• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Folks, we're so grateful for all the hard work that is being done on your awesome entries that have been coming in from day one! Some gorgeous renderings being submitted for sure.

Due to some folks being informed that submissions will be accepted til midnight on the 22nd, we're extending our submission deadline until then. This now correlates with with Ken's newsletter so we're all on the same page.

We're posting this extra 2 days in our newsletter today also. Which is really less then 2 days now.

For those of you that busted your humps to get your submissions in by the 20th, we hope this extension doesn't upset you. We do need to be fair with others that have been informed the deadline is the 22nd and stick with that. Thanks for your understanding. And to those that may need the extra time for your renders... you're welcome, :). We look forward to any more entries that may still be coming in until tomorrow night.

Whether it's GMT or Mountain time. We'll accept which ever works in your favor.

Thanks for your enthusiasm and support of this beautiful contest!

Yeah, baby!!!

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
not happy about the extension to be honest its 7.30 in the evening here in the uk, I could have done with another day and that's been now been wasted and tomorrow I'm working.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Sorry for not getting in front of this as soon as I knew we'd be extending this tparo. My bad for not mentioning that. So sorry to cause any issues for any of the artists that this would affect!

It is what it is now!

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Sorry I really don't see how this is fair, seems a bit like a private extension for a few, the end date is clear its on the first page of this thread and the last few posts have been talking about it.
How can it be fair when some people have known about the later end date 12+ hours before the rest of us.
Sorry but this has really jarred me off.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Please remove my entry I don't seem able to do it myself.

Are you serious? Do you really want your submission removed? Our date has been the 2oth. But I received a Songbird Remix newsletter stating the submission deadline was the 22nd. Neither myself or anyone else on our team thought to make the change here in the forums until today's newsletter went out.

No need for you to be so upset in my view due to a mishap on our end. We (I) made a mistake in not mentioning the extension until today. We take on a lot of different things and are juggling several projects and wearing several different hats.

Like I mentioned, I'm sorry that I didn't get the word out sooner then today. But to be fair... we've announced on April 21st that this contest is coming, and have been accepting submissions since May 2nd. There has been more then ample time to be working on submissions for this contest. I didn't open Ken's newsletter until last week, which mentioned the submission deadline being the 22nd.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Well, at least now I know mine should have made the cut without any problems. :) I wouldn't have minded knowing I had an extra day to clean up and postwork (and finish rendering), but in all honesty it probably wouldn't have helped anyway... ;)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
an extension... woohoo

I had a thought the other day so I may try and get another entry created and submitted in the few hours left ( my time ) :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Ken, you're great. Not to worry.

It's done and soon all entries will be in. Some super stuff coming in too huh?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Gallery was updated last night about 2 am Eastern.

I'll check to see if there is anything else submitted before the deadline.

Antara

Inspired
Yep. The images are outstanding! I don't envy the judges... I know for sure that I wouldn't have been able to narrow my favorites down to only 5!

But perhaps not all entries got accepted? I see mine in the gallery here, but over at submittable.com my entries are still listed as "received", not as "accepted". I asked about the status meanings before, but my question went unanswered. Does anyone know how those statuses work?