• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Music From The Hive

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Probably a blatant advertisement but my daughter Amanda gave me a copy of Unrepentant Geraldines by Tori Amos at Christmas. I've bought some excellent music this year (one of the very few things going for 2016) particularly from Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa, but that has to be my album of the year! Go listen! :applause::snoopydance::applause::snoopydance:

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I'll have a listen the next time I'm ashore for a while, Myth. My album of the year is the latest Kings of Leon, Walls, which is on repeat on the good ship Sans Souci :)

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Hi Lorraine,

I've just been listening to Little Earthquakes from 1992 (on vinyl would you believe!) which was the only album I had of hers. I can't believe how good she is, or come to that, how I've been missing out! My only excuse is that I was well into Kate Bush at the time and got sidetracked ( :whistling: ). Looks like I've got another collection buying spree coming up! Interesting fact: Tori was classically trained at The Peabody Conservatory of Music at John Hopkins University on a full scholorship at the age of 5 years! She was expelled at the age of 11 years for 'musical insubordination' (according to them) and according to her 'because of her liking rock and pop music together with a dislike of reading sheet music'. You've just got to love a rebel! :applause:

Zaarin

Brilliant
This has been a pretty good year for music. My album of the year without question goes to Future of Forestry's Awakened to the Sound.

It's not my usual style--I lean more towards the acoustic stuff--but this album is really a masterpiece. :D

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks for this Zaarin... went to YouTube and found this by them... so beautiful and powerful!

Zaarin

Brilliant
Glad you like their music, RAMWolff. :D Awakened to the Sound is my favorite of their work (not simply because it's new but because it really is something special), but their earlier album Young Man Follow was also terrific (I especially love the track "Things That We Should Say") and I adored The Piano & Strings Session (which, as I said, being an acoustic lover was right up my alley). I also love their Christmas song "The Earth Stood Still."

Well this is nice. Just discovered this Music thread. Jazz is what I listen to. Because.....
Hmm. Must be because it's what I grew up with. My parents were Beatniks, in a band together until the inevitable happened.
But the music stayed on, my father became a music professor, my mother never stopped singing, even when there wasn't any music. No wonder... well anyway the musicians/albums I like the most right now are;

The Roy Hargrove Quintet - Earfood
Tord Gustavsen Trio - Being There
Marcin Wasilewski Trio - Spark of Life
Lars Danielsson - Liberetto
Vince Mendoza - Blauklang
Paolo Fresu Quintet - 30!
Paolo Fresu, Richard Galliano, Jan Lundgren - Mare Nostrum
Aha! Quintet - Freespace
Jacques Loussier Trio - Satie: Gymnopedies, Gnosseinnes
Jean Louis Matinier & Marco Ambrosini - Inventio
Mike Wofford, Holly Hofmann Quintet - Turn Signal
Steve Davis - For Real

Probably no videos on the internet for these albums. Might be something about them on Wikipedia though.
:cool:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Good to see you here SM. I like most kind of music with the definite exception of rap, hip-hop and all their (often incomprehensible) derivitives. I must confess I have little knowledge of jazz in its instrumental form, having a preference for vocalists though I'm pretty sure you'll find Zaarin (and others) much more knowledgable. On the other hand I can stand up proudly and include Stephane Grappelli amongst my greats having been lucky enough to have seen him live four times in the past, with both Diz Disley and Martin Taylor, and would probably have sold my soul to see him perform with Django Reinhardt. Right now I'm off to look up some of those albums you've listed. Have fun! :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
. . . well anyway the musicians/albums I like the most right now are;

The Roy Hargrove Quintet - Earfood
Tord Gustavsen Trio - Being There
Marcin Wasilewski Trio - Spark of Life
Lars Danielsson - Liberetto
Vince Mendoza - Blauklang
Paolo Fresu Quintet - 30!
Paolo Fresu, Richard Galliano, Jan Lundgren - Mare Nostrum
Aha! Quintet - Freespace
Jacques Loussier Trio - Satie: Gymnopedies, Gnosseinnes
Jean Louis Matinier & Marco Ambrosini - Inventio
Mike Wofford, Holly Hofmann Quintet - Turn Signal
Steve Davis - For Real

Probably no videos on the internet for these albums. Might be something about them on Wikipedia though.
:cool:
Well, if you like instrumental Jazz, let me introduce you to Charles Evans, who's a local (NY) Jazz musician, a friend, and a client (I designed and maintain his website) at CharlesEvansMusic.com. If your Flash Player's working you can check out samples from each of his albums on the Discs page. ;) Oh, and he writes a lot of his own music, especially in the newer albums.

Mythocentric; I have a swing album that's pretty modern: Hot Club de Norvege - Vertavo and one that's pretty traditional in style: Romane - Swing for Ninine
got them both from ImportCDs pretty sure.
Miss B; Will check out Charles's website and find out what label he's on. Or if he distributes his own music. Thanks for the tip!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I'll add them to the list SM together with Charles Evans. Hot Club de Norvege sounds pretty cool, but then, anyone who keeps Django Reinhardt alive has to be. Right?

A brief interlude:
The non-guitarists among us might not be familiar with the name and his accomplishments so look at it this way.........There are great guitarists. There are really great guitarists........and then there's Django Reinhardt! And that is a fair old admission coming from an old rocker brought up on Dave Gilmour, Ritchie Blackmoor, Angus Young and Eric Clapton, etc. Nuff said!

I must admit to being very impressed by the Tord Gustavson Trio. I bought Being There from Amazon and I love that beautiful ambience they achieve. It brings to mind the mood I get from Chopin's Nocturnes in many ways. Still There and Wide Open in particular stand out.
I'll investigate more later but I'm banned from buying anything for the moment due to our Lucy's rapidly approaching 5th birthday on the 14th Febuary (Yay! A Valentine baby!) and I have a Doll's house to pay for. :bday:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Thank you Pen! She's been after a "dolly's house" for ages so it was an easy choice, especially as she invariably glues herself to the window at Pinoccio's (our local toy store) looking at them every time we pass by! Meanwhile Mom's been stocking up on suitable furniture and figures for same! (Why do I get the strange feeling that she'll be playing with it as much as Lucy?).
Big Hugs and Happy Birthday to Billy from us! With a name like that he's got to be a cool little dude, right? :balloon01:

Right! Headphones on. Volume up and it's Dave Gilmour's 'Rattle That Lock' album for me! :snoopydances:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Yeh! Not too bad for a blues guy is he Miss B? B. B. King on the other hand........if there's a Heaven out there, that guy is up there front and centre stage! :applause: