• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Panama Fruit Feeder Cam

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's in color again!

Panama Fruit Feeder Cam

2019-01-02 13_55_38-Panama Fruit Feeder Cam at Canopy Lodge.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Cool! And it has it's own thread! Now I can upload lots of pictures!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Wow - There was a strange looking bird at the feeder...and he stole some food for later ;)

StrangeBird.jpg

StrangeBird2.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I saw a squirrel, who actually joined the birds for lunch one day, with the old camera the middle of last month. Really looked funny when you're only expecting to see birds on the Feeder. ;)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I've seen him before at night...

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think that may be when I saw him as well, at night.

Anyway, I think I caught a Toucan with the squirrel a little while ago. Got interrupted by a telephone call, so just posting it now.

PanamaFruitFeeder-1-3-19D.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I enjoy watching the squirrel(s) as much as I do the birds. I caught him (or her) this afternoon after the birds had devoured the bananas. There just wasn't much fruit left in the bananas, so the squirrel was trying to get the last bits, and then the food guy arrived to replenish the fruit. Looks like that's the feeding you caught Alisa. It only took a few minutes for the squirrel to come back after the guy left, and he (or she) was in heaven. I wondered if that fruit left that time was plantains. Especially, since the food guy cut them diagonally instead of lengthwise.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, so you can see the caretakers when they add more food. I haven't seen that yet.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, now this guy's colorful, and I can see in the second image it's starting to get darker.

PanamaFruitFeeder-1-3-19E.jpg

PanamaFruitFeeder-1-3-19F.jpg

Oh, and I just saw the camera switch to Black & White. Interesting.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
They replenish the feeder every two hours between 7 AM and 5 PM.

The Rufous Motmot is incredibly striking in black & white.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Which one is the Rufous Motmot?

Edited to Add: Never mind. I just did a search on Wikipedia, and it's the last "colorful" bird I saw on the feeder.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I had posted this previously, but this video helps to identify the most frequent visitors to the Panama Fruit Feeder Cam

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh thanks. OK, now I know the species of some of the birds I've seen the past couple of days. ;)