• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

plumbing/leak DISASTER hit...

Hornet3d

Wise
You have my sympathy and I have some idea of the problem as this was the scene that greeted us when we returned from holiday a few years ago.

Damaged_Floor!.jpg
Damaged_Floor2.jpg

At first we thought one of our aquariums had cracked but it turned out to be a pinhole in a water pipe under the sink in the kitchen. Although we had turned the water off we had not drained the storage tank. God knows what I would have looked like if we had not turned the water off.

I know the hassle this creates afterwards so I wish you the very best and hope you have it sorted soon.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Wow that is some amount of bad luck Lyne. I hope you used up all your bad luck with this and you have plain sailing afterwards, forever!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
wow, Hornet! :/
I had the plumber re do the whole bathroom wall, BUT he warned that the horizontal pipes in the ceiling could go and ruin the wall again... my son is coming to help rebuild the wall in the half bath in about a month, then I'll have my plumber guy back out to finish off the seating of the toilet and put the sink back...AND I'll have him give me an estimate on the whole house's pipes...I just CAN'T live with this threat...I've been having nightmares about leaks... I go around looking UP at the ceilings downstairs, and in the bathroom cupboards under sinks DAILY... I decided with my health problems and needs, I may as well continue 'investing' in this home, rather than buying another home...with problems I don't know about...I mean, heck, I already invested $7K in my AC/heating system/filtration! slowly I'll end up with a new home I guess. I feel MUCH better, knowing my son's been dealing with plumbing leaks and repairing ceiling dry wall too... what a help! But the stress is still driving my art... I'm just fiddling with new centaurs for my "part 2" art piece...and once that HW LION is out, I'll have a LOT of inspiration and joy using it!!

I'm working on a Dusk 'leopard kitty taur' to be the parent to my Mom and little girl... and I need to make a Dusk 'king' for the princess to have wed too...

Anyway, sorry I'm not so active in the forums right now, life is a lot of work...and will be for a while yet...

plus my OLD TV gave me warning signs so now I need to invest in a new TV flatscreen and stand too... I mean, with no kitty cat, I'd really croak if I couldn't have my TV shows to watch and fall asleep with.... sigh... such is life...

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hang in there, Lyne. You will get through this.

:flower02:

McGyver

Energetic
Hey, sorry to here that this happened again... Are these really old pipes, and are they copper?
I sympathize with you on the water, this house is 101 years old and steam pipes keep bursting... It's very frustrating... And I sympathize with you on the TV too... Last Wednesday our big living room TV bit the dust after only 5 years... We had to replace it. No warnings, it just stopped working.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Sooooo the last (?) chapter commencing:

My plumber came today, used his odd, sci fi copper pipe finding wand, and figured out where my water pipes go,
THEN we decided together where we wanted the NEW pipe work to go, and he set up the FOUR DAYS it would take,
next week to do this (because of my health, I have to be here while it's being done, and it's VERY STRESSFUL, ....
BUT not as stressful as sitting in my home waiting for the next pipe leak!!) Then he gave me the quote...so now it's
just do all I can to prepare ahead for 4 days of staying out of my downstairs areas he will be working on...the one upstairs
bathrooms can be re-piped via a back closet wall, INSTEAD of opening up my bathroom walls where the pipes are- so that
is a very good thing! (and good I had cleaned out those closets that back on that bathroom a long time ago!!). It will be
scary BUT amazing, I'm sure. I have a plumber I trust implicitly. He's very proud of his 'craft' and I've learned a lot from him.
He is kind, patient and understanding of my health.

My son had repaired two walls where I had the latest leak and my plumber re-piped that half bath walls so far
(but has to do re-routed ceiling pipes in that room too) then my son and the family will come back and close up all the
ceilings and walls from the first leak, and all the new routed ceiling pipes for me after this is done too!
(of course I pay him for his help and materials!)

MAYBE life will settle down after this!??! Please? ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sounds like you have everything well planned out, and here's hoping everything works well going forward. It will definitely be a lot less stressful for you. :grouphug:

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I'm glad you have such a good and understanding plumber, here's hoping he can sort out all the piping so well that you never need to see him ever again (professionally, that is).

Hornet3d

Wise
Sooooo the last (?) chapter commencing:

My plumber came today, used his odd, sci fi copper pipe finding wand, and figured out where my water pipes go,
THEN we decided together where we wanted the NEW pipe work to go, and he set up the FOUR DAYS it would take,
next week to do this (because of my health, I have to be here while it's being done, and it's VERY STRESSFUL, ....
BUT not as stressful as sitting in my home waiting for the next pipe leak!!) Then he gave me the quote...so now it's
just do all I can to prepare ahead for 4 days of staying out of my downstairs areas he will be working on...the one upstairs
bathrooms can be re-piped via a back closet wall, INSTEAD of opening up my bathroom walls where the pipes are- so that
is a very good thing! (and good I had cleaned out those closets that back on that bathroom a long time ago!!). It will be
scary BUT amazing, I'm sure. I have a plumber I trust implicitly. He's very proud of his 'craft' and I've learned a lot from him.
He is kind, patient and understanding of my health.

My son had repaired two walls where I had the latest leak and my plumber re-piped that half bath walls so far
(but has to do re-routed ceiling pipes in that room too) then my son and the family will come back and close up all the
ceilings and walls from the first leak, and all the new routed ceiling pipes for me after this is done too!
(of course I pay him for his help and materials!)

MAYBE life will settle down after this!??! Please? ;)

A year or two ago we had are central heating boiler changed and because it was a different type it was installed in an airing cupboard upstairs rather than downstairs in the living room (behind the fire). The old boiler was fed by a water tank in the loft whereas the new one had was plumbed into directly into the mains water supply. As you can imagine this required a lot of water and gas piping to be changed and re-routed. The whole job was planned to take four days which I dreaded but the plumber did a great job and finished it in three. I hope you work goes as well as mine did and all is well......keep thinking of life without the fear of another leak.

Finger crossed life will settle down for you once this is all over.