• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

plumbing/leak DISASTER hit...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@McGyver ..thanks...my 'laugh mechanism' is broken...as I am sooooo tired. Last night I was in fear of dying of smoke/fire as the "sealed room" full of fans, dehumidifyers, air scrubber, etc. was HOT and the plastic was hot...kept having to re-tape parts down... but called my demo guy this am, he said all that is normal... they want it to get HOT... but I have to run my AC in winter to try and cool the house, and I run the filtration system 24/7 to give myself clean cooler air... it's just exhausting!

He's due back at 9:30 with the insurance adjuster on Wed. am and IF I'm lucky the surfaces will be dry... poor little Nickie is locked in the half bath nearly all the time, as I'm afraid to leave him un-attended.... afraid the plastic sheeting will get loose and he'll go IN that area! :( I'll get through it all...by SHEER WILLPOWER, but it's wrecking havoc with my FM... I hurt, can't rest, can't relax.... but doing my best.

Thanks for all your comments.... so true Gadget Girl.... when one has breathing problems, the world is so harsh...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I think things will ease up a bit now... my demo/rebuild guy came this am, said one more 'noisy' day with the air blowers but too said the hot air is RIGHT for this...and GOOD NEWS: I do NOT have to have a 'mold gone certification'.... there is such a small percentage of mold, it's not needed.. indeed they would not even 'tent' the area, but for my fragile lungs. The Insurance Adjuster had a small emergency and had to post pone till tomorrow, but same hours- Cody at 9 am (argh! yawn!!) and the Adjuster at 9:30. Cody hopes to take the machines OUT and make the area (assuming the one really wet board DOES dry!) in the am, and after they leave, I'M FREE FOR FOUR DAYS!! I need, desperately to have time to 1. rest/relax and 2 to bake bread (Friday) and steam cook my fresh chicken tomorrow, before it has to be frozen.... I eat so few things, I'm running out - I need the days to get ahead again... I'm HOPING the Project Manager will come make arrangements on Monday to decide on flooring etc.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
YAY, glad things are getting better. Sounds like you have a great team.
{{HUGS}}

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
The affected area is BONE DRY today!! All noisy machines removed! Insurance Adjuster came and took such meticulous and precise measurements with interesting computer programs that create a view of my rooms- it has a 3D view too...told her it was like being a 'reverse architect'! LOL! Next comes a check mailed to me and a visit from the construction company's estimator- HE is the guy who will know all about types of paint/flooring, etc... and some BIG decisions on my part! But other than having to lock Nickie in the half bath at night, until the walls/cupboards are solid again, life will be easier I'm thinking! (I don't trust him with plastic sheeting and just will NOT chance him clawing open that area and crawling into the WALLS!) *horrors*! Poor little guy is being so patient, but is even more cuddly when I can be in the family room with him....

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sounds like the reconstruction is coming along nicely, and it's good to hear all the noisy machinery is gone. I'm sure everything will get easier for you from now on.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
sigh... the latest...

I'm still hassling my house damage problems since the water pipe burst.... want so badly to get it done, it's been a MONTH + and I've been ignored on the REPAIR part (demo went fine, mold GONE) so lost confidence in the co. and called my Insurance company to get names of other contractors that may do the job for me in a timely fashion! I demanded an ITEMIZED BILL from the co. that I owe for the emergency demo/drying parts. (plumber I paid out of pocket). sigh. Now I have some names of other construction co's to research and call...

BUT NOW I understand that the 'mitigation' (ie: the emergency repair/demo work) is a SEPARATE billing from my 'demo' company to be sent to my insurance company... the demo co had NOT billed them yet, and I got confused... but got that all straightened out when my demo guy had to come pick up some equipment this am - he took a photo of my insurance co's letter that said basically: we are going to close this part of the bill if we do not get an invoice in 5 working days...so I told my guy to hurry and get on it.... that NOW I understand the check I got was JUST for the REPAIR of all the demo stuff.... gosh... so now I'm clear on how it all gets paid...and sure GLAD the nice check I got for the repairs is JUST for that, not for all the work already done... whew!

I'm so tired and was getting ill from the uncertainty of things.... I'm sorry my demo company is backed up, but after waiting on them to communicate and move forward the last 3 weeks, I lost confidence in that part of their company...I'm not mad, just tired... and I need to take care of ME and my health... find a construction company that will just "get it done" for me now.... Which is a bit of a nerve-wracking thing- to do the research and choose a new company from the list that my insurance person gave me... !

Miss B

CV-BEE
Sorry you're having to go through more aggravation from this Lyne, but hopefully they'll get the bill out, and you'll get another check in short order. Then, hopefully, you'll be able to relax.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Well supposedly they mail the 'mitigation' payment directly to the co. but my guy said it MIGHT be a check with both my name and theirs...that I'd have to sign over to them... so we'll see. I'll spend all day Sunday researching the construction co's. my Insurance gal gave me... (she said if I was not comfortable with those, she'd give me 3 more to look into)... I HATE having to make those kind of decisions... it's so hard to really judge!! I look first if they are BBB rated, then read reviews... THEN I sort of interview them by calling and seeing how they answer the phone and talk with me.... so we'll see.

