• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
mmm... have some trouble in Carrara with these little guys.. The DS version doesn't load at all.. get the dreaded file not found... and the Poser version only half the morphs work...

still managed to get a render out though... :)

Rendered in Carrara
Echidna v Ants

Ants.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Nice render Stezza... I really don't work at all in Cararra, but I'll try to figure out what's going on... I think I still have Cararra on one of my network machines. I used PMDs on ant lines because of the size of the morph data. The import to DS didn't like those at all. Strange that DS won't load into Cararra, but if I remember right Poser files have always worked a little better than DS ones in Cararra. PM or email me empken @ empken.com with the details...

Some follow-up...

I was able to the DAZ Studio version to import to Cararra using the DAZ Collada export/import without any issue. The missing "morphs" in Poser appear to be all the scaling/body part controls (non-morphs) from some reason Cararra doesn't want to read those despite me label them as "targetGeom"s in the Poser code. The open/close mandibles control for instance doesn't appear in Cararra. That control works the right and left mandible body parts. I don't know Cararra very well, maybe those controls show up in different places than the "morphs" tab?

Last edited:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
What the Poserverse needs is a really good bat! With wings that can be adapted to humans. (Hint Hint Ken)

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Regarding bats... I've actually been considering making one but there are several rigging challenges. I want my bat to be able to walk (in that creepy way bats do) and be able to sleep (upside down). Getting the wings to do those two things won't be easy. There also a need to give a fair warning about me jumping into a project, don't expect just a generic bat... with 1,100 different bat species my approach would probably 8 +/- species around the world.