• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

My rather infrequent, and possibly apocryphal, 'books project'.

3dcheapskate

Busy Bee
I couldn't help it, just corrected the alt geoms for flat hardbacks 5-8 - I'd inadvertantly nudged them all up by 0.00009 in Blender.
Once that was done I added the MT related ERC and... well, it's all done ! And the bit I put in the scripts to be able to cope with different sized stack figures seems to work too ! Three 24 book stacks each consisting of 3 BookStack8 figures, randomized with the existing scripts

Capture.JPG

3dcheapskate

Busy Bee
One more thing I didn't do - set the limits and hide most of the parameters. I've just written a script to do it, but I thought it best to record the values I used in the 4 book stack
Capture.JPG

The reduced limits on the xRotate, zRotate are to stop accidental click-drags in the preview pane (or intentional use of the twist/rotate tools) from totally screwing things up, and on the yTran to prevent opening up gaps in the stack.
The proportions, size, and thickness were mainly to keep all the books around the same order of size and prevent ridiculous stacks with huge books on top of tiny books

3dcheapskate

Busy Bee
...I forgot that the yTran of book 1 is different as it doesn't have to react to a 'Plump' of the book below. The yTran limits for all the other books are:

Min = -0.0024
Max = 0.01

3dcheapskate

Busy Bee
A zip with the should-be-all-done-now CR2 (plus the script I used to set the parameter limits, initial values, visibility, etc), just as a backup...

Attachments

• BookStack8 test06.zip
    49.3 KB · Views: 2