Thanks, so much for your on-going support/sympathy here... I really REALLY appreciate it! Helps me feel less alone in it all!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
another update, my epiphany!

I just spent some time walking around the 'damage area' and went DUH! I DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING NOW!!!!!!!! Other than put down some area rugs~! The kitchen (under the sink) is totally covered with heavy plastic and blocked from my poor cat (who's aging WAY too fast now, and seems to be SO FRAGILE) from getting near... and I never used the kitchen drawers there (they are in the garage full of junk I don't use)... I can JUST STOP TILL IT'S SUMMER!!!!!! Many friends I know have gotten so sick with that really nasty virus that is still going around, it's been terrifying me to "have to have" a bunch of workmen come in right now....I'm just going to tell the lady who is due to call in the am (who is SICK) in the office of the latest co. that was going to send an estimator on Wed. that I am just going to stop for now... and I'll keep their info.

I've been SO SO SO UPTIGHT and anxiety ridden since June /July when my teeth problems came to light, NON STOP...and then my oral surgery and recovery, and my need for a new AC, in the middle of all that....etc... I NEED A BREAK...and good grief, all the open walls are in the middle of the house, mold free and dry!

I do want my fridge back inside, but I can hire a GE fridge guy(s) to bring it back in later on too... My AC guys (whom I trust implicitly) come the end of May for my filter changes and check the attic - cooling coils might be able to recommend a company that can reconstruct things with my health issues in mind.... mainly this gives me TIME for two things- to STOP MY TERRIBLE ANXIETY (that is so not good for me) and to find a company that I REALLY feel safe with!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to move that $4500 I got paid by my insurance into a secondary savings so I don't spend it 'by accident' too. :)

Anyway...I just woke up my best friend to run my idea of waiting on my repairs by her (really just to talk it out and be ready for the construction lady to call in the am about the Wed. app.) and I'm already RELAXING for the first time in MONTHS!

I sort of forgot I have CHOICES.... :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Glad it's to a point you feel you can hold off and relax, Lyne!!

Miss B

CV-BEE
:yeahthat: Start taking it easy Lyne, that's how you'll get through all this.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
AND IT HAPPENED AGAIN!! :cry: http://www.lynescreations.com/pipeburst2018.htm
I need to find an unconventional way to solve my FEARS of more water pipes bursting... look at this page of photos of my half bath downstairs that went...the pinhole was actually up by the light fixture!! I had all the pipes in the wall replaced, BUT the overhead ones in the ceiling that FEED these pipes could go still... will talk to my son about those pipes, and when my plumber comes back to replace my tiny sink, REALLY talk to him about 1. re-running good pipes where I need them and possibly cutting off the old pipes to the back upstairs bathroom/sinks... trying to PREVENT major repairs if those blow...between my son coming in a few weeks to help me put my wall back and HIS knowledge of having to replace ceiling pipes and dry wall in his own home more and more lately.... and my trusted plumber, I hope to make my crazy home livable...I DON'T want to buy a new home that could have all IT'S OWN troubles!

so that's my life... I just took an anti-anxiety pill to try and stop my panicking... been having nightmares about leaks, water falling on me... I have
to figure out a plan I can live with to stop this insanity, and the terrible damage that can happen if I don't catch a leak fast enough... GALLONS of water can come out of a tiny hole in the pipes, very fast...it's crazy! I was going to put in a water filter system in the garage but before I invest in that, I need to think about where to put my $$- new pipes of good quality will not need a hard water filter in such a hurry... FYI my plumber DID say do NOT have your water softened -THAT would void your water heater warranty- just have it filter the MINERALS that cause the problem of corrosion.

Sadly my home's copper water pipes were the cheapest kind, and the hard water minerals attach inside and eat through it and create a hole... After homes were built, builders declared bankruptcy and vanished! IF I could find a smaller unit HERE, in my same development that had already been re-piped, but how would I do that? It's not something home owners would admit...plus I put in 3-4 K of high end AC/Heat/Filtration HERE.... sigh...Little did we realize when we watched it go up that we should have had a filtration system put in WAY BACK THEN...to prevent this whole issue!

Anyway, I am SO SERIOUSLY thinking of cutting off the pipes that feed the back upstairs master bedroom/bathroom...so if those are not in use, they will not cause more household damage...going to ask my plumber to think of a solution unconventionally... re-pipe through walls to just half bath and kitchen downstairs and one bath upstairs for me... I'm on a cement slab, so has to go in walls and mostly ceiling of lower floor...but hell, would rather have dry wall removed so those can be re piped... house made SUPER CHEAP with lowest grade copper ...22 years later, THIS! I'm paying for a higher grade copper pipe to replace with!! It's just got to be made livable FOR ME and my needs...so I can relax! I truly love living in this area....but my home has to "take care of me"... NOT be a source of anxiety!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is all why I'm allowing myself to just get lost in creating all my centaur creatures/art... it's my 'get a way'!