• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

plumbing/leak DISASTER hit...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I'm so rattled...they wanted me to leave but I CAN'T due to my complex health/food prep needs... so it's going to be ROUGH for a week to 2 weeks... I have a TRUSTED BBB company I have had before, they are demoing right now, and will put it all back together after... my home-owners insurance may help, may not, but for NOW on this holiday weekend, I needed the MOLDY WET carpet/wall sections removed for my safety... they have an 'air scrubber' going... that and fans will have to be here for at least 3 days 27/7.... noisy but me and Nickie can't move out of the one kitchen/family/TV room! I need to use it...

So one thing at a time and just trying to keep my stress level down... what with workers needed to come into my rooms in the flu-ridden winter... (the guys are healthy and know they need to be).... ah life, right!? :cry:

Not sure how much I will be 'around' - so chaotic right now.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
and now they HAD to turn my water off, so got emergency plumber coming... but SCARED=- SLAB IS WET!! :(

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yikes Lyne!

Hope everything gets taken care of quickly and that you're able to keep your stress levels down.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Deep breaths, Lyne - hang in there!!!

{{HUGS}}

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thank you all!

JUST found out it's probably not the slab.... plumber coming now, got Farmer's claim # and Adjuster's name/number. Feeling more hopeful, tho still MASSIVELY stressed.

My companies are TOP RATED compassionate guys, my Farmers Insurance has NEVER let me down... hope I get water back on today. could now see water dripping out of a huge wall pipe. Still waiting on the plumber... demo guys left for a meal and will return... Nickie still locked in tiny half bath, I'm up 'here' with computer.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Do some art - that might help you de-stress!!

{{HUGS}}

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Best wishes Lyne. Sounds like you've got the right teams on your side who are going to do their best to get things sorted quickly! :grouphug:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Wow, talk about stressful. Here's hoping it all gets fixed quickly. :grouphug:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ok... plumber left, it was IN THE WALL .... a pin-hole in copper tubing?! sheesh! MAJOR parts of my walls gone, mold all over, half my carpet gone and some of my linoleum in kitchen.... got plumber coming back for another leak-fix in sink, my demo guys tomorrow to demo more wall, then 'process the air' in the little room around he built with drop sheets-floor to ceiling around the 'infected' area... this room has a dehumidifier in it and an air-scrubber. After he finishes more 'demo' he will spray stuff that kills mold to clean/cure the air/surfaces for 24 hours... got to call the plumber co. and set up return trip for drain leak, talk to the adjuster, and also going ahead with my GE fridge repair guy-...will admit we had to move it, (take doors off...replace them) need him to check on the whole unit - it's doors do NOT swing shut... so it will cost, as it's not a warranty thing, but better to make sure it's set up/working properly.

Next meet with 3rd party to certify the mold IS gone, so then I meet with project manager another day to decide how to rebuild/replace things... I can't deal with heavy SMELLS/FUMES from paint, will have to live with 'dry wall' unpainted... and I have to find SAFE flooring... JUST read that vinyl interlocking tiles can be NOXIOUS with fumes, not safe for children or ME... might just opt for indoor/outdoor carpet... have to find out what's safe!! I do trust my company to help me figure that out...but a BUNCH of visits more 'due' and every single one adds stress - as I can't eat/rest/prepare my special diet stuff in peace...

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
What a huge mess :(.

Just sending hugs, Lyne - hang in there!!!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
problem IS with my health/sensitivities even painting a wall and putting down new flooring is a HUGE problem... as I am super allergic/sensitive... so not sure how much I will have to just 'make do' with and say NO to some aspects.... my home that is my haven/protection sort of 'turned on me' in a way, so feeling so insecure and stressed on how to deal with it. but yes, I do have good companies/people to advise/help... repair... so we'll see...

McGyver

Energetic
Sorry to hear about what happened.
On the bright side... At least there were no rabid zombie skunks...
Right?... I mean I didn't miss that... Did I?
I get the frustration... I live in a hundred year old house with a hundred year old steam system... It actually started out as coal... moved on to oil and ten years ago to gas... None of which anyone really needs to know or cares about, but it's old and decrepit and constantly leaking.
With the exception of a big blowout last year, 90% of the time I end up fixing it... Mainly because as I'm sure you have found out, it's only slightly less expensive to build your own working space shuttle then to replace a few pipes.
I feel like Scotty trying to keep the Enterprise from blowing up sometimes.
I fix a pipe, the thermocoupler in the furnace pops, fix that, the radiator valves need repacking, fix that, the big 1950s fluorescent light fixtures in the basement die, replace that, the roof under the upstairs window leaks and the ceiling falls down... On me... Fix that, the washing machine finds a hollow spot under concrete basement floor and breaks through...
That I left because now I don't have to go looking for the washing machine after every spin cycle... It actually stays in it's little hole... It gets shorter and shorter every wash, but I'm sick of chasing it around and maybe it'll uncover some pirate gold hidden under the house...
That would be nice...
What really sucks is old houses like this are supposed to be stuffed full of gold, old money and stock certificates... But so far all I've ever found is old newspapers and dead birds.
That and my dear little daughters are constantly finding new things for me to fix...
I'll be in the middle of fixing one thing and I'll hear: " Daaaaad.... The shower handle broke... I tried to do a chin up and it fell off when the pipe came out... " .... "Daaaaad... How come come the refrigerator door comes off so easily..." "Daaaaad which kind of fire extinguisher do you use for burning plastic?"... "Daaaaad... There is a big hole the shape of my sister in the living room wall!"...
The worst part is they always act like they just discovered it and had nothing to do with it... They will be chasing each other around and then announce a chair fell out the window... Like as if it was balancing on the window sill or a breeze carried it off...
Most normal kids run off and don't say anything hoping they will be off to college or living somewhere else by the time you notice the dining table broke in half...
But they immediately call attention to it and then act like "would ya look at that... Amazing that the toilet ended up turned around like that... How'd ya suppose that happened... You know.... You really should fix that..."
Fun stuff.
Well, I'm sorry to try and commiserate with my tales of stupidity, but I thought it might cheer you up, but then I thought some more and after the thinking stopped hurting, I came to the conclusion that it might be depressing or stressful.
Most of my writing is stressful, but writing about home disasters to someone in the middle of a disaster probably isn't conducive to their wellbeing.
I hope your reconstruction proceeds effortlessly and quickly and is over with no problems as soon as possible.
Good luck.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So sorry to hear about your plumbing issues. I know how difficult all of that can be to deal with. My town was hit with a massive flood several years ago. I was lucky in that I live on the second floor, so my apartment wasn't directly affected, and the HOA were I live was proactive in tearing out any carpeting and drywall that got wet to prevent mold but. . . they didn't count on the fact that since the entire city was full of people tearing out drywall and carpet, the trash company couldn't keep up with demand to haul stuff away. Even people who had trucks and tried to take stuff to the dump themselves spent hours parked 'in line' while try to dump stuff. Which meant that all that moldy carpet and drywall spent about a week or two piled up outside my window.

I also have breathing issues, and it was a very rough time.

So my thoughts are with you. I know how hard it can be to deal with all that. I hope everything get's sorted out. Even if you have great insurance there's something about having a hole in your wall while trying to get everything fixed that is jut so psychologically trying.

:grouphug: