• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Something you probably don't want to experience... two cluster props of Fire Ants on Dawn's shin using the "Bend Group" morph to wrap around the leg

FireAntCluster-Dawn.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
:cool: Ant is a pating the release

Fully sic :sneaky:

:) thanks

I've purposely held back from submitting any of the Ant products yet because I'd prefer to release most of them together... plus I'm still trying to figure out how I want to package them (as I'm typing I formulating lol). I'll probably submit the first 3 once the ant line set is done.

Here's the purposed sets and my marketing ideas on them. I've talked about them before with less detail. You are the customers, let me know what you think...
  • Nature's Wonders Ants. Includes the base model with over 100 morphs in native Poser and DAZ Studio versions. The 12 major ant species are included (30 ants in all; workers, soldiers, queen, subspecies, color variations), 8 poses (one with an animation walk cycle) and 3 leaf props (for the Leaf Cutter Ants). This item is finished and will sell for my usual NW base set price.
  • My Ants House. Includes the ant habitat/farm model with removable feeding plugs and top in native Poser and DAZ Studio versions. Materials include 4 colors (red, black, green and blue) and sand or transparent gel for the tunneling. This item is finished and will probably be sold as a "Sweet Deal".
  • Nature's Wonders Ant Lines. Includes the 5 prop ant lines with morphs to alter the look and placement of the ants in native Poser and DAZ Studio versions. This set is similar in approach to my SBRM "Flock Formations" sets. There are some extra material settings to change species/subspecies on some of the lines. The lines include:
    • Argentine Ant line. A group of 13 ants with Black Garden and Red Stinging Ant material options. 42 morphs.
    • Leaf Cutter Ant line. A group of 9 ants carrying leaf props. 30 morphs.
    • Fire Ant cluster/line. A group of 10 ants that can be clustered or in a line. 24 morphs.
    • Army Ant group/line. A group of 10 ants that can be a fanned out group or in a line. 2 subspecies materials included 33 morphs.
    • Harvester Ant line. A group of 10 ants... I'm working on this one now... there will probably be a morph that positions all the ants to spots in "My Ants House" as well as the standard line morphs.
This item should be done by this weekend. I'm leaning towards making this set Standalone (so you won't need the base "single ant" set) and selling it at the same price as the base set. I'll probably to create a Value Stack for Ants/Ant Lines where there would be substantial savings when getting both.
  • Giant Ants and Winged Ants. Giant Ants would be the base sets materials and parameters tuned for making giant ants that human characters could ride or be eaten by. (All the bump, normal and displacement settings need to be reworked when scaling the ants that much). That set would probably be a "Sweet Deal" or maybe a few settings as a Freebie. The conforming wings for the ant would work on the base set and the giant one. They'd be pretty easy to make so that would probably be a "Sweet Deal" too.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
what about a pre-release Early bird gets all the ANTS bundle sale..... for maybe a week before release..

that would also give you an idea on how it will go. :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Will there be ants in the DAZ Studio "My Library" in native .duf format? If so will they be in the Animals folder or where will you put them? Also are you going to make an ant hill and other bits like that?

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Will there be ants in the DAZ Studio "My Library" in native .duf format? If so will they be in the Animals folder or where will you put them? Also are you going to make an ant hill and other bits like that?

All my "newer" products (over the last 1.5 years) have native DS versions and I'm slowly converting my entire library to separate Poser and DS versions. So, yes, there's a native DS version for all the Ant products.

As for the ant hill, my Ant Lines will have a simple small "ant hill" terrain that will blend into my Sagebrush and Saguaro habitats ground/ground plains. Don't expect the ant castles you see in Africa and Australia... majority of ant "hills" are just small mounds and that's what I'm going for in this set.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Digital ants are just fine by me. Would be happy to contribute any of the analog sort I find. (although here on the 2nd floor, I don't often get ants. And I'm usually happy to see the crickets.)