• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Music From The Hive

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Some sweet music there Alisa! The Crocs especially. You're not actually too far away from a friend of mine, Samantha and her daughter Mirci (the original Munchkin!) in Seattle We went to a Jammin' in the Park gig with her a few years back and had a brilliant time. But that's the whole area isn't it? So full of talent and creativity! One things for sure, if you want real talent today forget TV, get out there and find it! Nearest we come to it over here is The Platform where local bands and singers are featured and a local annual blues festival spread around various pubs, but what the heck, grab it while you can! :beehive:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Absolutely :). Yeah, we're several hours away from Seattle, but they have some good stuff there as well. Blues festival sounds fun! We have a lot of festivals, being a tourist area, and lots of free outdoor concerts in the summer. Couldn't go to too many this year. I do like stuff on TV, too. Enjoy The Voice because of the general concept of it. Watched American Idol from season 2 (huge Clay Aiken fan). Not crazy about the judges generally though the last batch wasn't too bad.

Zaarin

Brilliant
I only watched season 10 of American Idol, when the judges were Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, and Steven Tyler. Randy Jackson's input to the artists was so vague as to be useless; Jennifer Lopez occasionally gave useful insights but mostly buried the contestants in fluff; and Steven Tyler, when not zoned out and stumbling over his own words, seemed to talk more about the contestants' bodies than their performances. :confused: I like the way The Voice is run much better--it's much more about the artists, and the coaches actually give the contestants valuable advice instead of the hollow praise that is part and parcel of AI. Also The Voice seems to have a more mature audience, which means that the winner is not always a teenage boy with a guitar. :p

AI also seemed to predominantly draw pop and country artists, which aren't really my genres of choice. The Voice is much better about drawing in a better variety of styles, even if the folk/indie artists don't always get as far as I'd like them to.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Never really liked Australian Idol but I do like the Voice (even if I don't always watch each episode) still, too many I like don't get through :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I hadn't heard that one Stezza, this is my fave "war" one of his...
I like this one of his as well (I'm pretty sure that's his sister that's harmonising with him)...

Not posting this one for the music but for a bit of back story (its prob one of his worse songs) :) Growing up Ray Kernaghan (Lee's dad) had a house that backed onto a park that backed onto my primary school. He once had this truck in his backyard so of course we were all standing on playground equipment or tried to climb the fence to look over :D
Oh and I remember when I was an apprentice I had to do Lee's business card when he was a real estate agent. And I also helped dad with his wedding video as the second cameraman and Lee did a few gigs as wedding singer at some of them :p

Zaarin

Brilliant
Never really liked Australian Idol but I do like the Voice (even if I don't always watch each episode) still, too many I like don't get through :)
That's my problem, too. My taste in music isn't particularly mainstream, plus the artists I like based on personality tend to be shy, and shy doesn't sell well on competitions apparently. :(

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Sweet video Ken! In fact I'm so impressed by Paul Thorn I've just bought Too Blessed To Be Stressed from Amazon which is downloading in the background. His lyrics hit a chord and his voice and delivery is superb. It's good to see Sun Studios alive and kicking given its illustrious history. One of my nephews, Ronnie's most prized (and valuable) possessions hails from there in the form of a 45 rpm Sun labelled record of Elvis singing Blue Moon Over Kentucky with a little ditty called Heartbreak Hotel on the flip-side!
Equally impressive is that sister of yours! For a chemist the lady rocks! Big time! I suspect I will be visiting her website soon and digging into her music a little deeper! Respect! :applause:

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
@Mythocentic. Thanks, both Paul and my sister have some great songs (and some of Paul's band plays on my sister's latest CD). While his latest "Too Blessed to be Stressed" is a good CD, I think my favorite Paul Thorn Band CD is "Pimps and Peachers". Here's "I don't like half the folks I love" from that CD...

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Thanks Ken! I am very impressed with both Paul and Kristen. I had a listen to 'Too Blessed To Be Stressed' today while I was waiting for a couple of renders and I can highly recommend it to any lover of good music. Ditto for Kristen! As I mentioned at the start of the thread I do tend to go for collections rather than individual albums from musicians I like so 'Pimps and Preachers' is next on the list. Same for Kristen, although in her case a bit easier since, as I recall she mentioned that the latest album is her second? Still, theres nothing like getting in on the ground floor as they say, (although I'll probably forgo the bootlegs). I've been collecting Alanis Morrisette since she was knee high to a grasshopper which helps keep pace!
Hummm! o_O It's just struck me that theres a certain Mr. Gilliland costing me money here! On the other hand, the renders I was waiting for were of birds from the same Mr. Gilliland which I'm doing for the little ones at my youngest grandaughters school (and which they love!) so I shall not be sending a bill! :whistling:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Theres certainly a lot of young talent out there Rae and Mikky proves that in spades. It does my heart good to see that he's also proving that autism doesn't equate to stupid or retarded, contrary to Googles ill-conceived attempts to prove otherwise! You might also like this young lady - Zoe Thompson - whom I've been following since she was 5-years-old. Now at 13 years old she's showing the world what a fine rock guitarist she is. This is the set she did with her band at last years Reading Festival. Enjoy!

You might also like to check out some of her other videos on YouTube, especially from when she was barely big enough to hold her guitar!

Last edited:

Zaarin

Brilliant
Today in 1997 Rich Mullins passed away in a fatal car accident.

I was barely old enough to remember hearing him on the radio, but even so the man was an incredible inspiration--not just as a songwriter or a singer but as someone with a faith on fire who challenged the artificial boundaries we put up around what it means to know God. RIP Rich Mullins.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Fan of a lot of bands mentioned, I was most upset when my Beatles collection got robbed:cry:
Not really into country but I just love this song..
[

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Led Zeppelin, Queen, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Band, Dire Straits, Tupac, Jeff Buckley, Bruce Hornsby, Kings of Leon, Foo Fighters, Stereophonics, Florence and the Machine, 30 Seconds to Mars, Blink 182, My Chemical Romance, Good Charlotte, Fall Out Boy, Newton Faulkner, Sia, Lykke Li, Blindspott, Dragon, The Black Seeds, Shihad, Hello Sailor, Split Enz, The Babysitter's Circus, Kidz in Space, Horsemen Family, Herbs, and an awful lot more :)

And just because