• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Need customer input on morphs (Polls)

I consider the following morphs essential to clothing I am willing to purchase:

• Creature morphs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Morphs are a lot of work and I'm trying to figure out exactly what morphs customers prefer. I am talking only about the Hivewire figures, no 3rd Party stuff.

Based on that will you please let me know which morphs you feel are essential to clothing your purchase for the Hivewire figures?

By, "essential" I mean you would simply refuse to purchase an item that doesn't contain the morphs.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, okay so this was really tough, because honestly morphs aren't one of the things I look at that much when I'm purchasing. My first instinct was to choose Body Shapes & Sizes, because that seems to make the most sense, but I changed to Character morphs, mostly because I would find a set of Dawn clothing that included morphs for Diva to be a big plus (same with Alexis and Axel).

I'm really curious now to see how others respond.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Hmmm, okay so this was really tough, because honestly morphs aren't one of the things I look at that much when I'm purchasing. My first instinct was to choose Body Shapes & Sizes, because that seems to make the most sense, but I changed to Character morphs, mostly because I would find a set of Dawn clothing that included morphs for Diva to be a big plus (same with Alexis and Axel).

I'm really curious now to see how others respond.

Yeah, I'm honestly tired of fighting with morphs and really want to find out what the customers decide adds value to a product. I spend weeks getting morphs perfect and it's a lot of work that I am going to quit doing if no one is even using them.

By that, here's what I mean...this is the Resource Kit with just one of Dawn's morphs added - Bulk. As you can see, it takes a lot of work to go from this:

DawnResourceBulk.jpg

To this:
DawnResourceBulkCorrected.jpg

And that's just ONE morph.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I assume this is Poser? Because in DS, many of those morphs will autofit just fine. And may be a good base for conversion to Poser.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If you have Poser Pro 2014, you can cut down some of the work by copying the morphs from figure to clothing. You have to unhide the morphs first otherwise they won't copy over right, then all you have to do is correct the way the morph looks in the clothing as it doesn't always translate well.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
If you have Poser Pro 2014, you can cut down some of the work by copying the morphs from figure to clothing. You have to unhide the morphs first otherwise they won't copy over right, then all you have to do is correct the way the morph looks in the clothing as it doesn't always translate well.

That IS using Copy Morphs From.....including hidden morphs

That example was created using Poser Pro 11 Copy Morphs From and then using the morph brush to clean up the resulting mess.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That IS using Copy Morphs From.....including hidden morphs

That example was created using Poser Pro 11 Copy Morphs From and then using the morph brush to clean up the resulting mess.

The red suit was before you used the copy morphs or after?

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That is quite the mess... I've never come across such a poor copy morphs from. Though I have to admit I haven't used it much.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
That is quite the mess... I've never come across such a poor copy morphs from. Though I have to admit I haven't used it much.

A lot depends on the mesh you are working on, and admittedly the Resource Base was probably not intended to be used this way. But, honestly, I have to touch every Body Shapes and Sizes morph in every piece of clothing to get them to commercial quality - FBMs and PBMs.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't think you need EVERY morph covered. Just the more popular ones, the rest are more along the lines of nice to have but not necessary. I do like that you try to include the dwarf and giant morphs in your clothes. Makes it easy to get Danny DeVito and Arnold in matching clothes if you want to do a Twins type render.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I don't think you need EVERY morph covered. Just the more popular ones, the rest are more along the lines of nice to have but not necessary. I do like that you try to include the dwarf and giant morphs in your clothes. Makes it easy to get Danny DeVito and Arnold in matching clothes if you want to do a Twins type render.

ROFLMAO. But, honestly, it's nice to hear that someone does appreciate the effort.

This is one of my favorite renders of the Dusk Jeans and Tank. I think those morphs show off the dexterity of the Hivewire figures.

JeansNewsletterDwarf02.jpg

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I've pick the top two, though I would buy stuff with only the base morphs. In all honesty for me the more morphs there are in a item the more likely I am to not only get it but use it too. I have picked up a few things that have few to no morphs with the idea that I have the tools to add the morphs in that I want and never get round to it so the item sits unused in my runtime.
Just to add some thing slightly on a tangent, one of my biggest pet peeves with morphs is when you are doing a fuller figured gal and you end up with boob socks :somad: it just looks wrong. Not even lycra dose that

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
AFTER.

Copy Morphs From

Then start down the list dialing each morph to 1 to check them.

