• Welcome to the new Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that for security purposes our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.
  • We are having some issues with our customized styles. The forum will be open with the default style until we can correct the issues. Thank you for your patience.
  • Welcome, Guest! A new Community Volunteers "Spin to Win" Render Challenge is now open! Come on in, spin some dials and enter your renders! We look forward to seeing you there!

phd WIP shaders

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
All compliments for arrangement should go to Lisa :) It's one of the included.

Anybody want to beta this set in the next 3-5 days? I'm finishing thumbs today.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ahhhh yes, I remember seeing that option, though I haven't had a need to do so.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
These look great! The yellow is a bit dull in the center, though. Is there a way to brighten that up. If I recall correctly, the centers of the flowers where all that geometry smashes together created dark shadows on render. At the time, (I forget what year these were made but it was quite some time ago) the only way I could solve the problem was to add an ambient glow to the flower to knock out that shadow.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, I purchased them in 2009, but I don't recall if they were brand new when I got them, so they could be older.