
Click the Search tab
Enter search term
Select Category. In this case, I searched Props. You can also filter the results by tags.

Once located, click the thumbnail to load from the Search results, or right click the thumbnail and select Show in Explorer or Locate.
  • Show in Explorer opens (in Windows 10 case) File Explorer with the result highlighted
  • Locate switches back to the Library and opens the folder for the file.

View attachment 51070

Yah I use that all the time. I have to admit DAZ makes it real easy to see what you don't have. Was wondering if Poser was going that way. I would post a screen shot but I don't see it right now.

Edited: Just found it it's the Smart Content Tab.

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
I don't know about "like DAZ" because I don't use it, but there IS a search feature included in Poser 11.2 directly to the Renderosity store. On the search tab, you can now search locally (on your hard drive) or on Renderosity with the click of an icon.
I don't get product or store-specific, but one of the purposes of the Poser Content Directory is to help you find content for Poser regardless of what store you shop at. Content is broken down into categories to help simplify your search. And there's even a listing of Online stores, of which Hivewire is present, so you can exercise your choice of where to shop.

The thought has occurred to me to add a DS Content Directory, but for now, it's just out of reach.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I left the search field empty, so it brought up new Poser products in the store.........but......if you click on the Cloud in the search field, instead of the folder, it will search the Renderosity store for your request.

StoreSearch.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This is so cool! I was always impressed with how Daz incorporated that right into the program.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
The HiveWire flagship characters add so much to the appeal of the Poser Pro 11 with quality and well thought out characters!! Congratulations guys! Need some plants and a cat and a dog a few birds and moths! *wink* Now hopefully we can get Catula and Grimalkin set up for Poser also for the House Cat. We are working on it!

Last edited:

Hornet3d

Wise
I am an out and out Poser user and have been for years but I am thrilled that the Hivewire family of figures will still be available to DS user, not that I doubted for a moment that would be the case. They may have to pay for the figures but that is down to the different approaches to the business of the relevant owners and outside the scope of Hivewire. Lets hope the wider exposure will increase the content available for both software users.