The white is after I cleaned up the mess.

You know I was curious about that when I saw your post, so I tried doing the same thing, and found that the morph didn't seem to copy at all. I got the same result as you using the resource kit. Normally however I get really good results. But. . . wierdly not with the Body Bulk morph, and a couple others from the Starter INJ pack. They don't actually seem to copy over at all. I tried to dial them in without conforming the item, and nothing changes in the shape. It's like these morphs aren't really there even though they act on Dawn.

On the other hand I was able to get the morphs from the BodyShapes pack to transfer pretty nicely. So for instance here's Body Bulk, and then Body Chubby on the same dress.

Which might be a practical reason not to do the Starter INJ, because they just don't seem to want to transfer, while other ones do.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
You know I was curious about that when I saw your post, so I tried doing the same thing, and found that the morph didn't seem to copy at all. I got the same result as you using the resource kit. Normally however I get really good results. But. . . wierdly not with the Body Bulk morph, and a couple others from the Starter INJ pack. They don't actually seem to copy over at all. I tried to dial them in without conforming the item, and nothing changes in the shape. It's like these morphs aren't really there even though they act on Dawn.

On the other hand I was able to get the morphs from the BodyShapes pack to transfer pretty nicely. So for instance here's Body Bulk, and then Body Chubby on the same dress.

Which might be a practical reason not to do the Starter INJ, because they just don't seem to want to transfer, while other ones do.

Yeah, there's little rhyme or reason to which ones fail so badly. As I said part of it is the mesh - the more low poly the worse the morph transfer is.

Lyrra Madril

Eager
Contributing Artist
...... did I never release the Dawn bodyshapes morph fit magnets? oh dear.

So Um Glitterrati ... do you think I should finish up and then publish the Dawn bodyshape morph fit magnets? it would probably make your life easier with some of these. I don't think I have all of them, and I have no idea what distracted me .... ADHD is a curse. So I'll have a look and see what needs to be finished up.

I've found that certain morphs don't transfer on certain figures. V4's torso width I think never goes, and neither do some of the m4 freak morphs. I think it has to do with internal coding. Poser can be a little stupid and morphs that are stacked commands probably baffle it. Oddly I've found I have the best results running clothing through the standalone program Morphing Clothes, and then checking in Poser, adding the ones that MC doesn't catch and then smoothing what needs smoothing. Almost every breast morph ever needs adjusting to avoid vacuum cleavage. These days the only one I really use magnets for is Heavy, since most automated programs really mash up the stomach region and with magnets I can get a cleaner deformation on the waistband.

also - if you have poser 11 you can right click on any morph and bring up a menu box to pick 'Edit morph' which brings up the morph brush with the morph already loaded in and ready to edit. Super time saver :)

LM

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
...... did I never release the Dawn bodyshapes morph fit magnets? oh dear.

So Um Glitterrati ... do you think I should finish up and then publish the Dawn bodyshape morph fit magnets? it would probably make your life easier with some of these. I don't think I have all of them, and I have no idea what distracted me .... ADHD is a curse. So I'll have a look and see what needs to be finished up.

If you did, I haven't found them.

I've found that certain morphs don't transfer on certain figures. V4's torso width I think never goes, and neither do some of the m4 freak morphs. I think it has to do with internal coding. Poser can be a little stupid and morphs that are stacked commands probably baffle it. Oddly I've found I have the best results running clothing through the standalone program Morphing Clothes, and then checking in Poser, adding the ones that MC doesn't catch and then smoothing what needs smoothing. Almost every breast morph ever needs adjusting to avoid vacuum cleavage. These days the only one I really use magnets for is Heavy, since most automated programs really mash up the stomach region and with magnets I can get a cleaner deformation on the waistband.

My experience has been the opposite with Morphing Clothes - I get even less effective transfer using it over Copy Morphs From. I've been using the Poser Copy since PP14 because of that.

also - if you have poser 11 you can right click on any morph and bring up a menu box to pick 'Edit morph' which brings up the morph brush with the morph already loaded in and ready to edit. Super time saver :)

LM

Yeah, I know.........it's just VERY time consuming to accurately edit every morph. I have always edited every breast morph since my first released freebie for Dawn otherwise it's "boob sock" city. It's just part of the process at this point.

I would be especially interested in anything you can provide to assist with height morphs, like Supermodel. Those are a terrible issue in Poser.