• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser Pro 11 to Include HiveWire Figures

Hornet3d

Wise
Will have to buy them I guess.

Well I would imagine that the majority of Poser people in these forums have already purchased a lot of there figures so that is not really any different to DS users. Despite that there is clearly a great deal of excitement in this announcement even though it does not directly benefit many. What it does do is give Poser another lease of life should also bring many more people into the Hivewire fold which will benefit us all. It should also mean that the content providers may begin to look at the Hivewire family and Poser in a new light as there will be a growing number of users with Hivewire figures in their runtimes. This should be of benefit to both Poser and DS users in the longer term.

Many will know that I am not the number one fan of Renderosity but this is certainly a good choice by them and a sign that Poser might well be in good hands. It may not bring me back to the Rendo forums, well not as a poster anyway, but I could well return as a customer.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
@Hornet3d .True words. Most of the people here have the Figures and Animals from here already purchased. I have still a few on my wish-list, like Luna Baby ,the Gorilla as example, and I will purchase them ASAP, does not matter if they are included in Poser or not. (Want the DS versions too, so anyway the only way). My hope is really that they get excellent support this way (included in Poser 11). I remark the lack of support when I made my promos for the village. Not much outfit exist for Dawn and Dusk which would fit the criteria .In near future I would really love to make my promos only with HW figures ,or at last 70% of it. I am not a character creator or outfits. I do a few outfits, but need way to long, so hope for other talented people who will help me out of my misery :D

Renderosity is okay for me. I am anyway no forum troll, buy what I like and whatever shop it is. I only have restriction on some Vendors where I buy 0 , no matter how beautiful their stuff is. But they are only a handful on my Black list ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
@Hornet3d .True words. Most of the people here have the Figures and Animals from here already purchased. I have still a few on my wish-list, like Luna Baby ,the Gorilla as example, and I will purchase them ASAP, does not matter if they are included in Poser or not. (Want the DS versions too, so anyway the only way). My hope is really that they get excellent support this way (included in Poser 11). I remark the lack of support when I made my promos for the village. Not much outfit exist for Dawn and Dusk which would fit the criteria .In near future I would really love to make my promos only with HW figures ,or at last 70% of it. I am not a character creator or outfits. I do a few outfits, but need way to long, so hope for other talented people who will help me out of my misery :D

Renderosity is okay for me. I am anyway no forum troll, buy what I like and whatever shop it is. I only have restriction on some Vendors where I buy 0 , no matter how beautiful their stuff is. But they are only a handful on my Black list ;)

I purchased the village for a number of reasons, firstly because I loved it, of course, but also because it was good value for money, was here at Hivewire and I like to support vendors who create for Poser. I have quite a selection of props that will work with the village and I am slowly building a scene which I hope to complete and render soon. I have only two Dawn outfits that will work for a scene of this type and that is because others do not exist. Even V4 struggles for outfits that would work in comparison to the normal output for V4.

Renderosity went on my blacklist a few years ago and I clearly remember why but this is not the place to relive negativity. Before that I spent a great deal there. With the purchase of Poser they sort of slipped into my grey list and I took a watching brief. If they continue to progress in line with the news here I could very well start spending there again, particularly if the Hivewire figures show signs of improved support. I sincerely hope this works well for both parties, others have had their chance and blown it so they can hardly complain now.

Sadly it will take a lot longer for me to be active on Rendo forums, although I have started lurking in their forums after years of not going there, I guess I have been spoilt here at Hivewire in the intervening years.

Darryl

Adventurous
This is great news and surprising as I assumed Rendo would be including La Femme and her upcoming male counterpart and try to double down on their own content. Including HW figures as well as a link to their store indicates a different and perhaps smarter approach. It appears as well that this is part of them updating Poser's tired and crusty included content to things people may actually want to use. Bravo!

eclark1894

Visionary
La Femme is also included with Poser. I haven't used her yet, because I still favor Dawn, but it will be nice to have her included as well.

Roberta

Eager
For what concerns the new version of Dawn instead (I can't find the link to the topic anymore) everything goes on ...?

eclark1894

Visionary
Many will know that I am not the number one fan of Renderosity but this is certainly a good choice by them and a sign that Poser might well be in good hands. It may not bring me back to the Rendo forums, well not as a poster anyway, but I could well return as a customer.

Well, it brought SnarlyGribbly back, so I'm as happy as a pig in sl--:sneaky:

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I purchased the village for a number of reasons, firstly because I loved it, of course, but also because it was good value for money, was here at Hivewire and I like to support vendors who create for Poser. I have quite a selection of props that will work with the village and I am slowly building a scene which I hope to complete and render soon. I have only two Dawn outfits that will work for a scene of this type and that is because others do not exist. Even V4 struggles for outfits that would work in comparison to the normal output for V4.

Renderosity went on my blacklist a few years ago and I clearly remember why but this is not the place to relive negativity. Before that I spent a great deal there. With the purchase of Poser they sort of slipped into my grey list and I took a watching brief. If they continue to progress in line with the news here I could very well start spending there again, particularly if the Hivewire figures show signs of improved support. I sincerely hope this works well for both parties, others have had their chance and blown it so they can hardly complain now.

Sadly it will take a lot longer for me to be active on Rendo forums, although I have started lurking in their forums after years of not going there, I guess I have been spoilt here at Hivewire in the intervening years.

Thank you . I am happy you like the Village.
Honestly , was not so far away to model an outfit for Dawn for the promos. But at last I decide to take the animals and use an Dynamic outfit for her.
Would take way to long and my sanity was anyway in danger because this project take already to long. :whistling:

I never posted much in the Rosity Forums. Was also absent a while there because I could not stand this never ending flaming war anymore Poser vs DS.
Now since a while I am back there, but mostly just reading.

quietrob

Extraordinary
The peace and safety of the Hivewire Forum is one of life's blessings. I stopped posting over and going there years ago when a vendor just insulted me and all other Poser users and Rendo itself and nothing was done. I simply ignore any of the bashing now having went through things a bit tougher then some assh*le vendor flaming my likes. I think it's a little better now. I'll try and be more active here.

I do miss my friends.